Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,531
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
5.5/6 Gen (2040s of course)?
which ones will roll out 1st as 6th gen, FCAS (france, german) or Tempest(uk, japan) and your favor? NGAD is out of questions ofcourse US must maintain their superiority 😅

And yeah 5th gen available or projected to be export var aside from f35 for decade later are: FC31, Su57, Su75, KFX block iii,...

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
more I see the US as untrusted ally to us, if lighting finally landed in RTAF, since nowdays Thai lead by junta, and their connectivity with Chinese in their military aquisition program , named it submarine and lpd

Indonesian have allies? Which country we had share common struggle against foreign enemies? The Philippines had fight in Vietnam and Korean war, Thailand fought Border skirmish against Vietnam, Malaysia joint with Commonwealth against Indonesia, the Australian had fought many wars' along with the Yankees since first world war.

short story', Thailand already well known to become window opportunity for the US to looking for China military progress, they already bought China Made Frigates, APC and even own China Made MBT.

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
if the lighting get approve for Thai then in my opinion the US sees us as unrealible ally or partner at least, just because our history in Soekarno era, compare their relationship with Thai, Pinoy and Aussie, Indo just "anak kemarin sore" who more tame after Soeharto got in power, even he did their dirty job expel the communist in Indo and east Timor, still they see us as untrusted nation that will stab them, no wonder lord luhut got mad to them,
well if the US see Thai as a window to see Chinese hardware capability, they should encourage Thai to buy s400 or any Chinese and russian air defence and see how good is it against US fighter in simulation, after all Thai is an realible partner in their eyes,
this is my ranting story, I'm sorry for this

Jaka45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As much i support F-15ID, if US government Allow Thailand to get F-35. It will be much better for us to cancelled those $14 billion and going for more 60-70 Rafale instead.

It literally an insult in front of our face. How US trust an opportunistic Junta that have very close relationship with China rather than Indonesia.

But i have a very big doubt that US will give greenlight for Thailand. From military and geopolitics perspective there is no point and advatange for the US to give F-35 to Thailand. Thailand is pretty much neutral in SCS and they also have very close relationships with China.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
if the lighting get approve for Thai then in my opinion the US sees us as unrealible ally or partner at least, just because our history in Soekarno era, compare their relationship with Thai, Pinoy and Aussie, Indo just "anak kemarin sore" who more tame after Soeharto got in power, even he did their dirty job expel the communist in Indo and east Timor, still they see us as untrusted nation that will stab them, no wonder lord luhut got mad to them,
well if the US see Thai as a window to see Chinese hardware capability, they should encourage Thai to buy s400 or any Chinese and russian air defence and see how good is it against US fighter in simulation, after all Thai is an realible partner in their eyes,
this is my ranting story, I'm sorry for this
Well, Pinoy didn't get anything even, not even F-16 yet, while Thai is still pretty grey. I think it tied up to other things to consider, sharing F-35 means "widening the front", adding more people you consider as an ally. That will be a potential diplomatic burden, but tbh if it's going to be Thai it will make even less sense for the US than with Indo. Thailand has a long history of changing side to west's strategic rival and maintaining neutrality in peacetime with the west, literally never ever being that close to the US camp. All historical experience points to negative, so how does giving F-35 to Thai make more sense than with Indo? You also mentioned Pinoy, whose situation is far worse than ours and they are supposedly a US ally.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still pushing for EF I see.

Having Rafale and Eurofighters opening up our chances to have access to both NGF and Tempest/FCAS. Options is the keyword.

Regarding F-35, let's be real, the U.S. will always place us at the bottom list. We mean nothing to them. Europe on the other hand see us higher. The biggest economy there (Germany, France, Italy, UK, etc) see us as the potential partner.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,502
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You know what? At least they refuse us "politely" in a roundabout way.

Maybe someone in DC really love bang kok, thus preferential treatment.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,502
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Having Rafale and Eurofighters opening up our chances to have access to both NGF and Tempest/FCAS. Options is the keyword.

Regarding F-35, let's be real, the U.S. will always place us at the bottom list. We mean nothing to them. Europe on the other hand see us higher. The biggest economy there (Germany, France, Italy, UK, etc) see us as the potential partner.
Better to go all out for either Rafale or EF, not both.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,531
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How US trust an opportunistic Junta that have very close relationship with China rather than Indonesia.
A little bit off topic, maybe for US, much easier to control/attach string to Junta govern, rather than democratic country like us.
As much i support F-15ID, if US government Allow Thailand to get F-35. It will be much better for us to cancelled those $14 billion
How about getting discount, i wouldnt let go F15ID with EPAWS hehe, and if we could get TAURUS LACM or permission for LRASM

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,502
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
A little bit off topic, maybe for US, much easier to control/attach string to Junta govern, rather than democratic country like us.

How about getting discount, i wouldnt let go F15ID with EPAWS hehe, and if we could get TAURUS LACM or permission for LRASM
They may bring up the issue about MTCR, because we are not someone like Australia where its no problem for them to get very long range missile.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They may bring up the issue about MTCR, because we are not someone like Australia where its no problem for them to get very long range missile.
Australia is MTCR member

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,502
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Australia is MTCR member
Yeah so what?
dhhdhehwhwbsb.jpg

Tomahawk, JASSM ER, LRASM ER.

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well i vote f 15 id than f 35
So in future we have Bormae,viper,rafale,f15 coupel them with wedgtail ,pegasus , poseidon,hercules,atlas its quite lethal enogh. And For stealth maybe we can achive it with further development with KFX / IFX .

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom