Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Djketoprak

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_001342.jpg
    IMG_20211009_001342.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 71

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
- Issue for A330 VIP, i think president really need aircraft for long trip. Last year "Sekretaris Negara" try to lease A330 from Garuda
Assume these rumors are real, I expect they will put this A330 in 17th Squadron below that ministry.

About the A400M, maybe they will put these in 31st or/and 32nd Squadron and put few C-130/L-100 to Koopsau 3. But personally, I like it to be owned by Pelita for the sake to make it more useful in grey area competitions by using Indonesian Air America-like Pelita (Sutowo's fleet then) like in Operasi Flamboyan that preceded Operasi Seroja. Uang Pertamina mengalir dan menetes dikorupsi sama dipake perang wkwk, what a time.

ardezzo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
wkwkwkwk

from 2x A330 MRTT mutated into 2x A400M MRTT and 1x A330 VVIP :mad:
and F-16 which is the backbone of our air forces still doesn't have any refueler

VVIP for president? just land somewhere and refuel, it's not that urgent
we are in the brink of war here, come on

in the end I hope the tweet from Putut were not true at all :rolleyes:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,505
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I prefer A330 MRTT because it can also be used for extra long trip VVIP plane / troops / logistics.

ardezzo

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I prefer A330 MRTT because it can also be used for extra long trip VVIP plane / troops / logistics.
and if we buy bigger air transporter I prefer a jet powered one, something like Kawasaki C-2 since C-17 has ceased production

(while writing this post, I just realized that I fond of few made in Japs hardware)

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I hope SMI refused it!!
from 2x A330 MRTT mutated into 2x A400M MRTT and 1x A330 VVIP :mad:
and F-16 which is the backbone of our air forces still doesn't have any refueler
These rumors are like we are put a wrong pieces of puzzles. Others already put the right pieces and fast, but we are put the wrong pieces and slow lol, wth. Forget the arms race, dahlah terserah, Asren mungkin menangis melihat ini, kajiannya jadi lembaran-lembaran kertas tak bermakna.

SMI must also knows about military systems or the most realistic is make her own team with specialities on defense matters to check about are the defense acquisitions and other spending are right or not. If I'm her, I will pull people that work in consulting industries (Booz Allen, McKinsey etc) or hire consulting industries for this.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,505
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
and if we buy bigger air transporter I prefer a jet powered one, something like Kawasaki C-2 since C-17 has ceased production

(while writing this post, I just realized that I fond of few made in Japs hardware)
But if we decided to buy A400M(TNI AU/BUMN) I become less interested with C2.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,505
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
SMI must also knows about military systems or the most realistic is make her own team with specialities on defense matters to check about is the defense acquisitions and spending are right or not. If I'm her, I will pull people that work in consulting industries (Booz Allen, McKinsey etc) or hire consulting industries for this.
Won't it just cause unnecessary friction between ministries?

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Won't it just cause unnecessary friction between ministries?
If that is needed then I will for sure planjer gas. And maybe name the team as Dewan Auditor Pertahanan (which actually not just work to audited it) or something non-controversial names wkkw.

I just realized, audit word is can be controversial too wkkw, its like take the job desks of BPK. Must think another name.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just a bit of comparison.

A330 MRTT:
- Offload fuel capacity : 50 tons
- Loitering time : 4 hours
- Distance from base : 1000 nm (1852 km)

A400M AR mode:
- Offload fuel capacity : 35 - 40 tons
- Loitering time : 2 hours
- Distance from base : 500 nm (926 km)

source:
- https://www.airbus.com/defence/a330mrtt.html
- https://theaviationist.com/2019/07/...ime-as-tanker-to-support-of-air-war-on-daesh/
- https://web.archive.org/web/2015092...p-content/uploads/a400m-tanker-data-sheet.pdf
yeah, even if their reasoning are for "HADR" i'd rather choose A330 MRTT with freighter config compared to a400m, but i can't really judge too fast especially if airbus comply with their cn-235 promises.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dont take it seriously,keep calm and ngopi
These rumors are like we are put a wrong pieces of puzzles. Others already put the right pieces and fast, but we are put the wrong pieces and slow lol, wth. Forget the arms race, dahlah terserah, Asren mungkin menangis melihat ini, kajiannya jadi lembaran-lembaran kertas tak bermakna.

SMI must also knows about military systems or the most realistic is make her own team with specialities on defense matters to check about are the defense acquisitions and other spending are right or not. If I'm her, I will pull people that work in consulting industries (Booz Allen, McKinsey etc) or hire consulting industries for this.
It's already 9 September and no confirmation yet. No deal and canceled?
I hope this is because someone suddenly come into his senses put a stop to it.

Although highly unlikely 😑

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It's already 9 September and no confirmation yet. No deal and canceled?
I hope this is because someone suddenly come into his senses put a stop to it.

Although highly unlikely 😑
maybe wait for next week.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You guys can always imaginate what you what, this and that. But one should remember each toy need $ to pay for.

And i am 100% sure every one in this discussion didnt even know how many $ left to buy some toys.

So chill guys, better make work for $ and pay your tax for more contribution. Then you can hope for 6th Gen Fighter, 1 SQ of A330, F 15, F 16, F 17, F 18, F 19, F 20, F 21, F 22, etc, etc.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
YF-23 feels excluded...how dare you!
Wow wow calm dude, calm.
Yf 23 is soo much advance for us to use, the one design it must be have knowledge and enlightment bestowed by alien.

This make me little curious tho, why on earth nobody try to remake Horten Ho 229. Its opensource design cost effective for stealth aircraft. 😁

Top Bottom