Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we count Rafale and F-15ID as 4.5 gen, what if in the future we skip the 5 gen and go straight to 5.5/6?

Agree. F-35 probably looks attractive now, but after 10-15 years when we finally got the green light it would be nothing special in the region.

Besides, we'll always be behind SG and AUS if we follow the U.S. path.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Kongsberg need to do more maneuver to enter Indonesian market, won't be easy to compete against MBDA(exocet) product here.

I am okay if we keep using exocet, unless...
There will be exocet,Taseo,NSM , and posibly Harpoon ( bawaan platform if they given away it to ,but it is a big if ).and i still waiting and hoping for another upcoming big deal for the ID navy.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Okay just add a little, because the last few days news about our acquisition is quite big, i take a look at some forum and media outlets, and what i can see from the foreigners reaction more or less are like this :

🇲🇾 : - kita kaji kaji terus sampai mampus la
- tahniah indonesia
- kita sibuk dengan politaik sementara jiran kita beli aset strategic

🇸🇬 : I DON'T BELIEVE IT....
🇵🇭 : meanwhile ours :sleep: i'm so envy
🇦🇺 : where they got their money? IT'S MUST BE FROM OUR AID!!!
🇮🇳 : welcome to the club
🇵🇰 : wrong move Indonesia, why don't you buy our gen 99999 JF-17 it's much better.....
🇰🇷 : so you guys got that much money but not payed KFX?! :mad:
🇻🇳: (kind of like 🇲🇾 and 🇵🇭)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we count Rafale and F-15ID as 4.5 gen, what if in the future we skip the 5 gen and go straight to 5.5/6?
Yeah, this is more like it. Otherwise we'll still playing catch up with other countries in the region.

With that said, we urgently need a clear roadmap fot that. Not only that we have to acquire enough technical knowledge and expertise in how to build a stealth aircraft, but also in the remote and autonomous AI to control it, including know-how in connecting all nodes in a tightly-secured and mobile fast-moving network.

With our current capabilities, it's still a tall order for us at least for the foreseeable future, but probably not in the next 20 years.

And this is why we ought to start now.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw there is still several must have item in which doesn't know they can proceed nowadays or must waiting after current shopping spree ended. One of them are LRAD and MERAD system, but some influence planner though it is better to procure high end Frigates and Destroyer especially one with ABM Defense capability to handle such task. One of prominent reason is Naval assets much more mobile, more strategic , can carry other stuff beside those SAM system and can cover many of our big coastal Cities and vital assets when needed. In principil i am kinda agreed with them, after all countries like Indonesia is a maritime country afterall.

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw there is still several must have item in which doesn't know they can proceed nowadays or must waiting after current shopping spree ended. One of them are LRAD and MERAD system, but some influence planner though it is better to procure high end Frigates and Destroyer especially one with ABM Defense capability to handle such task. One of prominent reason is Naval assets much more mobile, more strategic , can carry other stuff beside those SAM system and can cover many of our big coastal Cities and vital assets when needed. In principil i am kinda agreed with them, after all countries like Indonesia is a maritime country afterall.
I think we need semi fixed air defense asset to cover our industrial complex that mostly lies in banten, west java, east java and batam unless we intend to have plenty of air defence Frigate to house those merad and lrad

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,866
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But that could possibly burden our Navy, imagine if they have to stuck protecting some area when in a same time they are possibly needed somewhere else (become air defense umbrella for a task force maybe).

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You know what, fellas? All these talks about muscling up our air force, navy and army, and Indonesia's geopolitical stance as well as our ongoing efforts to build our own defense industries, remind me of a fictional country called Orb in the Gundam Seed universe.

At least that's what I think we can aspire to become: a country strong enough to refuse being dragged into conflict between major powers, and has a mean to stubbornly defend their stance (excluding the fate of Orb in the series, of course).

Sorry for being off topic. Just want to get this out of my mind 😋

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Screenshot_20220214_005226.jpg

@Indos MOU/LOI level contract, this is new term for me who already in this kind of business for years. Usually I don't give a fuck about your comment in here or there, but hhh i am speechless with such "ingenuity" coming from you.

And then you are bring irrelevant stuff like Politics and such, in which actually not your strong points at all. You are talking like Prabowo working his way without Jokowi concern at all, meanwhile this is happened after signing ceremony. In which both of them, immediately giving report about the deals and cooperation between both countries.

AATGoH2.jpeg
jokowi-bertemu-menhan-prancis-3_169.jpeg

Which is means whatever Prabowo do, it is actually what Jokowi wants.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom