Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

archwings

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Long Range SAM. Why the F... do we need Long Range SAM for❓ What system planned to be procured, the S-400 maybe❓ There is little tactical sense in using Long Range SAM other than for terminal phase BMD role.
and why in the hell that you think we don't need lrsam with abm capability? ballistic missile is very serious threat and so far we can do nothing to counter it. china doesn't need to invade us, all they have to do is to spam icbm to our cities and we will surrender in no time because we have no means to counter and to retaliate against it.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How confident are you about the F-15EX with 🇮🇱 Made in USA sticker electronic suite?

Everything possible with this

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Everything possible with this

so is the EPAWSS
it's normal for all advanced things to be blocked when they prioritizing it for them self.
but when most of their F15 already upgraded with this things or maybe replacing F15C/D with F15EX...
i think there is a possibility that they will start exporting it in the future

and that is what makes me confused..
are they don't want to export it to Indonesia because they still prioritizing their own F15
or they actually don't want to sell this thing to Indonesia because of those "keseimbangan kawasan" things

if they are blocking it because of those "keseimbangan kawasan" things...
well, swear God, i'm gonna call bul**hit on that

sorry for swearing

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
additional T/A 50 Golden Eagle supposed for at least a squadron or more (heard rumour about 24 sample to be bought)
There was a plan on putting a squadron of T/A 50 (with radar) back then in sorong (cmiiw) when Pak Hadi was KASAU. Perhaps this could be the continuation of the plan.

BTW have your heard anything about what we going to do with the old Hawk? I mean with all those numbers to buy I dont think upgrading current Hawk would be a wise choice considering the condition and some of them still havent got Radar installed afaik. Perhaps replacing them with TA 50 would be better choice. I know we need quantity but upgrading and retaining 12-16 old hawk and extend their life to 5+ years can be costly at the end.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There was a plan on putting a squadron of T/A 50 (with radar) back then in sorong (cmiiw) when Pak Hadi was KASAU. Perhaps this could be the continuation of the plan.

BTW have your heard anything about what we going to do with the old Hawk? I mean with all those numbers to buy I dont think upgrading current Hawk would be a wise choice considering the condition and some of them still havent got Radar installed afaik. Perhaps replacing them with TA 50 would be better choice. I know we need quantity but upgrading and retaining 12-16 old hawk and extend their life to 5+ years can be costly at the end.

Hawk 109/209 is still quite large in number (around 30 something) and actually they have been bought with complete package.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So gonna list what they already listed so far

36 Rafale f4
36 F15 EX (with Israel Dope)
2 A330 MRTT
2 AEW (Erieye, hope they got Global Eye instead)
additional T/A 50 Golden Eagle supposed for at least a squadron or more (heard rumour about 24 sample to be bought)
More H225M Caracal CSAR (Indonesia Air Force need to put some combat SAR squadron in eastern Indonesia more likely near Hasanuddin AFB, and one more to be put in Kalimantan to provide support for VVIP security detail in new Capital city)
More MRSAM
LRSAM

View attachment 24624

I think this info more or less can be found on old discussion and article

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
mlem.jpg

So gonna list what they already listed so far

36 Rafale f4
36 F15 EX (with Israel Dope)
2 A330 MRTT
2 AEW (Erieye, hope they got Global Eye instead)
More H225M Caracal CSAR (Indonesia Air Force need to put some combat SAR squadron in eastern Indonesia more likely near Hasanuddin AFB, and one more to be put in Kalimantan to provide support for VVIP security detail in new Capital city)
More MRSAM
LRSAM

View attachment 24624
That's 4 squadron, if we are still going with the previous plan we will have 3 new squadron and 1 squadron probably to replace F5?

Are we allowed to put F15EX near AU border? Wkwk

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 24638

That's 4 squadron, if we are still going with the previous plan we will have 3 new squadron and 1 squadron probably to replace F5?

Are we allowed to put F15EX near AU border? Wkwk

El Tari still empty though, and it is up to us what to be put in our Border. Btw to put Rafale there should be interesting

Maverick

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hawk 109/209 is still quite large in number (around 30 something) and actually they have been bought with complete package.
IMHO, hawk can be inserted as Kohanudnas element...as suplement for whatever fighter will be bought for this command at the end

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
and why in the hell that you think we don't need lrsam with abm capability? ballistic missile is very serious threat and so far we can do nothing to counter it. china doesn't need to invade us, all they have to do is to spam icbm to our cities and we will surrender in no time because we have no means to counter and to retaliate against it.
IF we follow (of which we do not) Soviet 🇷🇺 doctrine, that would be fine. And might as well procure S-400 instead of any western made system. Furthermore, long range interception is the domain of interceptor & fighter plane, NOT missile. Again, there is little tactical sense in using long range SAM other than for BMD role.

That being said, It's bring us to the choice of BMD system. Which BMD system we intend to procure❓ The 🇺🇸 doesn't allow foreign operator of their system. If we procure it, then it will be all 🇺🇸 crew whose manning it. While 🇪🇺 made system (Aster 30 BMD) still in development. That still doesn't take into account the other supplementary system that one need to effectively operate BMD system or any modern air defence system, such as integrated datalink, EW (counter jamming, etc) of which we severely lack of. I can go further to tactical deployment aspect, but that would make this a rather long post.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
IF we follow (of which we do not) Soviet 🇷🇺 doctrine, that would be fine. And might as well procure S-400 instead of any western made system. Furthermore, long range interception is the domain of interceptor & fighter plane, NOT missile. Again, there is little tactical sense in using long range SAM other than for BMD role.

That being said, It's bring us to the choice of BMD system. Which BMD system we intend to procure❓ The 🇺🇸 doesn't allow foreign operator of their system. If we procure it, then it will be all 🇺🇸 crew whose manning it. While 🇪🇺 made system (Aster 30 BMD) still in development. That still doesn't take into account the other supplementary system that one need to effectively operate BMD system or any modern air defence system, such as integrated datalink, EW (counter jamming, etc) of which we severely lack of. I can go further to tactical deployment aspect, but that would make this a rather long post.

The purpose of LRSAM is they are good material for parade and political pompous

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turut prihatin
Wkwk...
Wait I can't watch it either
El Tari still empty though, and it is up to us what to be put in our Border. Btw to put Rafale there should be interesting
You I like your idea, also to put Rafale (with maritime strike capability) in northern border also a good idea.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-15E with Israel solution is gonna be just F-15SG (Singapore variant). Not sure if MoD would be happy with this.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-15E with Israel solution is gonna be just F-15SG (Singapore variant). Not sure if MoD would be happy with this.
Eventhough the F-15EX have increased weapon load and additional pylons, stronger airframe, new engines as well as various other improvements compared to the 'original' F-15E?

If we're talking about the latter, sure. But the thing is, don't just discount other changes and improvements of the former.

It's good if our MoD with the help of a lobbyist can actually acquire the complete package of F-15EX just as what the USAF will have - that's what I'm hoping for as well - but if not, either we'll have to live with it and choose other options for the EW suite, or to cancel it altogether and use the money for, say, 36 more Rafale.

At this point, either options could be either better or worse in the long run.

Top Bottom