Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why only A/B?

Maybe some of our F-16s still use P&W-200? It can be upgraded to 220E though

At least we can use Ex-JSADF 220E for spare parts
Jenis mesin yang di rollback pada F-16 C TS-1634 adalah Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220. Sebagai informasi, semua F-16 TNI AU – seri A/B/C/D, kesemuanya menggunakan mesin ini, dengan tujuan agar bisa interchangeable.

Our F-16 is using F100 PW 220.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Jenis mesin yang di rollback pada F-16 C TS-1634 adalah Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220. Sebagai informasi, semua F-16 TNI AU – seri A/B/C/D, kesemuanya menggunakan mesin ini, dengan tujuan agar bisa interchangeable.

Our F-16 is using F100 PW 220.
it's said they are 200 and 220E.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Is this a cover up? It's released right after the pic of our Air Force Chief inside F-15J cockpit circulating on the internet :p

Unlike Mogami, 100 F-15J are available for transfer right away. At the same time their Principles on Transfer of Defense Equipment still hasn't been changed.

If there's accusation that they're violating their own regulations, they can simply say "Nope, we're only transferring the used engines".

My conspiracy theory brain tells me that we might be getting the F-15J plus some surplus engines.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think they tried to use US as a third party to sell the F-15J.

Even if it can be transferred right away its only capable of launching AAM, can't even launch AMRAAM (F-15J that isn't underwent Super Interceptor Upgrade).

Isn't a must for us to take the F-15J or the engine or both, but if the quality and prices are good then we can consider it.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
RI now in talks with UAE to get more Mirage jets

News Desk (The Jakarta Post) Jakarta ● Sat, June 17, 2023

Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto said on Thursday that his team was currently in negotiations with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to procure several Dassault Mirage 2000-9 fighter jets following the government's decision to acquire an older version of the aircraft from Qatar.

Prabowo told reporters in Bandung, West Java, that if the deal with Abu Dhabi went through, the Indonesian Air Force would be able to quickly rejuvenate its aging fleet.

"We're currently negotiating with the UAE. They also have Mirage 2000-9 [jets]. I hope the negotiation will be smooth and we can soon acquire them within the next five years before the brand-new jets arrive," the minister said.

https://www.thejakartapost.com/indo...n-talks-with-uae-to-get-more-mirage-jets.html.
If all goes well then 24 Mirage should be enough to maintain readyness to minimum level while other assets being upgraded/undergoing maintenance. I read somewhere that it will include Mirage simulator, if this is true then next step is the munition. I wonder what will it be? 😏
Do we have F100 engine shortage?
I dont think so but those F15J looks so yummie isnt it? 😁

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom