Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
" Upgraded ex-Austrian ones + 48 new units,"

Tranche one can get a great upgrade, as for the new units, go for tranche 3!

Probably will cost around 6-7 billions USD, but as I said, use multi-year contract.
Your post, Is that a "bocoran" or opinion?
Few years ago I was thinking Typhoon was kind of "ketinggalan jaman" compared to Rafale. No aesa, no multirole capability, etc.

But seems like they already catching up with newer tranche. We have to wait longer with brand new typhoon though.

Last edited:

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Your post, Is that a "bocoran" or opinion?
Few years ago I was thinking Typhoon was kind of "ketinggalan jaman" compared to Rafale. No aesa, no multirole capability, etc.

But seems like they already catching up with newer tranche. We have to wait longer with brand new typhoon.

Why do you ask that? I want to keep that as mystery! :D It's a dream, my dream.

They are, it's the main fighter of some of Europe's major players (excluding France), they can't afford to be left behind.

joedhie2k

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rafale and Typhoon are sibling actually.. the French pull out from the programme because they need jet that can be launched from CVs.. which is why Rafale is smaller than Typhoon.

My guess is Typhoon ex-Austria will come as is.. and the sqd become operational by end of 2021.. then Rafale will start coming by mid 2023 or early 2024, and the sqd full operational by 2025.. so they will not consume lots of cost at the same time..

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rafale and Typhoon are sibling actually.. the French pull out from the programme because they need jet that can be launched from CVs.. which is why Rafale is smaller than Typhoon.

My guess is Typhoon ex-Austria will come as is.. and the sqd become operational by end of 2021.. then Rafale will start coming by mid 2023 or early 2024, and the sqd full operational by 2025.. so they will not consume lots of cost at the same time..

both rafale and f35 are CV STOL capable, my guess LHD will be in order 2024-2029, rafale or f35 can fill the air fighter wing in our LHD,

it reasonable if MoD choose rafale if LHD already in his plan

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
both rafale and f35 are CV STOL capable, my guess LHD will be in order 2024-2029, rafale or f35 can fill the air fighter wing in our LHD,

Could rafale lauch without catapult?

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Are we really need an LHD-based aircraft that fast?

Not to mention F-35B 'inferiority' compared to the conventional F-35A (range, payload, maintenance, etc)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
LMAO , things got even more interesting
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Ae...S-nod-for-F-15-and-F-18-fighter-jet-purchases
1607521453374.png

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gendeng.. gendeng...
I don't know what to say anymore.
Never come in my mind in the past there will be a time that we'll get so many choices like this!! (Not in a good way)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Pedrason said the defense ministry under Subianto has a grand plan of procuring more than 100 superior fighter jets, to add to Indonesia's current fleet of less than 60. "We'll have around 170 fighter jets at the end of it. Extraordinary," Pedrason said.
🤪🤪🤪

Caksakerah

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

‘Pedrason said the defense ministry under Subianto has a grand plan of procuring more than 100 superior fighter jets, to add to Indonesia's current fleet of less than 60. "We'll have around 170 fighter jets at the end of it. Extraordinary," Pedrason said.’

Crazy indeed. Hope its the latest iteration of the fighter.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
‘Pedrason said the defense ministry under Subianto has a grand plan of procuring more than 100 superior fighter jets, to add to Indonesia's current fleet of less than 60. "We'll have around 170 fighter jets at the end of it. Extraordinary," Pedrason said.’

Crazy indeed. Hope its the latest iteration of the fighter.
my assumption is it's a combination of Interceptor , multirole and LIFT .

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
hey atleast he's the type of "Go big or go home" .
It's his trademark actually ... But , logistic aside it take a decade of hard works and leniency just to fill all of those jobs slot ( pilot , crew etc )

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway

Don't forget to talk about human resources. Do we currently have enough pilots, ground crew, etc?

Can be trained, but will be burdensome and not at adequate level. The experience during major expansion in early 60's is the great example on how actually level of readiness of any units is far bellow of 40 percentage

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom