Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,530
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Lets make'em loitering uav with 50kg of explosive.
You mean like Taiwanese Chien Hsiang, or Harop Israel. About loitering ammo i ever read that enrol sistem indonesia developed kamikaze drone flyingwing design with smaller warhead 800grams. I hope it wouldnt another 101 prototypes

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
There is no downpayment to be paid. The Rafale "contract" that was signed was just an LoI/LoO saying that "we MIGHT buy the Rafale" in the near future. At no point are we obligated to actually buy or pay for them.

People would really just follow the money trail. Exactly how are we supposed to pay for both the Rafale and the Eagle II when there's a $20.7B cap at foreign loans for defense across all three branches, and the air force has more pressing programs such as MRTT, AWACS, GBAD, and GCI that's already being actively pursued by them? Not to mention the Jokowi administration's "commitment" to the KFX program. The politicians at MPR can talk as much as they want as at the end of he day, all they care about is votes. But if the numbers don't match up and the MoF says no, Prabowo's prestige project is not going to get off the ground.

OMG i thought it was already a fully termed sales and purchase agreement. If it was just an LoI then I should not have high hope and expectation.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
come on guys, at the very least we can still have desert falcon or eagle (i mean literally coming from desert storage) and have them upgraded like our Block ** ID falcon and equip them with BVRAAM and guided munition. If we can have large number of one of those platform, we can still zerg rush any would be enemy.

ps: remember even zerg and tyranid can still beat their technologically superior foes with number 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,496
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
come on guys, at the very least we can still have desert falcon or eagle (i mean literally coming from desert storage) and have them upgraded like our Block ** ID falcon and equip them with BVRAAM and guided munition. If we can have large number of one of those platform, we can still zerg rush any would be enemy.

ps: remember even zerg and tyranid can still beat their technologically superior foes with number 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️
Dessert falcon is a meh for me.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Dessert falcon is a meh for me.
And politically dangerous too

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Personally, I'm not expect any US-made major procurements now, except if the political backing are strong, for example F-15EX. Eventhough its still not clear too, at least front-back, left-right already talk loud about it, which recently Bamsoet also mention it. MoD can't disagree that clear and loudly, eventhough maybe behind he will not take that.

I kinda feel know how the MoD's brain works now wkwkwk (unproven self claim, take it as a joke)

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
as for the eagle EX, AFAIK it has not reach IOC status with the USAF and IMHO even after it reach IOC most likely the initial production run would be prioritized for USAF. Therefore my gut feeling says that if we somehow manage to get eagle it may not F-15 EX per se but a modified eagle with similar or close to F-15 EX

So yeah, i hope this fighter drama would end in a more tangible result (whatever that result is)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
as for the eagle EX, AFAIK it has not reach IOC status with the USAF and IMHO even after it reach IOC most likely the initial production run would be prioritized for USAF. Therefore my gut feeling says that if we somehow manage to get eagle it may not F-15 EX per se but a modified eagle with similar or close to F-15 EX

So yeah, i hope this fighter drama would end in a more tangible result (whatever that result is)

No Eagle in the production except EX variant

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And politically dangerous too
And for what reason it will be dangerous ? 🤔

I thought at first place 08 didnt want to spent more one single engine jet yet scondhand too.

But i think F16 still poses a cheap way out for IDAF operational budget.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And for what reason it will be dangerous ? 🤔

I thought at first place 08 didnt want to spent more one single engine jet yet scondhand too.

But i think F16 still poses a cheap way out for IDAF operational budget.
Not "menjual" for public awam

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

We are currently in honeymoon period with the Italians. Better ask them for their solution ;) .

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Personally, I'm not expect any US-made major procurements now, except if the political backing are strong, for example F-15EX. Eventhough its still not clear too, at least front-back, left-right already talk loud about it, which recently Bamsoet also mention it. MoD can't disagree that clear and loudly, eventhough maybe behind he will not take that.

I kinda feel know how the MoD's brain works now wkwkwk (unproven self claim, take it as a joke)
Why 08 hate EX?
They even hire lobbyist to get it.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why 08 hate EX?
They even hire lobbyist to get it.
At least not sepenuh hati if I see it, as I said before. That's why I have this kind of predetermined idea that this MoD will doesn't have any US made major procurements. Maybe, soon I'll be proven wrong, but right now that's how I thinking.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom