Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, I'm more worried about how TNI focusing too much at Natuna, while other northern border region could potentially be exploited for hostile force manoeuvring (example, along ALKI II). Keep in mind that the primary objective for our OPFOR will be to securing access to Indian Ocean. And that can also be done trough ALKI II. It's very risky move, but then again back in WW2, the Imperial Japan also pull similarly risky move.
I think they are aware of that, before covid hit I know there is a study to renovate/make them bigger (I lost the wording lol) some ports along the ALKI II. There are also some things that I cant mention here that could be related on making the ALKI II ready to be an alternative route. Strategically this will create port hub just in case ALKI I getting hotter. It might looks like an economic infratructure project, tho I might be wrong :unsure:. It was couple years ago I dont know how it went, and with this covid things I doubt nothing significant happen to the study.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah. It will change the stragetic overlap. You can add KFX block 2 which is fully stealth and 5th generation..
Well I am trying not to get a head of my self since up until now there isnt any clear/bold assurance on the Indonesia continuation participation in KFX, thats why I wasnt factor in KFX. But if somehow we proceed on it I firstly hope it will produce good and ready product like their former FA50/T50 since both come with the assistance from LM. Even then the KFX will still need time to mature and time to reach IOC which my guess will happen after 2030. By that time Im affraid it will be too late if we dont have mature strategic air force assets on hand.

Required

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If this news is accurate, then I'm pretty much disappointed. It's always good to have dedicated comm bird. However, when budget is extremely tight, the funding is best to be spent elsewhere, such as for the terrestrial based supporting infrastructure. The benefits of having your own comm bird is simply ain't worth it when budget is tight.
I think it's not only about the satellite 🛰️, it's also about the geostationary slot.

If we don't fill this slot in 2024, ITU Will transfer our right for that slot to other countries. So, it's better to launch it ASAP.

More info? Here https://majalah.tempo.co/read/opini...omunikasi-pertahanan-di-orbit-123-bujur-timur

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Maybe this is just Satria telecommunications sat.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sattelite? There were some news about how previous mindef "forgot" to include the sattelite payment making that deal went down (cmiiw), pretty much like how he "forgot" to put in budget allocation for the IFX in his yearly budget alocation plan. Looking at the thales statement and the numbers mentioned this is prolly going to replace that forgotten sattelite we once had :LOL:, well if the statement is true off course. Budget wise its alrady been allocated (approved) at that time, tho I dont remember if they take it out on the next year or not. There was a reason why Tempo got the information and prolly the same reason why that contract never seen the light of day ;)

FoodSoldier

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
New orders rose 37% to 8.244 billion euros ($9.70 billion), led by major satellite contracts in Europe and Indonesia.

From their brochure:

Critical communications between Command Centres and operational forces On-The-Move

for systems that are reliable, available and secure. With the transition to connected collaborative combat, satellite communications are the only way to guarantee long-range connectivity, strongly shortening the decision making process to a few seconds, and giving a major tactical and decisive advantage over the enemy.

and most likely will be similar with what Qatar has purchased

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/worl...military-satellite-communication-system-qatar

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think it's not only about the satellite 🛰️, it's also about the geostationary slot.

If we don't fill this slot in 2024, ITU Will transfer our right for that slot to other countries. So, it's better to launch it ASAP.

More info? Here https://majalah.tempo.co/read/opini...omunikasi-pertahanan-di-orbit-123-bujur-timur
Let the orbital slot go to some else for goodness’s sake. There is nothing special whatsoever with the orbital slot. The whole special orbital slot is just narrative to get to project budget. There are plenty of empty space out there

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
Does not want to go too far to the region of conspiracy theory, but I think it is already a common knowledge who is the big wig that have interest in Morowali and his well known connection with PRC. Afraid that other than establishing the necessary mitigation plan there are not that much that TNI can do as long as that big wig is still in power

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does not want to go too far to the region of conspiracy theory, but I think it is already a common knowledge who is the big wig that have interest in Morowali and his well known connection with PRC. Afraid that other than establishing the necessary mitigation plan there are not that much that TNI can do as long as that big wig is still in power
is this air force matter?

Required

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Let the orbital slot go to some else for goodness’s sake. There is nothing special whatsoever with the orbital slot. The whole special orbital slot is just narrative to get to project budget. There are plenty of empty space out there
Waiiit? Whaaat???
So that's just propaganda to get public sympathy?

Btw sorry 😐, that's apparently not military satellite but Satria satellite. I'm Wrong.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

logo sindonews
#BukanBeritaBiasa
home hankam

KSAU Tinjau Pembuatan Pesawat CN235, NC212i dan N219 di PTDI​

Sucipto
Senin, 26 Juli 2021 - 20:51 WIB
KSAU Tinjau Pembuatan Pesawat CN235, NC212i dan N219 di PTDI

KSAU Marsekal TNI Fadjar Prasetyo, meninjau sejumlah fasilitas produksi PTDI, Senin (26/7/2021). Foto/Dispenau

JAKARTA - Setelah diangkat sebagai Komisaris Utama PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) oleh Menteri BUMN RI beberapa waktu lalu, Kepala Staf Angkatan Udara (KSAU) Marsekal TNI Fadjar Prasetyo, meninjau sejumlah fasilitas produksi PTDI, Senin (26/7/2021).

Didampingi oleh Wakil Komisaris Utama PTDI, Marsda TNI (Purn) Bonar Halomoan Hutagaol, serta anggota Dewan Komisaris lainnya, Fadjar melihat secara langsung program pengembangan pesawat N219, project berjalan pesawat terbang NC212i untuk TNI AU dan MOAC Thailand, serta CN235 untuk TNI AL. Tampak, Direktur Utama PTDI, Elfien Goentoro beserta jajaran Direksi dan manajemen PTDI turut mendampingi Fadjar selama peninjauan.

Pada kesempatan tersebut, Fadjar menyampaikan rasa optimisnya, PTDI mampu meraih kejayaan seperti masa lampau dan mengajak jajaran direksi untuk bekerja keras dan bekerja ikhlas. “Saya optimistis, PTDI mampu meraih kejayaan seperti di masa lampau, apalagi dengan sudah adanya project N219 ini, mari kita sama-sama kerja keras, ikhlas, demi suksesnya project ini dan PTDI secara keseluruhan,” ujarnya saat meninjau hanggar N219. Baca juga: Percepat Herd Immunity, TNI AU Gelar Vaksinasi Covid-19 di Bandara Halim Perdanakusuma

Fadjar juga menyampaikan, Presiden Joko Widodo (Jokowi) turut memberikan perhatian besar dalam bidang pertahanan, termasuk inisiasi Kementerian Pertahanan (Kemhan) dalam perencanaan pengadaan. Menurut Fadjar, hal tersebut merupakan peluang besar bagi PTDI. Baca juga: KSAU Sebut Pelanggaran Udara di Langit Indonesia Masih Sering Terjadi

“Memang di tengah pandemi ini, negara harus mengalihkan sebagian besar anggarannya, tapi Presiden RI akan tetap memberikan perhatian pada bidang pertahanan, ditambah inisiasi dari Menhan dalam bidang pengadaan, hal ini merupakan peluang besar bagi PTDI,” ujarnya.

Sebelum meninjau PTDI, Fadjar sempat melaksanakan kunjungan kerja ke Lanud Husein Sastranegara, dalam rangka peninjauan pelaksanaan vaksinasi dan penyerahan 4.000 paket sembako kepada masyarakat serta peninjauan Pabrik Zat Asam (Pazam) 731.
(cip)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

You can't judge it from the picture or clip of short video. You should look at from the true contects and timeframe and how the incident happened in the first place

remember this picture
1111_vietnam01-1-1000x735.jpg

the impact is so great, the carreer of the officer is finished. But the truth behind the story is differ greatly from what it is depicted and ruin the whole great campaign of the war itself.

they should put off the camera if they want to do that

sigh so much abg labil within the ranks

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You can't judge it from the picture or clip of short video. You should look at from the true contects and timeframe and how the incident happened in the first place

remember this picture
View attachment 26668
the impact is so great, the carreer of the officer is finished. But the truth behind the story is differ greatly from what it is depicted and ruin the whole great campaign of the war itself.

they should put off the camera if they want to do that

sigh so much abg labil within the ranks
I already saw the video and AU already apologize for the incident

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom