Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
nah.....i doubt we dare to do that because our relation with Russia and it's more believable to sell those Sukhois to Vietnam

Vietnam would be implicated more worse than us... They had limited capability to maintain their fleets

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
nah.....i doubt we dare to do that because our relation with Russia and it's more believable to sell those Sukhois to Vietnam

Btw we are not Russian best friend though, we had history to sold Mig 21 to USA and now when we had no other options maybe we can sold them again to USA and in turn transfer them to Ukraine, whatever we need interim fighter just like when we are getting Sabre from the allies...

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,858
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw we are not Russian best friend though, we had history to sold Mig 21 to USA and now when we had no other options maybe we can sold them again to USA and in turn transfer them to Ukraine, whatever we need interim fighter just like when we are getting Sabre from the allies...
I think we got to do it in few years to come, not right now.
Ukraine need them right now.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think we got to do it in few years to come, not right now.
Ukraine need them right now.

Ukraine would get used fighter from European countries, my best bet is Poland , Slovak and Bulgarian Mig 29, the other source most likely is Mig 29 in the hand of private contractor in USA.

Indonesian Air Force need to looking for this conflict seriously, we can see how further the impact of Air Force operated in air defense saturated area like in Kiev and Kharkiv...

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So they can service sukhoi but with limited capacity. And if the maintenance issues beyond Vietnam capacity, then Indonesia & Vietnam royally fucked up. Maybe ask Indian.

Indian itself ordered some crucial parts directly from Russian to maintain their fleets especially the engines. Another but much more least wanted option is China .....

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, i think it will be worth if Turks offer full TOT include guided muhimmat

With all of the publicity and effectiveness on real battlefield against real heavily armed opposition, i think they are just need to sit down and accepting calls from around the world and accepting generous money from more affluent customer willing to pay for their services and products. No need to bother to offered with generous condition again with us just to bought their UCAV like several years ago back in 2016....

If i were the Turks who in charge of Bayraktar Sales and met with bothersome customer who reluctant to paid more but asking premium offer, i would said, just eat your Chinese Made drones!

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,441
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There are (unconfirmed) reports that the US will re-supply Polish MiG-29 transferred to Ukraine with their own stock of F-16.

Consider some predict our flanker fleet future is bleak anyway, me personally, would like to see our Flankers traded for F-16s . But should we ask for Russia's permission to transfer their stuff to third party hands

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I thought Turkey offered us TAI ANKA, not Bayraktar TB2? And Anka is more costly than TB2.

We got offered TB2 at first by their Sales Rep (not supported by their government) and the offer is quite generous back then. But we don't give a bat at all. It is different from when Anka being offered with their government support.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There are (unconfirmed) reports that the US will re-supply Polish MiG-29 transferred to Ukraine with their own stock of F-16.

Consider some predict our flanker fleet future is bleak anyway, me personally, would like to see our Flankers traded for F-16s . But should we ask for Russia's permission to transfer their stuff to third party hands
Hey @Madokafc , do you bet 🇮🇩 goverment have balls to do covert operation back then at USSR-Afgan War just like what you said before?.

It's not coinciden when you said to trade USSR weapon with western made in case to support 🇺🇦

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hey @Madokafc , do you bet 🇮🇩 goverment have balls to do covert operation back then at USSR-Afgan War just like what you said before?.

It's not coinciden when you said to trade USSR weapon with western made in case to support 🇺🇦

For the current one, not!

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What do you think we can supply them with?
Clearly not SANTET.

well since soldiers were human, give them Indonesian MRE will help

It's not always weapon that can help, food, medicine, also help a lot.

Also i wonder if Pindad can produce 7,62 x 39 version of ss1/ss2

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom