Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the French offers full ToT scheme the same to what India will receive if they buy large number of Rafale, then why not? it is include propulsion engine ToT though, better deal than KFX ToT

So far just engine MRO for PT NTP (Indonesia Aerospace subsidiary)

There is story of why Habibie suggest Pak Harto chose F 16 over Dassault during late 1980's

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Heck even making T50 KW is good already, if its more advanced then even better.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
like Boeing T7 redhawk
1645022961049.png

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So far just engine MRO for PT NTP (Indonesia Aerospace subsidiary)

There is story of why Habibie suggest Pak Harto chose F 16 over Dassault during late 1980's
That's why we need to doubled the purchase....even more...a hundred is a minimum, only by this....French will be more generous for engine ToT

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
All non-military citizens are "civilians", technically speaking, even the President. We all came from diverse backgrounds, some are educated in SAINTEK, some from SOSHUM. Some work in the industries, military or civilian, some also work in the government. Some focus on the defense industry and technology, some focus on defense policy. Of course, we have differing opinions, that's normal, just like in other any discussion. So maintaining respect and acknowledging differing perspectives is always expected.

Tho admittedly I can be a bit toxic sometimes
Moon come, probably.
About LIFT, there is plan in 2008, before KF 21/IFX program started

View attachment 39942
Is it a good idea to use delta wing design for trainer?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just my thought.

We have 23 operational C/D blk25 model F-16 which if we decide to modernize, could still serve another 20 years. It's good if we could upgrade those block 25s into the eMLU or even better the Viper with AESA radar. Rafale order could be increased into 72-96 enough for 6 frontline Rafale fighter squadron (16 each).
All the while we left the F-15ID with its GINORMOUS cost, WTF MAN $14B for 36 Eagles ?????????? FInland has 64 block IV F-35 WITH WEAPONS for $9B.

Sukhoi series should also be relegated to secondary duty or even OPFOR role in exercise until its useful lifespan is finished.

+ I'm okay if we're leaving KF-21 although if everything goes smoothly Its good that we could induct the type. I mean its not a big deal, it's not even a 5th gen fighter.

So in the end the air force should look like this:

• 6 Rafale squadron (96)
  • 2 F-16 squadron (33)
  • 1 T-50i squadron(20)
  • 1 merged Hawk 100/200 sqn
It simplifies the air force maintenance while not putting all our eggs on the same basket.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's why we need to doubled the purchase....even more...a hundred is a minimum, only by this....French will be more generous for engine ToT

I prefer keep current defense spending at this rate ( not ambitious ), but focus on the economy and local defense industry. If our economy keep growing fast, even 1 percent of GDP for defense spending can be quite large in 2030 if the economy can be doubled.

Jaka45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-15ID is inevitable. You can't spend dozen billions of dollar without uncle sam get some pie from it. Udah jatah preman itu. Like seriously Prabowo literally spend million of dollar for a negotiator/lobbyist to get F-15EX he can't just step back from it or the opposition will bite his ass for budget mismanagement.

Remember we are not just buying plane but also influence and good relationships.

With the fact US allow us to get F-15EX and EPAWSS. It open lot of possibilities for us to get more high-tech and sensitive stuff from uncle sam.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F-15ID is inevitable. You can't spend dozen billions of dollar without uncle sam get some pie from it. Udah jatah preman itu. Like seriously Prabowo literally spend million of dollar for a negotiator/lobbyist to get F-15EX he can't just step back from it or the opposition will bite his ass for budget mismanagement.

Remember we are not just buying plane but also influence and good relationships.

With the fact US allow us to get F-15EX and EPAWSS. It open lot of possibilities for us to get more high-tech and sensitive stuff from uncle sam.

USA already needs us due to USA vs China competition

If USA is a sole superpower, then the story is different and what you said maybe true

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

As long as we get new fighter from US, regardless the model F-15/16/18/35.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

Rafale engine is specially made for Rafale, unlike the proposed engine for KF-21, F404, that's used in many aircraft, not just one. If we are to be serious in license-producing engines on our own, we should talk to the US for that, not to the French.

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I prefer keep current defense spending at this rate ( not ambitious ), but focus on the economy and local defense industry. If our economy keep growing fast, even 1 percent of GDP for defense spending can be quite large in 2030 if the economy can be doubled.
Well....I didn't say we need to add more spending...We can do that...only by slashing other fighter program...
including...uhm...how to say...
i can't bear to say it....
anyway..i am just an ordinary propulsion guy... not that fancy aviation engineer...
can't talk about it...

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rafale engine is specially made for Rafale, unlike the proposed engine for KF-21, F404, that's used in many aircraft, not just one. If we are to be serious in license-producing engines on our own, we should talk to the US for that, not to the French.
*F414

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The hi low config would come in light but not now. As i said before, the US prefer Indonesian keep the imbalance of trade seriously, while they are taking the likes of Vietnam and China into serious consideration and warning had been already issued. Beside Boeing F15EX which had been selected as part one of the item list Among trade concession. F15EX in my opinion would serve as bomb truck in the future of Indonesian Air Force. Akin more like deep striker, combined them with Taurus KEPD or bring them Harpoon they would be very deadly.

Btw, Indonesia government still needed to choose more item to be bought as part of trading and economy concession between both countries as we are would like to do business with them for years to come, not one or two year shot, at the same time they already offered their several state of art system and technology available for us, the thing already being on the list to be part of should be offered on like Patriot AD Missiles system, Aegis combat management system, Boeing P8 Poseidon, MK 41 VLS from Lockheed, Standard Missiles from Raytheon, AN SPY 1 system or even the complete Arleigh Burke itself.

The items likes of F-16V, Blackhawk, C130 is not that much considered as the "bait" by them (i would frankly said that) as they are already being offered years ago. Well ironically it coming from Lockheed Martin as we are already engaging Indonesian Defense establishment since long time ago😔😔 but well we got more thing other than that as part of offer😁

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom