Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well yeah for block 15, but block 25?
I heard it doesn't get anggaran yet.

Block 25 already got MLU and upgrade before come to Indonesia, hence came the name ID

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,816
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Block 25 already got MLU and upgrade before come to Indonesia, hence came the name ID
Still with their old APG 68, no advance IFF, and can't launch AMRAAM C7.
How can? We still do something, Indonesia Air Force afterall need a lot of fighter ASAP
So we take all second hand Falcon, Eagle 2, Rafale (and maybe Su35 too!!) ?

Damn, I hope our Air Force can handle it. 😑

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still with their old APG 68, no advance IFF, and can't launch AMRAAM C7.

So we take all second hand Falcon, Eagle 2, Rafale (and maybe Su35 too!!) ?

Damn, I hope our Air Force can handle it. 😑
Which said?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Boeing bullish on Asia-Pacific despite Covid challenges​

by Jon Grevatt

Boeing sees strong opportunities for growth in Asia-Pacific defence markets despite current challenges related to Covid-19, a company official has said.

Maria Laine, vice-president of international sales and strategic partnerships at Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS), said in a media briefing on 21 July that the company has identified a “USD41 billion” sales opportunity in the region over the next five years in new military platforms.

“We are working on over 50 different campaigns in the region,” she said, with opportunities for sales of Boeing platforms including fighter aircraft, vertical lift, attack helicopters, tankers, unmanned systems, and services.

“We are expecting that more than one-third of all newbuild military aircraft over the next decade [will be] purchased by countries in the Asia-Pacific region,” she said.

In addition to sales campaigns, Laine said Boeing had identified significant opportunities for an expansion in regional services contracts for activities including maintenance, repair, overhaul, and upgrades.

“The government support and services markets will grow between 2020–29 to be worth about USD1.4 trillion,” said Laine, referencing global opportunities. “Within the Asia-Pacific region, we are expecting that demand to be about USD210 billion … and Northeast Asia is driving about half of that demand.”

According to data sourced from Janes Markets Forecast, India, Japan, and South Korea will be the largest spenders on military aircraft over the coming decade. (Janes Markets Forecast)

According to data sourced from Janes Markets Forecast, India, Japan, and South Korea will be the largest spenders on military aircraft over the coming decade. (Janes Markets Forecast)
Countries referenced by Laine as central to Boeing's Asia-Pacific strategy include Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,816
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Which said?
Apg 68 v3 : old Angkasa magazine special F16 edition.
No advance IFF (bird slicer): pretty obvious, just look at them.
No C7 capability: I've never seen them put it on their wing.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Apg 68 v3 : old Angkasa magazine special F16 edition.
No advance IFF (bird slicer): pretty obvious, just look at them.
No C7 capability: I've never seen them put it on their wing.

IFF is obvious they don't have it as they don't request it in first place (notice DSCA)

They already got the EEFC, SADL and upgrade on mission module computer to carry BVR Missiles such AMRAAM, before during ANG services they already put into modular upgrade to carry AMRAAM after only bring Sparrow. If TNI AU never put AMRAAM on photo for you to see is not my concern at all.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,816
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
IFF is obvious they don't have it as they don't request it in first place (notice DSCA)

They already got the EEFC, SADL and upgrade on mission module computer to carry BVR Missiles such AMRAAM, before during ANG services they already put into modular upgrade to carry AMRAAM after only bring Sparrow. If TNI AU never put AMRAAM on photo for you to see is not my concern at all.
I think they still need upgrade to bring them to the same AM/BM eMLU level.

Titanium100

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Denmark
Whatever happened to prabowo subianto military plan did it get approved or partial approved.. I saw some news weeks before that it was partial approved not whole

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Whatever happened to prabowo subianto military plan did it get approved or partial approved.. I saw some news weeks before that it was partial approved not whole
All I know some get thru and in still in process, some get back to drawing board and some awaiting on the sellers respond. Tho we wont see any official statement from the Govt about arm purchase for the next couple of weeks or so due to this Covid "tsunami", it would be politically incorrect ;)

Anyway there are 2 projects that I eagerly want to see the outcome:

1. The reveal on used Submarine purchase (type & source)

2. The fate of our F15EX project

For me the F15EX is the most interesting project. We know that we got rejected to get F35, everyone know we are in a process to get 36 Rafale and we also know from high official statement here that the aim is 36 F15EX or should I say F15 Eagle II. Regardless on whether we can afford it or not I would like to see US response about it. We know that in each of DSCA announcement release there always this line "The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region."

Now are they going to look the military balance towards their own close ally here in the region or they see it as the military balance of their close ally and "friends" towards China aggresive move in SCS? Those 36 rafale + 36 F15 Eagle II + 32 F16 + 16 Sukhois definetly going to move the military balance bar of the region if all comes to fruition isnt it? 😁

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,816
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
All I know some get thru and in still in process, some get back to drawing board and some awaiting on the sellers respond. Tho we wont see any official statement from the Govt about arm purchase for the next couple of weeks or so due to this Covid "tsunami", it would be politically incorrect ;)

Anyway there are 2 projects that I eagerly want to see the outcome:

1. The reveal on used Submarine purchase (type & source)

2. The fate of our F15EX project

For me the F15EX is the most interesting project. We know that we got rejected to get F35, everyone know we are in a process to get 36 Rafale and we also know from high official statement here that the aim is 36 F15EX or should I say F15 Eagle II. Regardless on whether we can afford it or not I would like to see US response about it. We know that in each of DSCA announcement release there always this line "The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region."

Now are they going to look the military balance towards their own close ally here in the region or they see it as the military balance of their close ally and "friends" towards China aggresive move in SCS? Those 36 rafale + 36 F15 Eagle II + 32 F16 + 16 Sukhois definetly going to move the military balance bar of the region if all comes to fruition isnt it? 😁
Include older fleet or new purchase?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do you mean Mak Banteng push the deal bro?

I dont know why, I Hope my guess is wrong but why so many "Big" Procurement tend to being backed up or maybe bawaan some influence politician?
I won't read too much of it. Mak Banteng merely entertain whoever came to her with offering. And at best she merely saying "mas bowo ini loh ada penawaran dari . . . . ." The decision is still at 08

As i said F 15 and rafale is green light regard
YAAAY. Drumming up the hype.

Let's Give Them an Air show

Top Bottom