Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
There's a rumor that we will get CAATSA waiver for Sukhoi circulating lately. Is there any truth on that?
I doubt it.

CAATSA is a bipartisan act, and started after Obama introduced the idea after the annexation of Crimea.

There has been no actionable hints by the USG about a CAATSA waiver, so I doubt MenHan would take the risk.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I doubt it.

CAATSA is a bipartisan act, and started after Obama introduced the idea after the annexation of Crimea.

There has been no actionable hints by the USG about a CAATSA waiver, so I doubt MenHan would take the risk.
And I don't think the next administration will be friendly enough to Russian (Putin). I really, REALLY doubt it (waiver thing).

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There's a rumor that we will get CAATSA waiver for Sukhoi circulating lately. Is there any truth on that?
they recently inaugurate sukhoi simulator training center at skatek 044.
credit : lembaga keris
1606398993705.png

1606399096368.png

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No CAATSA waiver means we still have double engine slot available. Is it gonna be SHornet or European jet?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Considering the absence of Dassault representative during the ambassador visit, MoD would probably go for EF then.

Alright thanks
Contrary, croissant Eater Will eat it up with the Submarine deal likely meanwhile the Navy surface warships Will cooperate with Japan and Danish

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Contrary, croissant Eater Will eat it up with the Submarine deal likely meanwhile the Navy surface warships Will cooperate with Japan and Danish
Are they gonna get it all or just 1 skadron in MDN ?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For the different deals altogether, Su 35 deal will be left in limbo for some time
I don't get it. So it doen't count as either F5 replacement or 2 new skadron?

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,359
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hey all.

Thanks for Joining Defence Hub live, we look forward to discuss everything related to Indonesian Armed Forces and Indonesia in General, please make yourself feels at home here. am sure many of whom you're all already familiar with.:)

but before that please read and understand the forum rules.

Forum Announcement - Forum Rules

We are still working on a permanent set of rules, and therefore this list may change. In the meantime we would appreciate it if you adhere to the following rules: Insulting & Name Calling DefenceHub wishes to be a platform of productive exchange of ideas. In this context insulting & name...
defencehub.live
defencehub.live

we have a special thread for non political or defence related news, you could speak Indonesian here, much like the Cay Bahcesi page for the Turkish forumer.

Warkop Indonesia

defencehub.live
defencehub.live
thanks

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So waiver for simulator huh?
Their contract happen after Caatsa in effect I guess.
Well, AFAIK so far only China who has been receiving the sanction and it wasnt a full sanction either, only the company and related persons/officials. India, Egypt, etc, hasnt been effected yet, tho threat has been made including Turkey but the sanction hasnt been applied fully. So like chestnut said it will depend on our MoD if he is willing to take the risk.

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom