Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If each of those launchers is part of their own respective system, then we need something like some companies can offer to integrate them all.

But of course, if those missiles are being deployed as separate stand alone, infantry portable launchers, they can talk to each other over long distance just fine - preferably using secure radio system.

Anyway, while having a lot of different infantry portable missile types - both anti-air and anti-armor ones - makes us look like a showroom as well as causing a lot of problems in TNI's logistical department, somehow I think that we can exploit this to our advantage as well. For example, forming a squad-level team consisting of several four-man teams each equipped with different MANPADS. The same can be done with anti-armor missile launchers too.

PT Len? Scytalys?

In any case, it's good that TNI top brass have long realized the importance of making different systems work together as one. But truth be told, from a security stanpoint, I believe that we have to develop our own system integration capability in-house in order to reduce our dependence to foreign companies to do it for us.

Working for BMS on armor or artillery system and compare it to with one used on air defense system is very different, either in concept, threat assessment, execution of order and so on, but we want to developing our own as this thing is very important and the thing is already in progress

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Working for BMS on armor or artillery system and compare it to with one used on air defense system is very different, either in concept, threat assessment, execution of order and so on, but we want to developing our own as this thing is very important and the thing is already in progress
Oh yeah. For sure.

While we're not the only country on earth that has a 'habit' of acquiring defense systems from both the 'West' and the 'East', there's no better way to integrate all of those to really suit our specific conditions and needs other than developing it ourselves.

Especially regarding this, I believe we already have many qualified personnel to do some technological 'magic' to bring those different systems to work together. At the very least, what was revealed and shown to me from one of our defense companies recently has really gotten me excited.

That's not to say that everything will be smooth sailing from now on, though. As always, our 'classical problems' still remain as a potential stumbling blocks to halt this kind of development as ever: lack of funding and support, convoluted red tapes, competing interests, and so on.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Me doing some "research" what we could "do" with 280 km tactical balistic missile.
Isn't that "much" actually.
Screenshot_20220416-165701_Chrome.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh yeah. For sure.

While we're not the only country on earth that has a 'habit' of acquiring defense systems from both the 'West' and the 'East', there's no better way to integrate all of those to really suit our specific conditions and needs other than developing it ourselves.

Especially regarding this, I believe we already have many qualified personnel to do some technological 'magic' to bring those different systems to work together. At the very least, what was revealed and shown to me from one of our defense companies recently has really gotten me excited.

That's not to say that everything will be smooth sailing from now on, though. As always, our 'classical problems' still remain as a potential stumbling blocks to halt this kind of development as ever: lack of funding and support, convoluted red tapes, competing interests, and so on.

Learn by doing, and corrected the mistake. We still had the priviledge for doing so

Me doing some "research" what we could "do" with 280 km tactical balistic missile.
Isn't that "much" actually.
View attachment 42647

I am already give concern here by asking the doctrine, deployment and how to use it considering our geography challenge as largest archipelago country in the world

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Every miles of long journey were started by a measly step ... Yet , it was the hardest effort to be ...

Nuff said

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yup, deploy it on Sumatra/Borneo for optimum ketar ketir (deterrence) effect
Unfortunately right now they are not the one who need to be deterred.

But borneo is a good choice though. To deterre IKN invader.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Unfortunately right now they are not the one who need to be deterred.

But borneo is a good choice though. To deterre IKN invader.
The thing is its start to make sense if they put Reversed engineer AShM on 8x8 platform with 2x2 config rather than V-SRBM with less than a ton of explosive . Wkwk

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The thing is its start to make sense if they put Reversed engineer AShM on 8x8 platform with 2x2 config rather than V-SRBM with less than a ton of explosive . Wkwk
Ask Navy or Marine for something like that

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Then I think it's make sense to give Khan to Army and land based AShM to Marine/Navy.

Biar gak ada yg merasa ranahnya diambil.

Even for land based SAM i don't have clue who must obliged to operate it. The Army or Air Force ?

Back then i still see "rebutan" P-8 wich Air Force insisted to operate it. 😂

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Has it been resolved now?

Neither deal for Wedgetail or Poseidon been materialized, then its still looping around the corner.

Just wait till 2024, when tanker, early warning, and patrol aircraft must be fufilled according "TO THE PLAN"

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even for land based SAM i don't have clue who must obliged to operate it. The Army or Air Force ?

Back then i still see "rebutan" P-8 wich Air Force insisted to operate it. 😂
Divide it by altitude (?)

Low/point defense: all services
Medium/area defense: AU AL (and maybe AD especially for mobile SAM?)
High Altitude/theater defense: AU AL

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
280km range is not bad for a start, if the finished product's performance is satisfactory(good accuracy) that will give us some deterrence effect, and we should produce it in significant number (don't let it end up in "1001 prototype" museum), later we can make the bigger version and increase the range.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Let's take it step by step. How's the Rhan 122 mm MLRS project going? Lol

Fun fact: Rhan 122 mm project started in 2007
The MLRS is a meh.
I am not sure if the rocket already entered production stage or they are still improving it, and not sure about the quality.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
280km range is not bad for a start, if the finished product's performance is satisfactory(good accuracy) that will give us some deterrence effect, and we should produce it in significant number (don't let it end up in "1001 prototype" museum), later we can make the bigger version and increase the range.
I just wish that we can develop it further to become something akin to "mini DF-21" to become a dual purpose SSM: conventional and anti-ship tactical ballistic missile.

But for that to happen, the missile needs to be able to achieve pinpoint accuracy especially when it'll be used against moving and maneuvering ships at sea.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I just wish that we can develop it further to become something akin to "mini DF-21" to become a dual purpose SSM: conventional and anti-ship tactical ballistic missile.

But for that to happen, the missile needs to be able to achieve pinpoint accuracy especially when it'll be used against moving and maneuvering ships at sea.
Well maybe with little tweak and then shoot the missile to the general area, then using radar to lock ship in there and/or with two way datalink comm for visual confirmation/targeting.
If it able to lock at the target then even if the ship is moving it still can be hit.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom