Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For now we still could rely on the bekang AL . But the next decade will demand more fast paced operation tempo . Hence the neccesity are obvious. . It's the money that always come into the question .... All of those LPD and BRS build up was allready a midle ground solution in such situation .
Oc sealift is the most economical choice but it cannot replace airlift when it comes to speed and inland drop

Currently, the whole army only rely on one Perbekud Batt

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oc sealift is the most economical choice but it cannot replace airlift when it comes to speed and inland drop

Currently, the whole army only rely on one Perbekud Batt
We all know that ... And everybody feel the pain of it . But , time are changing and so are the priorities ...

😭😭😭

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Typical ASEAN dumb moment.

From the Philippines threatening to cancel VFA

Malaysia and Indonesia expressing concern about OZ nuclear subs

And now this....

Seriously.....

For what? Even i am from Lockheed Rep here doesn't have much favor for this US government offer

First, Indonesia Air Force already operated and well positioned with regard to Euro based Air Defense system, the next effort should be on standarized system and connectivity of the inter branch not to add more logistic footprint there
Second, there is not much increase in capability between what the Indonesian Air Force already ordered compared to this one, additional increment cost is moot to me (separated training regime and chain of management system)
Third, Indonesian MoD is in negotiation for large number of Air Defense Radar system from an OEM as continuation of their cooperation. It is not our side not trying to shake their domination, but our efforts should be better funneled into our turf area.

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For what? Even i am from Lockheed Rep here doesn't have much favor for this US government offer

First, Indonesia Air Force already operated and well positioned with regard to Euro based Air Defense system, the next effort should be on standarized system and connectivity of the inter branch not to add more logistic footprint there
Second, there is not much increase in capability between what the Indonesian Air Force already ordered compared to this one, additional increment cost is moot to me (separated training regime and chain of management system)
Third, Indonesian MoD is in negotiation for large number of Air Defense Radar system from an OEM as continuation of their cooperation. It is not our side not trying to shake their domination, but our efforts should be better funneled into our turf area.
Leonardo RAT 31 ?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So now the big problem now are Biden and Congress?

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

This pic probably means something now :)

prabowotipun.jpg

Jaka45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the US reject it and didn't give us F-15EX.
It will be much better to go full rafale instead. And ask the France for more better price and deal.

I'm pretty sure with the current condition they will happy to make a deal with us.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the US reject it and didn't give us F-15EX.
It will be much better to go full rafale instead. And ask the France for more better price and deal.

I'm pretty sure with the current condition they will happy to make a deal with us.
Remember, in Indonesia. The wimmer is the one that take over in sharp turn.

F15, F35, Typhoon is around the corner to takeover Rafale.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
In my opinion, Indo Pacific become more and more important for US these days. Denying access for F15 and angering Indonesia is quite risky for them.

BUT If they do refuse to sell us Eagle 2, Typhoon is a good alternative. We're in a pretty good term with British DoD right now after AH140 deal.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom