Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Lets waiting for the rafale become to be 42 fighters
Yes, the tweet is about the proposed 3rd batch
1st batch, 6 units = 1.1 billions USD ✔️
2nd batch, 12-18 units = 2.9 billions USD ✔️
3rd batch, 18-24 units = 4.1 billions USD (?)

I hope they are well armed.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If F15 turn out to be zonk.
Is it possible to process F16v acquisition in a flash?
(Negotiation, DSCA, LoA, contract all in 2023)

@Madokafc

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If F15 turn out to be zonk.
Is it possible to process F16v acquisition in a flash?
(Negotiation, DSCA, LoA, contract all in 2023)

@Madokafc

No, you can't do that. My guesstimate if the government want to signed the deal for newly build F16, the negotiation including for package, Spec sheet and so on not to mention to prepared the fund, need years, the estimate is two year if you fast tracking the program.

Though the only viable way to add more F16 for now is to use Air Force interim program fund and trying to negotiated USAF/US Air guard units EDA, in which actually already in preparation stage, as the both side already talking about possibility, it was a plan B if the deal for used Mirage 2000 not get the satisfactory deals.

Actually to my liking the Air Force should focused on the number of Rafale and F-16 Falcon, if you can get at least 90 Rafale and at least 160 F-16 even it was used assets it would be great deterrence for the next decades to come while waiting for either F35 lightning and Boramae fighter.

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No, you can't do that. My guesstimate if the government want to signed the deal for newly build F16, the negotiation including for package, Spec sheet and so on not to mention to prepared the fund, need years, the estimate is two year if you fast tracking the program.
No way we could di that in election time.
Then for brand new US aircraft its either F15 or non at all for current administration.

Though the only viable way to add more F16 for now is to use Air Force interim program fund and trying to negotiated USAF/US Air guard units EDA, in which actually already in preparation stage, as the both side already talking about possibility, it was a plan B if the deal for used Mirage 2000 not get the satisfactory deals.
WHAT?! I don't know that!
Alright then, take those EDA and upgrade then and our current fleet to Viper standard isn't a bad at all. 👍

norman88

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
actually, what version of the rafale will Indonesia buy? price is almost the same as the UAE F4 rafale.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Case like this ever happened during the 80s or 70s. Indian rocket crashed to the sea or just the booster, i don’t know, and found in Aceh coast. The US knew it and asked Indonesian military about it. The Indonesian agreed to gave it to US but if US exchange it with another ‘metals’ or weapons. So they gave Indonesia 3 ships for the navy, and that rongsokan was gave to the US that they used it to find out the metallurgy of that rongsokan.

Edit: It was a satellite, not rocket

Last edited:

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Old news, the test was carried out in November 2020
Maybe they gonna get more of it. Personally don’t know the details where that X95 from, but I’m sure from IWI US. If from Israel I’m not gonna shocked by that tho, I ever saw BUL Pistols brochure for Indonesian civilian.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom