Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is this confirmed or just dream twitter post?
Just take it as a dream twitter, i am not "Orang Dalam" or a journalist.
I am just dreaming based on the rumour, while waiting for it becomes reality.

If its becomes reality,lol, another gado gado arsenal, siper for land based, aster for navy.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

So what happens to this one?

ads-400.jpg

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Based on the video, there is no refueling package on the A400 deal, seems like the tanker position still null.
If I recall correctly there would be somekind of a kit converstion to make them able to do MRTT job, perhaps the kit going to be put in a different contract.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,395
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
tanker aircraft namely Multi Role Tanker Transport
Tanker : A400, no?
Isn’t that MRTT is A330 based?

Btw, Airbus, but for this case, especially LM very clever to put (possible) NGAD for their LMXT promotion artwork. Just by adding that, they successfully make MRTT looks sexy lol.

Btw, assume that is LM NGAD, the canopy design from that artwork same as this tho

Looks like USAF gonna put their trust for the NGAD to the long time player of black projects, Skunk Works of LM.

Last edited:

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
An interesting comment at Malaysian Defence blog. Can anyone confirm this?

"We don’t have a good minister. Look at the Indonesian & Singaporean def ministers. Always busy finding a way to help their armed forces. Sinjiapore is spending around 3.3% of their GDP while Indo with around 0.7%. The most interesting is it knows it can’t afford a big ticket from government income and go for external foreign loans from Japan & UAE. Recently uae approved us25 billions for Indonesia."

Last edited:

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ladies and Gentlemen i introduce you I-22

Breaking: Infoglobal hadirkan mock-up jet tempur generasi 4,5 di Indo Defence 2022​

1667049576908.png

Okay seriously guys, tf is this? why avionics company creating fighter's mock up hmm?

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Okay seriously guys, tf is this? why avionics company creating fighter's mock up hmm?
They do have the ambition to build a compact jet fighter prototype. The engines will be either imported or something that they have been "cooking" for some time with various local partners and like-minded people.

In the best-case scenario where this aircraft will receive sufficient funding for its development and its eventual production for TNI-AU, it does seem to me that they're aiming for a compact jet fighter in the same "spirit" as Folland Gnat, AMX, or Hawk 200 albeit quite a bit faster, twin-engined and with multi-role capability.

Also, they are very well aware of the challenges (or should I say the barriers) both in technical and non-technical (mostly political) aspects, to create something like that in this country. So if this mock-up ever becomes a flying prototype, and if the TNI-AU is not going to be interested in it, the aircraft will still be useful as the company's avionics testbed.

FoodSoldier

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
In the best-case scenario where this aircraft will receive sufficient funding for its development and its eventual production for TNI-AU, it does seem to me that they're aiming for a compact jet fighter in the same "spirit" as Folland Gnat, AMX, or Hawk 200 albeit quite a bit faster, twin-engined and with multi-role capability.

Also, they are very well aware of the challenges (or should I say the barriers) both in technical and non-technical (mostly political) aspects, to create something like that in this country. So if this mock-up ever becomes a flying prototype, and if the TNI-AU is not going to be interested in it, the aircraft will still be useful as the company's avionics testbed.
Their ambition is plausible indeed.

We are living in the peak of global supply chain era. Everything can be bought off the shelf, including jet engine and other high-tech hardwares that can’t be produced locally (yet).

Infoglobal then can just stick on their core competence, i.e. software development, avionics, CMS, etc. Albeit they need to collaborate with more experience airframer such as PTDI to become a system integrator.

As long as money is not an issue ya

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Their ambition is plausible indeed.

We are living in the peak of global supply chain era. Everything can be bought off the shelf, including jet engine and other high-tech hardwares that can’t be produced locally (yet).

Infoglobal then can just stick on their core competence, i.e. software development, avionics, CMS, etc. Albeit they need to collaborate with more experience airframer such as PTDI to become a system integrator.

As long as money is not an issue ya

Make it to be loyal wingman drone is more make sense

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ladies and Gentlemen i introduce you I-22

Breaking: Infoglobal hadirkan mock-up jet tempur generasi 4,5 di Indo Defence 2022​

View attachment 49681
i-22 Sikatan berukuran kompak dengan panjang 12,5 m, tinggi 3,5 m, dan diawaki 1-2 pilot.
I-22
Length: 12.5 m
Height: 3.5 m
Crew: 1-2
Engine: 2

T-50
Length: 13.1 m
Height: 4.9 m
Crew: 2
Engine: 1

So small.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Make it to be loyal wingman drone is more make sense
I'd argue that at our current technological competence level, it's still a few steps ahead for us to develop a loyal wingman drone instead of a manned jet fighter aircraft.

So small.
Yep. A twin-engined, Hawk 200 successor.

I leaned more toward the possibility that the engines will be non-afterburning due to the aircraft's small size (hence, more limited fuel capacity), and lesser complexity. So I don't expect a Mach 1.6 - 2+ maximum speed since I assume it will only be capable of reaching somewhere between Mach 1 to 1.5 at best.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,521
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So I don't expect a Mach 1.6 - 2+ maximum speed since I assume it will only be capable of reaching somewhere between Mach 1 to 1.5 at best.
Or less than Mach 1.

What engine is available in the market?
If adour is chosen to power it then it will be more befitting to call it as Hawk successor.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom