Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
interesting development :unsure:
https://www.intelligenceonline.com/...5ZhrtPaHZCYQrC9AXk9UTExnA2wPhEwfGRPHvClyvEelM
1624953483944.png

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Qatar has the answer for gado-gado Air force:

"In the last couple of years, Qatar has been an Eldorado for fighter jet manufacturers. The Gulf country ordered 24 Dassault Rafale fighter jets, 24 Eurofighter Typhoons, and 36 Boeing F-15QA. It remains a mystery how the nation of 2.8 million inhabitants will be able to fly and maintain the esoteric fighter fleet."

Well if we choose another different type of platform for lift then I dont know whether I should laugh or cry :unsure:

Nice!! one step closer. If only I can take a peak on whats inside that agreemant perhaps we all can predict what will happen next (procurement wise)😁
"The Italian Defense Minister Lorenzo Guerini met his Qatari counterpart, Khalid bin Mohamed al-Attiyah, to discuss the training of the Qatar Emiri Air Force (QEAF) pilots. The acquisition of a number of Leonardo T-346 jet trainers could reportedly be in the talks."

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what "toys" he tries to lobby?
F15QA equivalent, I guess...

anyone can access full article?

between F15EX downgrade or secondhand F15 with steroid
cause they said EPAWSS is a no no for TNI

let's just hope that they want to change their decision
an Original F15EX

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what "toys" he tries to lobby?
F15QA equivalent, I guess...
Well, if somehow we failed to have F-15EX, at the very least the Qatari version is the next best version of the F-15.

Although it seems unlikely considering that the F-15E production lines are now gearing up to the EX version - or so I think.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
between F15EX downgrade or secondhand F15 with steroid
cause they said EPAWSS is a no no for TNI

let's just hope that they want to change their decision
an Original F15EX
I'll just go for Rafale with Spectra for deep strikes anyway.

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How about Israeli solution?
I'm not the original poster, but I personally have no problem with this alternative.

While EPAWSS is one of the most important features of the F-15EX, but one should not forget that there are still other big improvements compared to its older siblings like newer engines, stronger airframe, more weapon stations and load carrying capability, etc. So even if we're not allowed to have EPAWSS, that doesn't necessarily means that our version of F-15EX (let's call it F-15EXI) is a dog especially when other alternatives also exist.

What's more, F-15EXI without EPAWWS should be cheaper than the full package of US-specced F-15EX so that can very well be a plus point for us despite its "downgrade".

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm not the original poster, but I personally have no problem with this alternative.

While EPAWSS is one of the most important features of the F-15EX, but one should not forget that there are still other big improvements compared to its older siblings like newer engines, stronger airframe, more weapon stations and load carrying capability, etc. So even if we're not allowed to have EPAWSS, that doesn't necessarily means that our version of F-15EX (let's call it F-15EXI) is a dog especially when other alternatives also exist.

What's more, F-15EXI without EPAWWS should be cheaper than the full package of US-specced F-15EX so that can very well be a plus point for us despite its "downgrade".

At least from the experience, Israel had fully access to complicated environment full of jamming signal and electronic warfare. Hamas, Hezbollah (which is Iran proxy), Syria (with their Russian allies), there is also other state actor and their long order to provide air defense Superiority in the region had Made them in frontline so many Times Made them one of the recommended seller in arms business.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
At least from the experience, Israel had fully access to complicated environment full of jamming signal and electronic warfare. Hamas, Hezbollah (which is Iran proxy), Syria (with their Russian allies), there is also other state actor and their long order to provide air defense Superiority in the region had Made them in frontline so many Times Made them one of the recommended seller in arms business.
Indeed. While, arguably, what Israel fought against weren't the top militaries that posessed advanced electronic warfare capabilities, but at least they still know what they're doing and that their EW stuffs are among the best in the business.

That's why I still think it's a good thing if we can get the F-15EXI even without EPAWSS - that is, as long as our top officials understand to also acquire suitable replacement in its place at the same time.

In short, no more FBNW!

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indeed. While, arguably, what Israel fought against weren't the top militaries that posessed advanced electronic warfare capabilities, but at least they still know what they're doing and that their EW stuffs are among the best in the business.

That's why I still think it's a good thing if we can get the F-15EXI even without EPAWSS - that is, as long as our top officials understand to also acquire suitable replacement in its place at the same time.

In short, no more FBNW!

Russian guy who manned their Air Defense system at Tartus ports and Latakia would cry if they heard or see your writing

Btw
210458203_3898600940269447_1563327487001368636_n.jpg

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Russian guy who manned their Air Defense system at Tartus ports and Latakia would cry if they heard or see your writing
I thought that the Russians never cry?

Weren't they just spilled vodka from their eyes when they're sad? 😳😲😱

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom