Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still waiting for this plane to be delivered.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does armed forces need it?

Eeventhough M 777 considered as Lightweight Heavy Howitzer, it still need much crew, at least 4 to 6 man needed to operate this gun.

More crew needed is better, that's one of the very reason CAESAR is being selected

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
More crew needed is better, that's one of the very reason CAESAR is being selected
Is that always been the case?
For example: AFAIK Submarine crew considered as a rare breed. So with more new units coming up (triple in a decade or so), isn't it better to choose sub with as much automation as possible?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is that always been the case?
For example: AFAIK Submarine crew considered as a rare breed. So with more new units coming up (triple in a decade or so), isn't it better to choose sub with as much automation as possible?

Padat karya, padat karya especially for the Army which had surplus for officer

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How do you know it isn't something else?
Because it's far easier for typical Indon to relate to something like this ;

compare to relate something like these ;

heck how many percent do you think any posters here even spoke English routinely in daily life❓ I've notice that you yourself doesn't use English in daily life either, neither does over ½ posters here. Which is why I actually prefer to use Bahasa Indonesia when in need to get my points across or explaining something technical to you guys (unfortunately, it's not allowed in this forum)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still waiting for this plane to be delivered.

Per contract would come in 2024
Me think, they just want the delivery after we're running out of jungle due to industrial scale of slash-and-burn practice.

I'm guessing after we managed to putting some lid over this Great Plague of China, there will be another Great Jungle Fire (I'm guessing that will happen in Q1 2023)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

heck how many percent do you think any posters here even spoke English routinely in daily life❓ I've notice that you yourself doesn't use English in daily life either, neither does over ½ posters here. Which is why I actually prefer to use Bahasa Indonesia when in need to get my points across or explaining something technical to you guys (unfortunately, it's not allowed in this forum)
I can't deny that. 🤣
I myself already give up on hope of AU getting F35 in this 10 years or so.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,177
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It was always easier to swallow for domestical consumption to blame other's missgiving rather than contemplate what are we really missing and lacking in . The masses doesn't really cares on what is the function and necessity of net batle management system . And how much it would cost us . Heck , i don't even know if the masses ever understanding it at all . Compound that with the long running suspicion of our top brass rampant corruption tendency.... Tadaaa
What they demand is a physical proof of such acquisition .
But , if such shallow comprehension were brought to this thread over and over again..... Honestly , i'm speechless . For god sake even me ... a side road " teralis " welder could understand that the times are changing ..... And changing in fast !!

Enough with this dead horses beating will ya' ...

🙄🙄

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Per contract would come in 2024
Oh boi, I will wait patiently.

Yeah yeah we get it man, stop.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Me think, they just want the delivery after we're running out of jungle due to industrial scale of slash-and-burn practice.

I'm guessing after we managed to putting some lid over this Great Plague of China, there will be another Great Jungle Fire (I'm guessing that will happen in Q1 2023)
With the capital to be located in Kalimantan I believe in the future there will be less jungle fire in Kalimantan.

Because the central govt will react faster, surely the big fishes will move to the new capital and I don't think that they will enjoy some smoke or haze, or else they will be smoked fish.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Interest in A400 M resurfaced again? For which institution? What happened with A400 M for Bulog back then?

For the 2020s the air force should get C130J only IMHO.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With the capital to be located in Kalimantan I believe in the future there will be less jungle fire in Kalimantan.

Because the central govt will react faster, surely the big fishes will move to the new capital and I don't think that they will enjoy some smoke or haze, or else they will be smoked fish.
Do you know that most of the time the winds there are blowing westward rather than eastward

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is this worth it?
Is there still big market for CN235 ?
Depends on the perspective, ability to manufacture more components may benefit company experience, human resource capability increase via volume, more profit and some trickle down effect on ecosystem. On the other side of coin, well it has to go together with the improvement in PTDI as a company. Is PTDI capable to take advantage of this deal or is it going just to be another brick in the wall? 😁

Yes there is still market for CN235 our ASEAN neighbor just ordered one from airbus afaik

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom