Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's good if our MoD with the help of a lobbyist can actually acquire the complete package of F-15EX just as what the USAF will have - that's what I'm hoping for as well - but if not, either we'll have to live with it and choose other options for the EW suite, or to cancel it altogether and use the money for, say, 36 more Rafale.
I'm not sure if Rafake is suited for air interceptor role. So far I can only see F-15EX and Typhoon that are for such role. Although got to admit Typhoon seem to be the best choice for such role even compare to F-15EX

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm not sure if Rafake is suited for air interceptor role. So far I can only see F-15EX and Typhoon that are for such role. Although got to admit Typhoon seem to be the best choice for such role even compare to F-15EX
Now the question is: Do we want F-15EX or - in this case - Typhoon to be used mainly as interceptor or what? I'm not quite sure about the latter but I believe that the Typhoon have multi-role capability too especially with the latter versions. In any case, I think to have multi-role capable jet fighters but to use them mostly or only in one specific role is a waste of potential.

You can see this shift in the way the USAF intended to replace all their F-15C/D with F-15EX. In a couple of years ahead, the only jet fighter in the USAF which is mostly intended to be used as interceptor or in air superiority/supremacy role is the F-22 - and they might even be replaced sooner than later.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The "I'm gonna get you" or "We got 'em" gesture?
2019 presidential debate
Prabowo%2C-2-G-Eva.jpg

And more...
1625061102169.png

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Now the question is: Do we want F-15EX or - in this case - Typhoon to be used mainly as interceptor or what? I'm not quite sure about the latter but I believe that the Typhoon have multi-role capability too especially with the latter versions. In any case, I think to have multi-role capable jet fighters but to use them mostly or only in one specific role is a waste of potential.
Well, we know that the Typhoon was originally intended to fill in Skadud-14. Although IF we're going with all out Rafale approach (without F-15EX) that mean pushing the Rafale into air interceptor role which will require basing them closer to any potential hot spot or air traffic lane.

The problem with Jack of All Trade, Master of None approach is when there is a need for a small quantity of highly specialized asset. That specialized asset will not be the backbone by any margin, but it's a real necessity to have them.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, we know that the Typhoon was originally intended to fill in Skadud-14. Although IF we're going with all out Rafale approach (without F-15EX) that mean pushing the Rafale into air interceptor role which will require basing them closer to any potential hot spot or air traffic lane.

The problem with Jack of All Trade, Master of None approach is when there is a need for a small quantity of highly specialized asset. That specialized asset will not be the backbone by any margin, but it's a real necessity to have them.
So Typhoon for Kohanudnas.
We'll be Ace Combat Air Force for sure.

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Eventhough the F-15EX have increased weapon load and additional pylons, stronger airframe, new engines as well as various other improvements compared to the 'original' F-15E?

If we're talking about the latter, sure. But the thing is, don't just discount other changes and improvements of the former.

It's good if our MoD with the help of a lobbyist can actually acquire the complete package of F-15EX just as what the USAF will have - that's what I'm hoping for as well - but if not, either we'll have to live with it and choose other options for the EW suite, or to cancel it altogether and use the money for, say, 36 more Rafale.

At this point, either options could be either better or worse in the long run.
or pretend that we have a big balls and threat them that we have to buy SU 35 cause Rafale is just not good enough as an interceptor
copying India with their S400, the difference is they actually have balls

Dassault : ....
Kesalip wkwk
they said F35A is cheaper???
seriously??

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
or pretend that we have a big balls and threat them that we have to buy SU 35 cause Rafale is just not good enough as an interceptor
copying India with their S400, the difference is they actually have balls

they said F35A is cheaper???
seriously??
I'll choose F15 advance or Typhoon more than Su35 as interceptor

archwings

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
in light of swiss choosing f-35, i wonder where is their f16 block 72 because LM says we need "bridge" to fill the gap before acquiring f-35, or was it just gimmick from LM part in order to sell their junk to us 🤔

Last edited:

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
was it just gimmick from LM part in order to sell their junk to us??? 🤔
My opinion, US gov't are the one that don't want to see us with F-35, not the LM. LM motivation is for-profit, they will happy to sell things.

Our country is fragile (especially in recent years), we have to admit that. No way US will let our F-35 (in case they are ok we have that) to be like Iranian F-14.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Waiting for some French mass media giving some detailed reports about this meeting. I can only think that this has something to do with signing agreement for some alutsista procurement, they already meet before and now meet again(in relatively short period).

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom