Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,564
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait, what ?
How could you make a monkey version out of a monkey version ? 🤔
Kw premium, atleast they didnt copy flanker families for j20. But i think ccp wont sell j20 for the export market aka exclusive for their air superiority. They made j31 for export

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But is not like it was directed towards another member he just attacking some US company product.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But is not like it was directed towards another member he just attacking some US company product.
Well I could let it slide if it came with something "berbobot" too.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
OOT,

well i just realised that @Umigami is a mod now and somehow @AlphaMike no longer a mod.
is there some back room transfer of power going on here? a silent coup? (lol, just kidding :ROFLMAO:)
Operasi senyap 😱

To get it back on topic: well, we have been surprised several times already for the past month with how our MoD works: Rafale and (hopefully soon) F-15EX, FREMM, his intention to add more Leopard 2, etc etc...

So it just seem to me that 08 has inadvertently become a trendsetter 😲

Last edited:

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, is there any gossip or rumours of the Chinook procurement?
Somehow, I got this tingly feeling that we're going to need heavy lift helicopter capability no latter than Q2 next year for disaster relief operation (hopefully I'm wrong)

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Somehow, I got this tingly feeling that we're going to need heavy lift helicopter capability no latter than Q2 next year for disaster relief operation (hopefully I'm wrong)

You just really can't beat the versatility and utility of heavy lift chopper in such situation ....
The only downside compared to the Valor is range and yet somehow it was very crucial for us down here . Ideally we should procure both . But i won't dream too much about it . As long as something came along that is allready counted for a win in my book .

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
BTW.. talk about conie, where is she now, her statement & concerned is no longer heard..
Already got a slice?
No need to worry guys.

There's big possibility she already attend a luxury dinner with MoD Staff, not to mention she also picked up by Black Luxio car.

What a delightfull dinner isn't it ?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

If I recall correctly Chinook was meant to be use by AU, with those Fighters plan purchase on the move Im not sure there would be anything left for AU rotary heavy lift. AD wants Blackhawk and Osprey. Lets take a look on 2014 news and late 2020 statement

2014 - AD want 17 Black Hawk & 3 Chinook
https://www.liputan6.com/global/rea...lack-hawk-dan-3-chinook-segera-perkuat-tni-ad

2020 November - AD propose Osprey, AW & Black Hawk
https://www.antaranews.com/berita/1862216/tni-ad-usulkan-beli-helikopter-osprey-dan-black-hawk

As we can see Black Hawk keep on surfacing while Chinook gone from AD wishlist. So my speculation is we wont get any Chinook anytime soon but we might get Black hawk and/or Osprey. I heard AD wanted alot of Black Hawk, perhaps he got tired of those Mi17 maintenance which have to be done overseas as well just like her brother Sukhoi 😁
BTW.. talk about conie, where is she now, her statement & concerned is no longer heard..
Couple weeks ago I saw her in TV intervew with one of Komisi I member. If I recall correctly she told that she already met with 08 and share small amount of her conversation with 08 including readyness state and other stuff. I believe the interview topic is about who is going to be the next Panglima and the activation of Wakil Panglima.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If I recall correctly Chinook was meant to be use by AU, with those Fighters plan purchase on the move Im not sure there would be anything left for AU rotary heavy lift.
Which is why I ask this question in Air Force thread. But then again, with all those new fighter procurement, I also doubt there will be enough $ for Air Force Heavy lift. I just hope other agency, particularly BNPB could lease more Chinook, because somehow I've got this weird feeling we're going to need them.

AD wants Blackhawk and Osprey.

As we can see Black Hawk keep on surfacing while Chinook gone from AD wishlist. So my speculation is we wont get any Chinook anytime soon but we might get Black hawk and/or Osprey. I heard AD wanted alot of Black Hawk,
That also what baffle me. I can understand the need for getting rid of our Russian fleet and for Osprey, but why Blackhawk? What's wrong with Caracal?

Top Bottom