Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

kantokuukai

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mount it all hardpoints with GBU 58, you got TU22M3 made in 🇺🇸.
1 full squadron can bring down a city.
And it would be better if you cleared the enemy's radar first before you dispatched the bomb truck, and the stealth fighter fits the role.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,544
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And it would be better if you cleared the enemy's radar first before you dispatched the bomb truck, and the stealth fighter fits the role.
Rafale will do the job for a while waiting for
the block 2 kfx or getting f35 permission

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
I remember that some years ago there was a discussion about stealth. Some argue that the definition of "stealth" in US terminology is too narrow, basically what we call today as "5th gen". In their opinion, stealth can be achieved by means other than a low-observable airframe, namely, it can be achieved by speed like in U-2 and SR-71 blackbird for example.

The point is that a certain effect doesn't necessarily come from only 1 mean, but can be from multiple means. If hypothetically a rival is equipped with F-35s, it doesn't automatically render our own capability obsolete. We are to be equipped with 4.5+ Gen fighters, these already good and shared capabilities with full 5th gen, just minus the low-observable airframe. So if we talk about neutralizing radars or achieving air superiority, our own 4.5+ gen can also achieve that, even if the rival has F-35.

That is if they do own F-35 and are combat-ready, not even talking about how many F-35 they have. Even the US acknowledges the F-35 limitation in achieving the capability to conduct all missions adequately, hence they keep modernizing F-15s. Heck, they even gonna retire F-22, how about that. It's not always straightforward and linear answer, today, the 5th gen doesn't automatically make the 4th gen obsolete, and the fact is that both are operated side-by-side, even by the US themselves. That's assuming we won't get 5th gen, yet it is pretty logical to assume that someday we will eventually get 5th gen, why the heck not.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,104
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Secretary General of the Ministry of Defense Marshal TNI Donny Ermawan Taufanto revealed that the reasons for choosing the French Rafale had a strong basis, one of which was the direction of Indonesia's politics in the international world.

"Regarding the source of defense equipment procurement, Indonesia's free and active foreign policy requires Indonesia not to bind itself a priori to any world powers. This free and active policy is reflected in the current defense equipment procurement policy which does not come from one country or one block," he said. in the Discussion Welcoming the Rafale Plane held by the Indonesian Air Power Study Center, quoted on Friday (18/2/22).

Indonesia-France relations, which have relatively few ups and downs, are also a factor to be considered. France's bargaining position in the international arena and its relatively more neutral foreign policy compared to European countries have made France an alternative source of defense equipment procurement for Indonesia.

Last edited:

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"Regarding the source of defense equipment procurement, Indonesia's free and active foreign policy requires Indonesia not to bind itself a priori to any world powers. This free and active policy is reflected in the current defense equipment procurement policy which does not come from one country or one block," he said. in the Discussion Welcoming the Rafale Plane held by the Indonesian Air Power Study Center, quoted on Friday (18/2/22).

Indonesia-France relations, which have relatively few ups and downs, are also a factor to be considered. France's bargaining position in the international arena and its relatively more neutral foreign policy compared to European countries have made France an alternative source of defense equipment procurement for Indonesia.
Their strategic autonomy spirit indeed plays an important role

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,536
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or ask US license to integrate Dahana dumb bomb P 100 or P 250 to F-15. Then develop it into a smart bomb.

I would be very disappointed if Prabowo didn't ask Rafale (and F-15 if we really buy it) to integrate Dahana dumb bomb.

Current Dahana dumb bomb platforms will be retired in no time after all. So all future new platforms need to be integrated with it if we don't want to lose our industrial capabilities to make our own bomb.
I don't think that it will be complicated, because there is no need for electric communication between the bomb and plane, the plane just need use the ejector rack.

I think we can do it on our own.
France's bargaining position in the international arena and its relatively more neutral foreign policy compared to European countries
This.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Based on previous statement from former PTDI director I read in Jakarta Post, current cruise missile program also touch the development of turbo jet engine, but dont know if this just a plan ( due to lack of government financial support) or it is actually running.

Nahhh, JUST BUY. Indonesian engineers can't even built a working cruise missile. Let alone doing R&D on turbo jet.

If anything Indonesian engineers should care less for the fancy engine and more on a working control system and guidance.

Miniature turbojet manufacturers are plenty. It's the science of the cruise missile control system and navigation that we are lacking.

Also from my perspective, you seems to overstate Indonesian capabilities on this particular issues. I've heard a lot of statement before saying we will this we will that, we will launch space rocket back in 2012. What happened ?? did any of those materialize ? what happened to the so called Petir "cruise missile". Last time I check they rename it into target drone instead.

===================================================================================================================
To be honest if this is our approach into making things no wonder nothing of those projects ever materialize other than some fancy show off prototype. Other more advanced missile manufacturing countries such as Iran doesn't seem to busy themselves with things beyond their means and capabilities.

for example Iran 358 SAM

fg_3887263-jdw-10318.jpg

it uses Dutch hobby miniature turbojet used for RC planes and commercial navigational system.

ERWFDY0WoAAtuss

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,427
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I prefer keep current defense spending at this rate ( not ambitious ), but focus on the economy and local defense industry.

Thank god the MoD doesn't listen, I've seen Youtube RC plane hobby guy making more complex machine than the Indonesian engineers working on Petir "cruise missile". :p

The thing is, our defense industry are not ready and from the look of it, you seem to again and again overstate our ability. THANK GOD you are not in a position of authority in Indonesian arms procurement. Otherwise we would equip our air force with this.

Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Thank god the MoD doesn't listen, I've seen Youtube RC plane hobby guy making more complex machine than the Indonesian engineers working on Petir "cruise missile". :p

The thing is, our defense industry are not ready and from the look of it, you seem to again and again overstate our ability. THANK GOD you are not in a position of authority in Indonesian arms procurement. Otherwise we would equip our air force with this.

or perhaps bribe some of those kosher backyard engineer, remember this happened.

1645232453723.png

1645232468686.png

“The suspects were investigated as part of a large-scale security case in which it was suspected that they manufactured, brokered and exported cruise missiles for military use, without a permit,”

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom