Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It actually contrary, Typhoon is not that smooth sailling as solution for interim fighter project. For near term project all depend on the leeway of interim program funding and the solution US had to offer. But to get more F16 is no way, either newly built or second hand. Boeing actually got more chance

And right now MoD seems fixed with Rafale to fill newly built fighter needs for MEF III.
Thank god.
With boeing, At least AF would't get bothered by TWO new completely different new species.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It actually contrary, Typhoon is not that smooth sailling as solution for interim fighter project. For near term project all depend on the leeway of interim program funding and the solution US had to offer. But to get more F16 is no way, either newly built or second hand. Boeing actually got more chance

And right now MoD seems fixed with Rafale to fill newly built fighter needs for MEF III.
Re: Boeing.

Setting aside the Indonesian government's ability to finance the purchase, how likely it is that the US offers their newest F-15EX as well as the EA-18G EW fighter?

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just My imagination IF all 25ID [hopefully] got modernized with full CCIP package in the future.

View attachment 12090
View attachment 12093
Without drag chute?

This one have drag chute I believe.
images

Credit to kompas.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Without drag chute?

images

Credit to kompas.
Well, I still find some 25ID with no drag chute anyway.
I can edit them later.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Without drag chute?

images

Credit to kompas.
Aren't the only drag chute equipped F-16s in TNI-AU service the A/B variant? IIRC, the F-16C/D don't have it.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Kepala Staf TNI Angkatan Udara Marsekal Madya Agus Supriatna memberitahukan langsung Pemerintah Amerika Serikat terkait insiden pesawat F-16 yang gagal take off. Pesawat itu merupakan hibah dari Pemerintah AS.

"‎Akhirnya saya bicara langsung menyampaikan berita ini kepada pihak AS sendiri. Bulan Juni nanti alhamdulillah pesawat kita akan dipasang drag chute," kata Agus usai bertemu pimpinan DPR di Jakarta, Jumat (17/4/2015).

Agus mengatakan, ada 24 pesawat tempur hibah jenis F-16 dari Amerika Serikat. Tapi baru lima yang tiba di Indonesia. Itu pun belum bisa diterbangkan karena TNI AU harus melakukan pengecekan pesawat.

Hasilnya, dari pesawat yang sudah tiba belum terpasang drag chute atau parasut udara di dalamnya. Amerika berjanji kepada Indonesia akan memasang drag chute ke 24 unit pesawat F-16 pada Juni nanti.

Is the drag chute already installed now?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Kepala Staf TNI Angkatan Udara Marsekal Madya Agus Supriatna memberitahukan langsung Pemerintah Amerika Serikat terkait insiden pesawat F-16 yang gagal take off. Pesawat itu merupakan hibah dari Pemerintah AS.

"‎Akhirnya saya bicara langsung menyampaikan berita ini kepada pihak AS sendiri. Bulan Juni nanti alhamdulillah pesawat kita akan dipasang drag chute," kata Agus usai bertemu pimpinan DPR di Jakarta, Jumat (17/4/2015).

Agus mengatakan, ada 24 pesawat tempur hibah jenis F-16 dari Amerika Serikat. Tapi baru lima yang tiba di Indonesia. Itu pun belum bisa diterbangkan karena TNI AU harus melakukan pengecekan pesawat.

Hasilnya, dari pesawat yang sudah tiba belum terpasang drag chute atau parasut udara di dalamnya. Amerika berjanji kepada Indonesia akan memasang drag chute ke 24 unit pesawat F-16 pada Juni nanti.

Is the drag chute already installed now?
I belive majority already got it.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Re: Boeing.

Setting aside the Indonesian government's ability to finance the purchase, how likely it is that the US offers their newest F-15EX as well as the EA-18G EW fighter?
As I recall, Murica is always more than happy to put on the table anything they could viably sell, and we could afford to buy & operate.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As I recall, Murica is always more than happy to put on the table anything they could viably sell, and we could afford to buy & operate.
I see. Thanks.

It's just, it seems redundant if they offer strike fighter version of both types. Someone else told me that it's because the Super Hornet is going to be used for maritime strike while actually the Strike Eagle already has that capability.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's just, it seems redundant if they offer strike fighter version of both types. Someone else told me that it's because the Super Hornet is going to be used for maritime strike while actually the Strike Eagle already has that capability.
For Maritime Strike and Strike role in general well be sticking with the current Sukhoi fleet (there is a discussion of this in this very thread).

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I see. Thanks.

It spread quite evenly in terms of capability, it just matters of which platform is better optimized for what tasks.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,639
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For Maritime Strike and Strike role in general well be sticking with the current Sukhoi fleet (there is a discussion of this in this very thread).

Ah yes, of course. Kh-31's speed certainly gives it a better chance against modern navies' ships compared to the subsonic Harpoon. But it's still good to know that when needed, at least the F-15E is also able to carry anti-ship missiles like what was shown with the Korean's F-15K.

On other hand, since strike roles will be handled by our Sukhois (as well as F-16s, I presume), is that means that the role of the F-15s will mostly be air superiority? Not sure what to think about it if it's true, though.

Anyway, come to think of it, I should've read the whole thread from the beginning. Thanks for letting me know.

It spread quite evenly in terms of capability, it just matters of which platform is better optimized for what tasks.

Well, yes. But regardless of which is more optimized for what tasks, I still think there are a lot of overlapping capabilities. Unless the F-18 that the US offers is the EW dedicated variant - which we still don't have.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, yes. But regardless of which is more optimized for what tasks, I still think there are a lot of overlapping capabilities. Unless the F-18 that the US offers is the EW dedicated variant - which we still don't have.
Wait, the choice is between the F-15 or SuperBug, not both right? Personally, I'd like us to copy the RAAF path of procuring the main batch SuperBug and a further smaller batch of Growler if the case above is true. That will simplify a lot of the logistic and training syllabus, rather than insisting on procuring and operating both the Eagles and SuperBug.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,900
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If yhe Boeing option is the most viable like @Madokafc said for our interim fighter need, I'll request single seat F15x or modified second hand F15 c and d just like jietai's JSI.

No need for multirole capability if Rafale deal come true.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You're probably right, I honestly forgot about the Rafale (still seems like a dream to me wkwkw), my bad. That should be concluded soon hopefully.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait, the choice is between the F-15 or SuperBug, not both right? Personally, I'd like us to copy the RAAF path of procuring the main batch SuperBug and a further smaller batch of Growler if the case above is true. That will simplify a lot of the logistic and training syllabus, rather than insisting on procuring and operating both the Eagles and SuperBug.
Only one (either Super Eagle or Super Bug) would be chosen. Obviously choosing the Super Bug is far more beneficial long term.

If yhe Boeing option is the most viable like @Madokafc said for our interim fighter need, I'll request single seat F15x or modified second hand F15 c and d just like jietai's JSI.

We still have to give the Murica some slice of the big ticket pie. That simply being politic

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Only one (either Super Eagle or Super Bug) would be chosen. Obviously choosing the Super Bug is far more beneficial long term.
Yeah, that seems to make sense.
We still have to give the Murica some slice of the big ticket pie. That simply being politic
Can we not give them slices in a different pie? Perhaps, like the AEW pie or the MPA pie (as long as it isn't the tanker pie).

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, that seems to make sense.

Can we not give them slices in a different pie? Perhaps, like the AEW pie or the MPA pie (as long as it isn't the tanker pie).
It about valuation & creating jobs on their side. Thus, there is also need to give them sufficient quantity. Essentially it's just being politic

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom