Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
it could be they're just trying a new drivetrain / chassis ? i hope they're not stopping in VAB / WZ 551 frontal section design , and rather use sloped front with periscope for driver sight and not windshield .

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because that's GLASS??

And, it's not sloped.
Imo its more comfortable to drive with conventional windshield rather than periscope, if you want more protection you can just add steel plate when needed, and when its not needed and during peace time you just remove it and its more convenient.

images

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anoa 3 bigger and taller. 4, 5, lama2 jadi KAMAZ 😁

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Imo its more comfortable to drive with conventional windshield rather than periscope, if you want more protection you can just add steel plate when needed, and when its not needed and during peace time you just remove it and its more convenient.

images

Mostly will be used for parade and exercise, but if they are to be deployed in a conflict zone just put the extra protection plate like our anoa on UN mission.
Yeah sometime is used to guard some event, against terorist, and protest, bulletproof windshield would be enough, unless you are facing enemy with high powered sniper rifle or machine gun.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mostly will be used for parade and exercise, but if they are to be deployed in a conflict zone just put the extra protection plate like our anoa on UN mission.
Yeah sometime is used to guard some event, against terorist, and protest, bulletproof windshield would be enough, unless you are facing enemy with high powered sniper rifle or machine gun.
usually modern APC have capability to switch from periscope sight to windshield that extends itself when opening the driver hatch .
1611026619383.png

1611026696808.png
1611026837945.png

GraveDigger388

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

images
Still not better than sloped front with periscope, which provide lower profile and angle.

As for peacetime purposes, I don't think it was ever an APC's main job to begin with.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,898
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

images
But Still. Steel slabs and bullet proof glass have limited protection.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,650
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still not better than sloped front with periscope, which provide lower profile and angle.

As for peacetime purposes, I don't think it was ever an APC's main job to begin with.
Well yes slopped front have better protection because the projectile need to penetrate thicker armor and make the bullet easier to bounce.

Conventional windshield have better field of view, and the driver don't need to keep his head on the periscope, the driver can rest his back on the seat or lean to front or side whatever it is more comfortable, or supir angkot style.

Lower profile? Its not like the vehicle become shorter.

usually modern APC have capability to switch from periscope sight to windshield that extends itself when opening the driver hatch .
This one have good field of view when the mini windshield is used.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Private & confidential (bottom left).
In that case i will delete my post. Actually this pic have been circulating in the internet and was posted in defense.pk also.

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 633
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
and if anoa 3 has officially revealed, will it undergone mass production immidiately, or still have to pass a long lasting testing phase?

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
di
Could anybody please upload the front picture of this vehicle, I am curious with the head lamp, is it still use frog eye like previous Anoa or apply the Harimau headlamp?

on web bpd.telkomuniversity.ac.id
there is an appearance from the front when the anoa is assembled.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
man why couldn't they just make the biawak

this mfing apc is mfing UGLY
Yes, I wanted like that too but we should see the budget again. Also, developing an already existing APC is far cheaper than making a new, untested one.

Need to remind you the name is still Anoa 3, not Biawak. So logically they would use the old hull plan not boxy or 8x8 like the reader here initially thought.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,177
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And also longer. With a little addition, it can be modified to 8 x 8. Anoa 4 perhaps?

All i heard is if Pindad would release a new 8x8 series ( whatever that would be named is ) would be based on Pandur 2 chasis as a baseline DNA . Sure some Boxer type of variant should be in the planned pipeline as future requirement....but we are talking hypothetical things from this point on .

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom