Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,530
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
yup, well Erieye is been used by Pakistan a close ally of China, that's one give me off about them.
Hopefully Mod pays close to this matter. PAF also operated chinese zdk03 awacs too. Also SAAB data breach

Zinan 二

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Planned Acquisition of F-15 Jets by Indonesia May Be Cancelled​

A source familiar with this matter in the US revealed that the deadline for signing the acquisition agreement is mid-December 2022. However, until now, the two countries have not signed a sale and purchase agreement.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,371
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Saab Erieye ER
  • GaN antenna equipped AESA
  • Fixed position
  • S Band
  • quicker picture update compared to rotodome AEWC
  • less than 360 deg coverage (300 deg max)

E-2D Advanced Hawkeye APY-9
  • (I assume) GaN AESA antenna
  • Rotodome
  • Ultra High Frequency (UHF) band
  • less quick picture update compared to fixed radar
  • 360 deg coverage

E-7 Wedgetail Multi Role Electronic Scan (MESA)

• Older GaAS antenna
  • Fixed position
  • L Band
  • quicker picture update compared to Rotodome AEWC
  • 360 degree coverage
  • priciest of all

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,371
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i have interested why there are quite large margin of price between Marine Nationale Hawkeye and JSDF order?

Different equipment and number of orders

The Government of Japan has requested to buy up to nine (9) E-2D Advanced Hawkeye (AHE) Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft, twenty eight (28) T56-A-427A engines (18 installed and 10 spares), twelve (12) Multifunction Information Distribution System/Joint Tactical Radio System (MIDS/JTRS) terminals (9 installed and 3 spares), ten (10) APY-9 Radars (9 installed and 1 spare), eleven (11) AN/AYK-27 Integrated Navigation Control and Display Systems (INCDS) (9 installed and 2 spares), thirty (30) LN-251 Embedded Global Positioning Systems/Inertial Navigation Systems (EGIs) with Embedded Airborne Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (SAASM) Receiver (18 installed and 12 spares), and twelve (12) AN/ALQ-217 Electronic Support Measures (ESM, 9 installed and 3 spares). Also included are: aircraft ancillary equipment, modifications, spare and repair parts, support equipment, publications and technical documentation, software, personnel training and training equipment, ferry services, U.S. Government and contractor logistics, engineering, and technical support services, and other related elements of logistics and program support. The total estimated program cost is $3.135 billion.

The Government of France requests to buy three (3) E-2D Advanced Hawkeye Aircraft, ten (10) T-56-427A engines (6 installed and 4 spares), three (3) AN/APY-9 radar assemblies, four (4) AN/ALQ-217 electronic support measure systems (3 installed and 1 spare), three (3) AN/AYK-27 Integrated Navigation Channels and Display Systems, five (5) Link-16 (MIDS-JTRS) Communications Systems (3 installed and 2 spares), ten (10) Embedded GPS/INS (EGI) Devices (6 installed and 4 spares), four (4) AN/APX-122(A) and AN/APX-123(A) Identification, Friend or Foe systems (3 installed and 1 spare) and one (1) Joint Mission Planning System. Also included are Common Systems Integration Laboratories with/Test Equipment, one in Melbourne, FL, and the other in France; air and ground crew equipment; support equipment; spare and repair parts; publications and technical documentation; transportation; training and training equipment; U.S. Government and contractor logistics, engineering, and technical support services; and other related elements of logistics and program support. The total estimated program cost is $2 billion.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
everything can happened right? nothing set in stone yet

Israel ELTA system been bought by Italian Air Force last year

they may come from any vendor, either Czech or even Brazilian third party LoL

yup, well Erieye is been used by Pakistan a close ally of China, that's one give me off about them.

Saab Erieye ER
  • GaN antenna equipped AESA
  • Fixed position
  • S Band
  • quicker picture update compared to rotodome AEWC
  • less than 360 deg coverage (300 deg max)

E-2D Advanced Hawkeye APY-9
  • (I assume) GaN AESA antenna
  • Rotodome
  • Ultra High Frequency (UHF) band
  • less quick picture update compared to fixed radar
  • 360 deg coverage

E-7 Wedgetail Multi Role Electronic Scan (MESA)

• Older GaAS antenna
  • Fixed position
  • L Band
  • quicker picture update compared to Rotodome AEWC
  • 360 degree coverage
  • priciest of all

Are Any other alternative still have a chance now?
Because I can't remember Air force or MoD give any serious look other than E7 and Erieye/Globalhawk.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,530
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Planned Acquisition of F-15 Jets by Indonesia May Be Cancelled​

A source familiar with this matter in the US revealed that the deadline for signing the acquisition agreement is mid-December 2022. However, until now, the two countries have not signed a sale and purchase agreement.

Just wait, there are 10 and 1/2 months left before 2024.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because I can't remember Air force or MoD give any serious look other than E7 and Erieye/Globalhawk.
The best is prolly G550 CAEW with EL/W-2085 Radar like what italy and singapore had, they had 4 facing fixed AESA antenna covering 360 degree compared to erieye or rotodome option (means that they will always constantly scanned those 360 degree coverage without delay).

1676443062926.png

1676443075884.png

Italy bought Two of these system worth for $500 Million, we could get three of that with 800$ Million budget allocation based on assumed pricetag.
And it's looks like our neighbour seems still not wanting to replace this AEW system either.

so let's hope Retia/Czechoslovak group would intervene and try to market this.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,371
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If TNI-AU's spanduk were to be believed then the choice has been decided to be Erieye or its Erieye ER variant.

I'm still hoping my personal favorite (APY-9 equipped E-2D) to be considered tho lol.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The best is prolly G550 CAEW with EL/W-2085 Radar like what italy and singapore had, they had 4 facing fixed AESA antenna covering 360 degree compared to erieye or rotodome option (means that they will always constantly scanned those 360 degree coverage without delay).

View attachment 54116
View attachment 54117

Italy bought Two of these system worth for $500 Million, we could get three of that with 800$ Million budget allocation based on assumed pricetag.
And it's looks like our neighbour seems still not wanting to replace this AEW system either.

so let's hope Retia/Czechoslovak group would intervene and try to market this.

Someone not from Czech though, the people i know already inquired when the budget would be released so they can confidently proposed their products it is would be all talk of there is no budget

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Someone not from Czech though, the people i know already inquired when the budget would be released so they can confidently proposed their products it is would be all talk of there is no budget
Italian?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why Indonesia didn't buy Aksungur instead of Anka and tb2. Turkish navy is using Aksungur.It has very long endurance and it's a specialized uav for naval operations.(Considering that indonesia is an island country)
Maybe because they are cheaper we could buy them in more significant number and open local production here.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom