Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And also longer. With a little addition, it can be modified to 8 x 8. Anoa 4 perhaps?

If this is amphibious and V-Hull then just adding protection is complete enough for the APC class.

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
All i heard is if Pindad would release a new 8x8 series ( whatever that would be named is ) would be based on Pandur 2 chasis as a baseline DNA . Sure some Boxer type of variant should be in the planned pipeline as future requirement....but we are talking hypothetical things from this point on .
Speaking of 8x8, has the Army ever actually done studies/assessments on operating 8x8 APC/IFV in our operating environment? I know the Aussies weren't too happy with their LAV-25 during East Timor, size and poor turning radius were some of the cited problems, that they had to ship it back and replace it with M113 instead.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Speaking of 8x8, has the Army ever actually done studies/assessments on operating 8x8 APC/IFV in our operating environment? I know the Aussies weren't too happy with their LAV-25 during East Timor, size and poor turning radius were some of the cited problems, that they had to ship it back and replace it with M113 instead.
Remember the BTR 82 for the UN peackeeping operation ?? All of those outgoing foreign tour was part and parcel of prooving ground of concept and ideas within the sheltered of UN umbrellas ( not to mention $$ as a bonus for the eager and motivated member too ) . Why do you think we haven't make a big package buying as yet ?? While keeping a continous anoa production as preservation of know how and industries even the top brass still find a hard justification or reasoning to keep a large number of 8x8 fleet while the anoas still can keep up with the normal day to day field requirement . It's a hard choice to find something that could keep up with the harsh terrain of our nation and to be honest i've heard they were more preferred on a tracked one . Too bad those Indo#####s M113 make things more convoluted and messy as a poor examples for a pilot project . Make no mistake M113 were great for an arid amd dry environment like in the small sunda islands but in the harsh peatland and swamps of kalimantan and sumatras ?? You tell me ...
The irony is while the marines are finally find something they are comforting with and eager for more of their new BMP3 and the govt finaly get the budget available too we get stuck with CATSAA in our door step .

kooppyyy

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Remember the BTR 82 for the UN peackeeping operation ?? All of those outgoing foreign tour was part and parcel of prooving ground of concept and ideas within the sheltered of UN umbrellas ( not to mention $$ as a bonus for the eager and motivated member too ) . Why do you think we haven't make a big package buying as yet ?? While keeping a continous anoa production as preservation of know how and industries even the top brass still find a hard justification or reasoning to keep a large number of 8x8 fleet while the anoas still can keep up with the normal day to day field requirement . It's a hard choice to find something that could keep up with the harsh terrain of our nation and to be honest i've heard they were more preferred on a tracked one . Too bad those Indo#####s M113 make things more convoluted and messy as a poor examples for a pilot project . Make no mistake M113 were great for an arid amd dry environment like in the small sunda islands but in the harsh peatland and swamps of kalimantan and sumatras ?? You tell me ...
The irony is while the marines are finally find something they are comforting with and eager for more of their new BMP3 and the govt finaly get the budget available too we get stuck with CATSAA in our door step .
Well, both have their advantages and disadvantages, I feel for our QRF like KOSTRAD, medium weight wheeled 8x8 platform with relatively smaller dimension like the Pandur is sensible. I'll leave the heavier track platform for regional KODAM units, replacing their old VCI. Anoa can be the APC of "sejuta umat" within our ranks. But poor marines boys and their unwanted 8x8 from BTR-82 to those Ukraine ones. Yeah, it's a shame with the BMP-3, the government always seems so slow to progress with that program. I remember in the original batch there was initially batch for 79 units, but due to red-tape that slowed down the progress, by the time the contract was signed the budget was only enough for 54 units. Meanwhile, we also need those amphibs grunts haulers like the 152 or the AAV; something armored that can deploy the marines offshore in large volume

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
CMIIW here, but isn't fighting while mounted in these tin cans is an outdated thing now, with all of the advances in light-AT weapons?
Chinese still use it. Well, their police unit actually but that's mean they still produce it and can equipped their forces with it too. Why not?

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Our new anoa 3 similiar like Patria 6x6 isn't?? Or maybe anoa 3 inspired from Patria 6x6??

Screenshot_20210120_212621.jpg

Yup, especially with the Patria version which is equipped with "kaca nako"

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

M113 is doing great in swampy areas of Vietnam Mekong delta they are opponent of PT 76 in term of mobility during the Nam war.

Btw i don't think Kalimantan would be another near front for us, regarding Malaysia current capability. We are much concerned about South China Sea and securing ALKI including creating another composite Battalion like what the Army had in Natuna. So if they are currently keep ordering more Komodo and Anoa is fine enough in my opinion for current threat. Instead the Army is hard Pressed to increasing their Air mobility capability, by fixed wing aircraft and Helicopters assets. That's more important to drop logistic in any given area and doing aerial fire support for ground units. Right now they must readied at least 4 to 8 units Helicopter at any given time in Papua, thus with many disaster and search efforts, supporting training needs, along with logistic (dorlog) issue along TNI Border post located along postal roads in Indonesia Malaysia Border, occasional duty in Natuna and so on, the Army right now given utmost priority toward such assets and unfortunately heavy armor vehicles is not that much on the list...6X6 and 4X4 would do for now. Some 8X8 too but not at great number

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Love the yell yell, quite tribal, savage but satisfied. On a notice, most of the soldiers who wear their rifles already being equipped with optical sight

Last edited:

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Love the yell yell, quite tribal, savage but satisfied. On a notice, most of the soldiers who wear their rifles already being equipped with optical sight

If we couldn't afford to properly equipped our elite soldier with enough gears after 75 years of independence and much of economic progress .... Then i don't know what to say . Better just surrender to foreign power then living as a failures

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,172
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Some snippet on how a proper equipment could make a difference between life and death in the face of harsh terrain and environment .
Imagine if they were moving with a RCWS'd komodo's 4x4 and NVGs .
That dangerous situation could turn into a perfect culling ground .
That is why as lacklustred and underperformed as it is we could only moving forward try to develop our own defence industries to suit our own needs and reqs . While slowly and painfully trying to sweep clean some pest and leeches inside . Cause liked or not ... Papua today were a perfect micro pacticing lab for honing our soldier capability and military industrial prowess for the upcoming challenges .

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom