Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,400
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Pretty sure the only 2024 presidential candidates who will fight tooth and nail for IKN will be coming from any of PDIP coalition (PS, GP, TR, etc).

Others will probably put it aside as last priority as the money needed is simply crazy.

TNI will follow the direction from the new elected president, whatever it is.

(IF, again IF, the LCS situation is considerably getting worse and the new president decides to reallocate IKN budget towards TNI modernization pretty sure TNI will wholeheartedly support it.)
Every candidate chosen can't run from building IKN, IKN is already written as a UU which mean it's already on Bible (impression, not literally Christian Bible) and must be obeyed.

Whoever want to dump that, they can't just dump that single handedly, legislatives must also agree.

About IKN itself, I think it's like making a new small state which its whole aspects are different from what we knew now. If that already exist, maybe I would see Indonesia and IKN as a different entities, except its defense, foreign policy and others that only Central Government can responsible.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Every candidate chosen can't run from building IKN, IKN is already written as a UU which mean it's already on Bible (impression, not literally Christian Bible) and must be obeyed.

Whoever want to dump that, they can't just dump that single handedly, legislatives must also agree.

It's actually the fact that it's now officially adopted in the form of UU, that the next president and his coalition still have a chance to cancel or delay or modify it.

It's still down to money, and we don't have it. If this financial pre-requisite to build it still not resolved after 2024, the next president won't have a choice than to delay it. He won't release the required PP to execute it if we still got no money.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Just take anything decent lah, those AMX is beyond help. If those T 72 with all of ERA block cant take the hit of NLAW just imagine what Will happened if those AMX 13 get hit

Even ma Deuce with black tipped ammo would result in catasthropic losses

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seems Pindad have very large production capacity lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just take anything decent lah, those AMX is beyond help. If those T 72 with all of ERA block cant take the hit of NLAW just imagine what Will happened if those AMX 13 get hit

Even ma Deuce with black tipped ammo would result in catasthropic losses

Big facepalm!!!
I hate to admit it but that Czech T72 offer is kind of makes sense now (for AMX replacement only!)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Big facepalm!!!
I hate to admit it but that Czech T72 offer is kind of makes sense now (for AMX replacement only!)

There is other menu on the table USTADZ eh got wrong word KIAI, they are more than enough as AMX 13 replacement without altering logistic issue too much

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is other menu on the table USTADZ eh got wrong word KIAI, they are more than enough as AMX 13 replacement without altering logistic issue too much
Huh?
Don't call me that. I'm a secular nato lover.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,556
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I disagree.

Should keep sticking to the original plan of replacing AMX and scorpion with Harimau MT, PINDAD should increase their production rate for Harimau MT.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What's wrong with KIAI, 120 mm smoothies cannon, improved fcs, using MTU 871 ka 501 turbocharged engine, had pneumatic Drive train and so on. They are great for AMX 13 replacement

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I disagree.

Should keep sticking to the original plan of replacing AMX and scorpion with Harimau MT, PINDAD should increase their production rate for Harimau MT.
To instigate pindad to do that, MoD and Army must put huge order of Harimau tank first.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I disagree.

Only Indonesian Army should also increasing the number of cavalry brigade as they need it to be in place (new Capital Defense formation)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It seems Pindad have very large production capacity lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks like positioning our private defense companies to function only as suppliers for the "Lead Integrator" a.k.a defese SOEs is really working fine

/s

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As far as i know, Army would and still ordering Harimau in batches just like their previous plan (18+22+57+... duch i am forgeting the next number) this to replace AMX 13. But, they are in need of MBT for additional cavalry brigade/units so that's why rumor about T72, altay, leopard 2 or even Korean Made tank.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As far as i know, Army would and still ordering Harimau in batches just like their previous plan (18+22+57+... duch i am forgeting the next number) this to replace AMX 13. But, they are in need of MBT for additional cavalry brigade/units so that's why rumor about T72, altay, leopard 2 or even Korean Made tank.
I suppose this is being planned for post-MEF acquisition programs?

If they really want to add more MBT, I really think that if we go by commonality metric, Leopard 2 has the upper hand. Altay/K1A2 may be an excellent alternative too especially if it also means expanding the collaboration between our defense industries and Turkey/South Korea.

Unfortunately, considering how Pindad seems already overburdened by their own stuffs, without a serious expansion in their capacity I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

Really not sure about T-72 though. It may looks good on paper as an immediate solution, but in the long term they may prove to be more of a liability than asset.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last edited:

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what happened to TNI current Leopard 2??
cant they just buy more of it? a better version maybe

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom