Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F15X and EX mix then
Personally I don't see the need for Super Eagle. Super Eagle is a missile truck that need to work in conjunction with AEW&C asset for targeting. While Super Bug is a maritime based multirole fighter. And we do happen to have a ridiculous amount of "unsinkable carrier"

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait, the choice is between the F-15 or SuperBug, not both right? Personally, I'd like us to copy the RAAF path of procuring the main batch SuperBug and a further smaller batch of Growler if the case above is true. That will simplify a lot of the logistic and training syllabus, rather than insisting on procuring and operating both the Eagles and SuperBug.
I'm not sure if the actual meaning from the news was "either" F-15 or F/A-18. Logically speaking, it is indeed far more practical to have a same basic type with a lot of commonality between variants rather than two different airframes - one for each specific role.

However, I think we also have to consider that with the current geopolitical situation, TNI-AU may need a type which was first designed as air superiority fighter - with additional capabilities as strike fighter - that is not Russian-made.

Just my two kepeng though.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If yhe Boeing option is the most viable like @Madokafc said for our interim fighter need, I'll request single seat F15x or modified second hand F15 c and d just like jietai's JSI.

No need for multirole capability if Rafale deal come true.
Well, the USAF is going to retire their whole F-15C/D fleet and replace them with the E and EX variants. I don't know if Boeing is willing to start a specific production line for new single seater F-15s - that is, unless there's a good reason for it like an order for plenty of them.

Even if they're second hand, there are still a lot of works to refurbish each of them as well as things to upgrade or replace. Rather than splitting the works on two different variants (albeit with a lot of similarities), it's less hassle to just concentrate in building and/or refurbishing just one.

So if the deal is for F-15s, I think it's more likely that they're from refurbished F-15Es although I still hope that they'll actually be the newest EXs somehow.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sadly There is no murica fighter jet boeing nor lockheed on our procurement in this near future regarding the political situasion in US maybe leter on...

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
n this near future regarding the political situasion in US maybe leter on...
I also don't see much prospect in Indonesia - US bilateral relation with the current Harris administration. It's just a matter of time before they start throwing human right, palm oil, feminism, and LBGTQ right issues at us. Best to sticking with the France or others such as Japan or Turkey

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sadly There is no murica fighter jet boeing nor lockheed on our procurement in this near future regarding the political situasion in US maybe leter on...

Are you speculating or heard some whispers that we are definitely not interested in Trump's offer of F-15/18 now he's no longer in the office?

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are you speculating or heard some whispers that we are definitely not interested in Trump's offer of F-15/18 now he's no longer in the office?
Well sir its depend to you wether you called it my speculation or wishper...just dont hope to much for now,honestly i am a fans of growlerski...

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well sir its depend to you wether you called it my speculation or wishper...just dont hope to much for now,honestly i am a fans of growlerski...
How sure are you 'bout fighter delivery before 2024 ?

🤔 dunno, is the F/A 18 and F 16 were almost similar in case of hardpoints payload? I always thih that have much weapon is much better 😂

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

🤔 dunno, is the F/A 18 and F 16 were almost similar in case of hardpoints payload? I always thih that have much weapon is much better 😂
Super Bug is a twin engine not to mention bigger plane, which giving it more flight performance.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Super Bug is a twin engine not to mention bigger plane, which giving it more flight performance.
Not to mention F/A 18 has vast range of specialization, such as growler, etc.

But hey, here we come again with fighter discussion, 🤣
Am still stick with your statement last year tho.

Anyway, is there any news 'bout Heavy Transport, Tanker, MPA, and AEW/C program ? Is it still on table or being scrapped in case of pandemic and recession ?

If my brain serve me well, we also have more oerlikon skyshield to come right, i think the contract was sign last year.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Well nothing is certain right now...🤭

But from what i know that france and denmark deal is a go....for japanese is just about how consisten mr.president with his word regarding presure form u know who..and pliss dont take this seriously....😁

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But hey, here we come again with fighter discussion, 🤣
Am still stick with your statement last year tho.
Everybody will get a share of the pie that for certain. That's simply just being politic.

If my brain serve me well, we also have more oerlikon skyshield to come right, i think the contract was sign last year.
I won't put too much hope on them. And I wasn't referring to the procurement here. Without being actively mobile, those guns along with their radar are stationary target

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, is there any news 'bout Heavy Transport, Tanker, MPA, and AEW/C program ? Is it still on table or being scrapped in case of pandemic and recession ?
Cancelled WkWkWkWk 🤪

Do you seriously expect any sense of urgency let alone sense of crisis from the majority of Indonesia policymaker & decision makers❓

And to think of it, in time like this we really need not only heavy tactical transport aircraft, but also the capability of A400. Never heard about the A400 since about 2 years ago

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Cancelled WkWkWkWk 🤪

Do you seriously expect any sense of urgency let alone sense of crisis from the majority of Indonesia policymaker & decision makers❓

And to think of it, in time like this we really need not only heavy tactical transport aircraft, but also the capability of A400. Never heard about the A400 since about 2 years ago
The effect of no Defense Minister on previous periode

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Cancelled WkWkWkWk 🤪
Thats ruined my day sire 😂

Oh man, that A400 mumbo jumbo, this P8, and thoose Tanker study only came to nothing in this MEF, surely we ruined our plan.
This remind me about "Kebutuhan Alutsista" that been leaked last year for Army, Air Force, and Navy that we have happy about it, and start day dreaming. "A LOT OF DAY DTRAMING"

Hopefully we still capable to fufill transport aircraft and boats requirements.

'Bout the skyshield i agree at the point that it's are static piece of artilery, but hey NASAMS are also static right ?.

Combined both of VSHORAD and MERAD surely put sectoral air defence more sturdy.

Well, no contract deal last year. WDYT bout this 2021 ? What thing that has big possibility that we gotta sign ?

We got Rp 130 Triliun to spent tho. I want to buy some steak with that money.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Thats ruined my day sire 😂

Oh man, that A400 mumbo jumbo, this P8, and thoose Tanker study only came to nothing in this MEF, surely we ruined our plan.
This remind me about "Kebutuhan Alutsista" that been leaked last year for Army, Air Force, and Navy that we have happy about it, and start day dreaming. "A LOT OF DAY DTRAMING"

Hopefully we still capable to fufill transport aircraft and boats requirements.

'Bout the skyshield i agree at the point that it's are static piece of artilery, but hey NASAMS are also static right ?.

Combined both of VSHORAD and MERAD surely put sectoral air defence more sturdy.

Well, no contract deal last year. WDYT bout this 2021 ? What thing that has big possibility that we gotta sign ?

We got Rp 130 Triliun to spent tho. I want to buy some steak with that money.

There is some contract deal for Air Force last year, in which still can't be talked today....

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
anyone know what RWS is used on ILSV J-Force ?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom