Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

PT DI delivers NC212i aircraft to Indonesian Air Force​

26th Jan 2021 18:05
PT DI delivers NC212i aircraft to Indonesian Air Force

Jakarta (ANTARA) - State-run aircraft manufacturer PT Dirgantara Indonesia (DI) delivered an NC212i Troop Transport aircraft, ordered by the Defense Ministry, for the Indonesian Air Force.

The aircraft was delivered on a ferry flight from PTDI's delivery center hangar in Bandung, West Java, to the Abdulrachman Saleh Air Force Base in Malang, East Java, on Tuesday.

The light military transport aircraft will be used by Air Squadron 4, Air Wing 2 headquartered at the Abdulrachman Saleh Air Force Base.

"Alhamdulillah (thank God), today, we have delivered the first of the nine aircraft ordered by the Indonesian Air Force. This is an aircraft readied in Troop Transport configuration," PT DI's Director of Production M. Ridlo Akbar noted in a statement here on Tuesday.

PTDI had inked a contract with the Defense Ministry on December 29, 2017, to make nine NC212i aircraft in different configurations.

"Of the nine aircraft, four are available in troop transport configuration, four in aerial photo configuration and artificial rain, and one aircraft in navigation training configuration," Akbar explained.

The remaining eight NC212i aircraft will be delivered gradually, he revealed.

The aircraft is suitable for use in a variety of missions, including passenger transport, troop/paratroop transport, rainmaking, navigation training, and aerial photo, in accordance with the need of the Air Force.

The NC212i, measuring 16.5 meters long and 6.6 meters tall, has a wingspan of 20.28 meters. It has a capacity to carry 25 paratroopers and two crew members or 2.8 tons of cargo.

The aircraft is powered by two Garrett AiResearch TPE331-10R-513C turboprop engines, with a maximum power of 671 kW each. The maximum cruise speed of the aircraft is 370 kilometers per hour at up to 7,925 meters height and a maximum range of 2,680 kilometers.

Since 2014, PTDI is the only aircraft manufacturer in the world that has produced NC212i. It has delivered 450 aircraft and helicopters for domestic and foreign customers.

PTDI has produced 117 NC212i aircraft, of the total 588 units of the NC212 series in the world.

Among the domestic users of NC212i are the Indonesian Air Force, Army, Navy, the Indonesian Police, and the Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT).

The aircraft can be designated as a passenger transport, military transport, and Maritime Surveillance Aircraft (MSA).

Thailand used the aircraft for military transport and rainmaking, while the Philippines and Vietnam used it for military transport.
Related news: Transportation Ministry plans to order N219 aircraft

Related news: KPK summons two PT DI commissioners over alleged graft case

EDITED BY INE

Translated by: Syaiful Hakim, Sri Haryati
Editor: Fardah Assegaf

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And who will be footing the bill of their insurance premium❓
sorry for my ignorance, but for billions dollar project something smart must be on their mind how to get this contract as soon as possible rather than thinking about top brass health insurance

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
sorry for my ignorance, but for billions dollar project something smart must be on their mind how to get this contract as soon as possible rather than thinking about top brass health insurance
In our line of thinking that maybe the case. But for them it's a different thing entirely. Moreover, I'm guessing no insurance is willing to provide any coverage when the destination country has clearly declaring to closing the border. I'm aware it's an alien concept for us, but I had seen a far more ridiculous insurance clause, that just how the industry work.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Which one is cheaper? we force them to go here or we force to go there?

No need to get anxious lah, they still trying to sort who Will work and how they Will work as financier on the deal, that's more bigger issue compared to contract signing ceremony. Look at Hercules C130 J contract they don't working till very recently because both parties can't resolve financing issue

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
4 years to make 1 small airplane?

They don't know the concept of mass production beside on how to secure financier for the deals. It was late in 2019 they are able to get local bank as guarantee to the contract

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ireng-ndhuwur-poteh, when?
Nah iki, Alexa play When When by Koes Plus

No need to get anxious lah, they still trying to sort who Will work and how they Will work as financier on the deal, that's more bigger issue compared to contract signing ceremony.
I have to agree there, another interesting talking point is in what capacity if any, our domestic industry will be involved in the Rafale deal.

Look at Hercules C130 J contract they don't working till very recently because both parties can't resolve financing issue
Is that the one via direct commercial sale? Glad to hear things have finally moved along, hopefully, the sensitive devices that weren't included due to the commercial sale schemes will also be acquired shortly, and more airframes of course.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
American Fighter and other offensive weapons are kind of grim now.
I think the problem lies more in the purchasing scheme that was used. The U.S usually aren't too keen on selling sensitive/lethal equipment through DCS as I also mentioned above with our C-130J secure radio system

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think the problem lies more in the purchasing scheme that was used. The U.S usually aren't too keen on selling sensitive/lethal equipment through DCS as I also mentioned above with our C-130J secure radio system
Do something like C130 need a top notch secure radio sistem? How about acquiring it form somwhere else (thales or saab) ?

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do something like C130 need a top notch secure radio sistem? How about acquiring it form somwhere else (thales or saab) ?
My bad I meant to say comm systems. But it comes back on the requirements specified by the end-user, the type, and level of encryption, etc, or if they even consider encryption a critical item at all. The last point itself is worth talking about as what the AF consider as critical items for a non-combat platform, which apparently doesn't include things like protection suite, is something that I feel need to be revised now that a conflict is looming (taking momentum from the Navy change of stance on FFBNW)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My bad I meant to say comm systems. But it comes back on the requirements specified by the end-user, the type, and level of encryption, etc, or if they even consider encryption a critical item at all. The last point itself is worth talking about as what the AF consider as critical items for a non-combat platform, which apparently doesn't include things like protection suite, is something that I feel need to be revised now that a conflict is looming (taking momentum from the Navy change of stance on FFBNW)

And such thing better not to be discussed via teleconference or Zoom meeting, there is lot of consideration why direct or personal meeting still a thing today

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And such thing better not to be discussed via teleconference or Zoom meeting, there is lot of consideration why direct or personal meeting still a thing today
Definitely not on Zoom. Heck, you're not even allowed to wear your smartwatch during internal meetings and in the lab/prototype areas when I intern for one of those multi-national defense companies.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
boy oh boy... 3bln for 18 unit? wasnt that too much, i know that was with all the support and maintenance, but, that was too intimidating :)

Last year there was rumor that France will provide around $30 bil loan for us. We probably need half of that to buy the fighters, submarines, and weaponry.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
DASSAULT AVIATION: DISCUSSIONS WITH INDONESIA "SUSPENDED" BECAUSE OF COVID

The 01/26/2021 at 19:23

Guest of BFM Business this Tuesday evening, the CEO of Dassault said he was ready to resume discussions with Indonesia as soon as the "Covid problem" is lifted.

2.5 billion euros for 18 Rafale. Dassault Aviation on Monday concluded an express order with Greece, which will allow it to partially fill the air gap in production linked to the health crisis. But the aircraft manufacturer also hopes to finalize an agreement with Indonesia which could cover more than 30 aircraft.

Still, the discussions are currently interrupted. "We are working on it, the context is not easy because the Covid is everywhere and at the moment the country is closed," Eric Trappier, CEO of Dassault Aviation, told BFM Business on Tuesday.

If the "discussions are suspended because of the Covid problem", he assured that "as soon as the country reopens we will work hard to try to go at least as fast as Greece" with which Dassault will have put only four months to reach an agreement.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

France begins backfilling its Rafale fleet after selling some to Greece​

PARIS – The French Air and Space Force will be getting 12 new Rafales to replace those being removed from its inventory to sell to Greece, Defense Minister Florence Parly said on Friday.
The announcement comes a few weeks later than originally planned. Florence Parly had told the National Assembly’s Defense Commission last fall that the order would be placed with Dassault Aviation, the Rafale’s manufacturer, before the end of 2020. But that was on the provision that the $3 billion contract with Greece for 18 Rafales had been signed by then.

That Greek contract was signed four days ago so Parly took the opportunity of a visit to Dassault Aviation’s flight controls factory in Argonay, in the French Alps on Jan. 29 to announce the new order. Eric Trappier, Dassault’s CEO, had earlier underlined the fact that “Dassault is the only aircraft manufacturer in the world to design and produce its own flight controls.”

Contracts to Dassault Aviation, Safran (the engine manufacturer) and Thales (the electronics) will be sent out by the DGA procurement agency in the next few days. While no price tag was given during Parly’s announcement, Trappier has previously said one fully equipped fighter costs around 100 million euros, or $121 million, which would put the total package at just under $1.5 billion.

Parly said the 12 new aircraft would be built to the latest F3R standard. She added, “We sold 18 Rafales to Greece so it is indeed 18 Rafales that Dassault will have to produce.” Speaking at the factory, the defense minister said one Rafale would come off the production line per month, “which represents 7,000 jobs, jobs within Dassault of course, but also within the 500 or so small and medium enterprises that work with you.” She added that in the current economic context “this is good and reassuring news”.

The French Air and Space Force will have its 12 new aircraft by the end of 2025. Together with the 28 Rafales that Dassault is to deliver between 2022 and 2024, this will bring the total to 129, as projected in the 2019-2025 military program law.

If we choose Rafale it will cost $121+ mil and we can get it in 2024+ for the newly built one, but the seken can come earlier.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ulala, it seems why PT DI keep fighting for internal tender for Indonesian Helicopter needs is to satisfy their own top brass greed and even trying to sold idea for Caracal as VVIP Helicopter

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ulala, it seems why PT DI keep fighting for internal tender for Indonesian Helicopter needs is to satisfy their own top brass greed and even trying to sold idea for Caracal as VVIP Helicopter

I remembered back then it was the CEO of PTDI who rejected the AW101 VVIP and blew up the local media insisting that TNI-AU should have bought the VVIP Caracal. Anyway any news about the single unit AW101 we already received?

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Time stamp 13.58 - 27.21 is my favorite part. One of the reason why (in my opinion) we don't really need SHornet + growler if we already got full packages Rafale.

And it's true that fully "NATO model" is to much undertaking for us.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,441
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My opinions, our government want our fighters, ships, and other big defense procurements will involving that "DEFEND ID thingy". Thanks to not transparent MoD, we are too blind to know or even predicts what's next and what is going on.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom