Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,394
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Pending a cheaper version of Harimau MWT, I prefer more Badak FSV. The order for the earlier 50 Badak IIRC is reduced to only 14 because the funds are diverted to buy Harimau.

There's also a need for an auto-cannon-equipped version of the Badak, preferably with a 20mm (20x139mm) gun installed to streamline the caliber with Marder.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,093
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There's also a need for an auto-cannon-equipped version of the Badak, preferably with a 20mm (20x139mm) gun installed to streamline the caliber with Marder.
ask Turkiye to Joint build turret

Aselsan_Korhan_139071285f964b0.jpg

PARS_Alpha_8x8_11216.jpg

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,093
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I prefer local companies like RESPATI to be tasked to develop 20mm automatic turret. Buat nambah TKDN

Transp-2-1067x800.png
this RCWS already use in Anoa, we need bigger caliber for badak.

57mm caliber need 'kubah' to develope

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,394
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
this RCWS already use in Anoa, we need bigger caliber for badak.

Yes, that's what I say. Respati develop some kind of turret module with 20mm guns attached (preferably 20x139) with the necessary development of fire control and servo.

I want something that is smaller than the Denel RCT-20, (preferably unmanned turret) and more aesthetically pleasing

IMG_2140.JPG

57mm caliber need 'kubah' to develope

For full ' turret ', we need the optics, servo, control system and companies with 'Karoseri' background to shape the turret.

The armor steel will still have to be imported though.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,093
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yes, that's what I say. Respati develop some kind of turret module with 20mm guns attached (preferably 20x139) with the necessary development of fire control and servo.

I want something that is smaller than the Denel RCT-20, (preferably unmanned turret) and more aesthetically pleasing

IMG_2140.JPG
why dont ask denel to develope with respati in Indonesia, we get TKDN that MoD ask for
For full ' turret ', we need the optics, servo, control system and companies with 'Karoseri' background to shape the turret.

The armor steel will still have to be imported though.

that the reason, ask Turkiye to joint develope the turret, hope krakatau steel can upgrade the armor steel in the future

Skyranger 30 Rheinmetall.png

actualy i like sky ranger turret , looks the same like korhan turret, but west country to many sanction n expensive.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,394
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
why dont ask denel to develope with respati in Indonesia, we get TKDN that MoD ask for

It could be Denel or anyone who comes with the better ToT

that the reason, ask Turkiye to joint develope the turret, hope krakatau steel can upgrade the armor steel in the future
actualy i like sky ranger turret , looks the same like korhan turret, but west country to many sanction n expensive.

Badak FSV should be cheap and the ammunition to be plenty, think about it as our fire support 'Anoa' (which it is derived from), able to be procured in the hundreds and it doesn't break your wallet. For something like a Sky Ranger turret, it's more fitting in a proper 8x8. We already have an 8x8 (Pandur II) and we chose the UT30 MK2 turret, I don't think we should add another type of turret.

So an auto-cannon version of Badak, In my opinion, should use a more affordable turret than the Pandur and if possible use the same 20x139mm ammo which has found plenty of use like the one used in the Marder Auto-cannon (Rh202), the Army's air defense (Rh202 twin gun) and single ship based RH202 found in FPB-57, Fatahillah and Mandau class, the previous Badak autocannon displayed with RCT-20 also fires the 20x139mm because it uses the same Denel GI-2 autocannon (firing 20x139mm), the same autocannon used in the Diponegoro and some PC-40, so ammo should be plenty.

RH202

p5291017.jpg

Marder1A3_BMK.jpg

Gi-2

DENEL_GI-2.jpg

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,093
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
23 FEBRUARY 2024

Singapore Airshow 2024: Indonesia signs for three more CN235-220 transport aircraft​

by Ridzwan Rahmat

State-owned aerospace company PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) has received a contract for three more CN235-220 aircraft from the country's Ministry of Defence (MoD).

The USD85 million contract was inked on 30 November 2023 and the aircraft will be delivered to the Indonesian Army's Aviation Centre in the troop transport configuration, said a representative from PTDI who spoke to Janes at Singapore Airshow 2024.

In the configuration ordered, the aircraft will be able to accommodate 49 fully equipped soldiers or up to 34 paratroopers for airborne insertion operations.

When not needed for paratrooper operations, the lateral seats in the aircraft's cabin can be raised to accommodate cargo transportation requirements or be quickly refitted for up to 18 stretchers for medical evacuation and disaster relief missions, said PTDI.

The CN235-220 has a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 16,500 kg and can carry payloads of up to 5,200 kg. With the maximum payload, the aircraft has a range of about 414 n miles.

Powered by two General Electric CT7-9C engines driving two four-bladed Hamilton Standard HS 14 RF-21 propellers, it can reach a maximum speed of 237 kt with an economical cruise speed of 169 kt, according to further details provided by PTDI.

The first airframe under this contract is scheduled to be delivered in 2026.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Singapore Airshow 2024: PT Dirgantara secures first military order for N219​

22 FEBRUARY 2024
by Ridzwan Rahmat

State-owned aerospace company PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI) has secured its first-ever contract for the N219 twin-turboprop aircraft with a military customer.

A company representative who spoke to Janes at Singapore Airshow 2024 has confirmed that a USD68 million contract for six airframes was signed with the Indonesian Ministry of Defence (MoD) in November 2023. All six units will be delivered to the Indonesian Army.

PTDI's N219 aircraft derives its design from the Airbus Military C212 Aviocar and it was first conceived in 2007 as a multimission, short take-off and landing platform that can operate from austere runways, such as those found in the remote provinces of Indonesia.

A prototype of the aircraft was completed in 2015 and it was partly funded with grants from Indonesia's Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises. The maiden flight was achieved in 2017.

The N219 has an overall length of 16.7 m, a height of 6.2 m, and a wingspan of 19.5 m. It has a maximum take-off weight of 7,030 kg (15,498 lb) and it can deliver a maximum payload of 2,313 kg (5,099 lb).

Top Bottom