Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw i just smiled silly when reading your post at another forum when quoted Janes article as MoF slashed 56 request funding from MoD, as one of the request is funding for 2020 plus 2021 payment of Boramae....

That's why they Made revised Blue Book as the effort to include Boramae project financing scheme

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I expect Vietnam. Rising economy, inherently Russian allies (Soviet Union then) or at least close with Russia (defense matters).

Need a lot of military wargaming with various scenarios to answer it.
Actually a marginal platform disadvantage could be mitigated by superior tactics and a better coordination between combat assets.

But yeah it's interesting for me to see Indonesian media and some "pengamat" getting hyped when Vietnam next door got their shiny new toys especially when it's better on paper on brochure

Tau ajalah media Indonesia pada lebay semua.
;)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually a marginal platform disadvantage could be mitigated by superior tactics and a better coordination between combat assets.

But yeah it's interesting for me to see Indonesian media and some "pengamat" getting hyped when Vietnam next door got their shiny new toys especially when it's better on paper on brochure

Tau ajalah media Indonesia pada lebay semua.
;)

Their buying of Felon is not amount much toward our strategy lay out and Air Force building program.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,311
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Their buying of Felon is not amount much toward our strategy lay out and Air Force building program.
Yup it's all about the aggregate capabilities of the respective air force. When modern AF fought each other they fought altogether using advanced ISR, jammers and many other stuffs. Luckily Vietnam is not vying gor such capabilities in the near term while we're getting our AWACs, tankers, advanced data Link and so on.

Rarely does a war won with platforms. Rather how the platforms were utilized.

But again I'm quite excited to see our pengamat militer thinks about this. Especially when it's ehemmm stealth and Sukhoi. ;)

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,385
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
First thing, wait. This stuff still not clear and also we still not sure who and when the buying is, Or maybe just wacana and/or interested.

Add : Fuck, so it's Vietnam, they even already put number. If their interest for this is smooth, the question is when.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yup it's all about the aggregate capabilities of the respective air force. When modern AF fought each other they fought altogether using advanced ISR, jammers and many other stuffs. Luckily Vietnam is not vying gor such capabilities in the near term while we're getting our AWACs, tankers, advanced data Link and so on.

But again I'm quite excited to see our pengamat militer thinks about this. Especially when it's ehemmm stealth and Sukhoi. ;)

Indonesia would get her part of Boramae prototype soon and so far we already restarted to commited to the program and MoD is revised the budget request funding for Boramae project to be included on the Blue Book, thus allow us to find Loan scheme to bought our share production of KF 21 in near future. And KF 21 is our option to cope with future challenge.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
More 5th gen jet will join ASEAN Air Forces.

Is Rafale+Eagle combo adequate?

The article itself has already mentioned Vietnam. Interestingly it also says " including nations in South-East Asia".

There are only 4 countries in SE Asia who operate Sukhois. Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, and Malasiyia. The next country after Vietnam could be Myanmar. Especially considering what's been happening there.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,463
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You should use this news to tell LM that to balance the future of Vietnam & Myanmar SU-57, Indonesia needs F-35 much more than F-16V ;)
Not bad, altough F35 perawatan lebih rewel dari F16. With that just need to wait for our flanker and F16 to be retired.

T50/FA50, IFX, F35, Europe Delta wing.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,834
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not bad, altough F35 perawatan lebih rewel dari F16. With that just need to wait for our flanker and F16 to be retired.

And eagle 2 too

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
would love to see AU uses the flankers to establish an adversary squadron wkwkwkwk

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,166
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

You should use this news to tell LM that to balance the future of Vietnam & Myanmar SU-57, Indonesia needs F-35 much more than F-16V ;)

When you sit up far high in the totem pole . All this mass hysteria and hypes wass allready prepared to be " cooked " for their own financial and political agenda advancement .

While we plebs are busily drowned in the consumarism wave frantically try to plug the leaks..

C'est la vie.... ☕☕

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
F-35 is more mudharat than manfaat for our AF. Any balance of power can still be offset with 4.5 gen fighter, provided that all options are ticked and acquired

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And eagle 2 too

i wonder why so many of us love the F35, i thought F35 is troublesome and cost tooo much money....
cause the US AF is kinda tired and starting to buy another F15 due the F22 and or F35 is choking them....

doesn't mean that i disagree about this 5th gen fighter, i believe it's just too expensive for Indonesia

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,463
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is there already confirmation from US side about our F15EX.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom