Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Can we get them like from India?

There is already established third party

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You're not throwing sh*ts, are you? So I don't think you're among one that he meant.

I'm against Israel's occupation in Palestine as well, but I do believe that if we seriously want to act as intermediate and a peace broker in this conflict, we better open diplomatic relation with Israel as we already did with Palestine.
If Israel and Palestine able to solve all their problem, there won't be many hurdles for diplomatic relationship between Indonesia and Israel.
That's one way to see it. Either they can solve it peacefully between themselves first, or we can get involved as a mediator with a condition that I mentioned.

Both options have their own pluses and minuses.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,389
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If Israel and Palestine able to solve all their problem, there won't be many hurdles for diplomatic relationship between Indonesia and Israel.
Ya, but grassroots that hates Israel just because they hates Jews will koar-koar, like how they koar-koar against US. But, that doesn't mean anything tho, that would have a meaning when they start to put the people like them as President and the DPR filled by people like them.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even we can't do much about Myanmar tho.
Apple to Orange. We're tied with ASEAN's policy of non-interference, so for better or worse, we can only lodge formal protests while the Myanmar military is still slaughtering their own people.

It's different with Israel-Palestine. Israel have actually expressed their desire to open a diplomatic relation with us several times, and, (this one is scrubbing my memory so CMIIW) the Palestinian ambassador to Indonesia once expressed something in the line of "in order to be able to serve as mediator, Indonesia will have to open formal relation with Israel as well".

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
as for the eagle EX, AFAIK it has not reach IOC status with the USAF and IMHO even after it reach IOC most likely the initial production run would be prioritized for USAF. Therefore my gut feeling says that if we somehow manage to get eagle it may not F-15 EX per se but a modified eagle with similar or close to F-15 EX

So yeah, i hope this fighter drama would end in a more tangible result (whatever that result is)
Idk man this jet looks like F15EX to me.

244511346_1959760060858259_188011059243187972_n.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From Jeff Prananda Facebook

242646135_10208489922762402_3609597321794771525_n.jpg
241213880_10208451523242438_5321294897312068855_n.jpg

Look like this particular Fokker still in active service

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Amid funding challenges, Indonesia eyes A400M for aerial tanker requirements​

by Ridzwan Rahmat

placeholder-16-9.jpg

A Royal Malaysian Air Force A400M aircraft in Langkawi. Indonesia is now considering if the aircraft type is suitable for its aerial tanker and military lift requirements. (Janes/Ridzwan Rahmat)

Indonesia has revisited plans to procure a fleet of Airbus A400M aircraft to enhance its military airlift capabilities, however, it is now in talks to decide if the airframe can also fulfil its air force's in-flight refuelling requirements.

Documents forwarded to Janes reveal that the matter was discussed at a virtual meeting between the Indonesian Ministry of Defence's (MoD's) Directorate General for Defence Potential (DDP) and representatives from Airbus Indonesia on 1 October.

Also present during the meeting were officials from state-owned defence electronics company PT Len, Bandung-based aerospace firm PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI), aircraft maintenance company PT GMF AeroAsia, and directors overseeing offset matters at the DDP's office.

As reported by Janes in June 2021, the Indonesian Ministry of Finance (MoF) has granted approval for the country to obtain up to USD700 million in foreign loans to procure two aerial tankers for the Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU).

And given outstanding requirements from the TNI-AU for more military airlift platforms, the A400M has been proposed as a suitable aircraft type by Airbus Indonesia given its ability to undertake both roles, Janes was informed by the source that forwarded the meeting documents.

Indonesia's interest in the A400M was first articulated in 2016 by then defence minister Ryamizard Ryacudu. In 2017, the MoF approved budget of up to USD2 billion for a fleet of five aircraft. However, the funds were never allocated in the country's national budget in the subsequent years and the programme has been in limbo since.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom