Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,383
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
antisipasi-aksi-teroris-975-personel-pengamanan-lebaran-di-surakarta-dibekali-senpi.jpeg

Kopassus 2nd Group with HK 416.

Source:

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,383
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is hype again now, I started to dig what are the stuffs used by the both sides. I started to know that Hamas and PIJ also has F2000 smuggled out of Libya to Gaza is the example. I don't wanna share about it in the thread that specifically dedicated for that matter because you know lah.

What I find interesting in this video is that "Mek Porek" thingy. @trishna_amrta I think you know a lot about gun, may have some words. And also, i think they used CAR-15 lower there instead of M-4 based on different of color, the lower receiver is like older than the upper. If true, not weird at all, they can get full auto capability on CAR-15 lower.

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Because Israeli-Palestinian Conflict is hype again now, I started to dig what are the stuffs used by the both sides. I started to know that Hamas and PIJ also has F2000 smuggled out of Libya to Gaza is the example. I don't wanna share about it in the thread that specifically dedicated for that matter because you know lah.

What I find interesting in this video is that "Mek Porek" thingy. @trishna_amrta I think you know a lot about gun, may have some words. And also, i think they used CAR-15 lower there instead of M-4 based on different of color, the lower receiver is like older than the upper. If true, not weird at all, they can get full auto capability on CAR-15 lower.
My advice, discuss thing in specific thread. Because more people will miss interpret what you are trying to discuss and gonna make this thread out of it contexts.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

you should ask this topic on external affairs sub-forum.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,383
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My advice, discuss thing in specific thread. Because more people will miss interpret what you are trying to discuss and gonna make this thread out of it contexts.
you should ask this topic on external affairs sub-forum.

I don't know where to put it. Israel-Palestinian thread is too much personal political sentiments (especially antisemitism) there, I don't think anyone care about weapons or something technical anymore. Because I'm talking about small arms, so I think here will welcome. Just gonna talking about guns.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The burden of blame will be upon those whose misinterpret. Their lack of reading comprehension or any unluckiness in life shouldn't become someone else burden.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Took me a while to rewatching the video several times, particularly with that "Mek Porek" thingy

Anyway I might as well highlighting other aspect too.

• Headgear system. I really love how they put the battery pack behind the helmet and connecting it to their NVG. The placement made the battery pack to act as counterweight of the front heavy NVG. Although the weight of the battery pack is not much compare to the NVG, but the presence of any counterweight there is definitely appreciable during combat patrol. Moreover, it did give me an idea for my own use (why the heck I've never though about that kind of simple solution)
  • Weapon accessories. The IDF need to operate in diverse environment, from open terrain to CQB in a moment of notice. This I believe why they use both optic + laser at the same time (which is added weight)
  • Mek Porek. It's an indigenous solution. From what I can tell, they have a problem with accidental discharge. And from how their doctrine of slinging the weapon up front & pointing downward most of the time rather than sling it at the back pointing upward like we do here, accidental discharge is certainly a real issue, albeit its more due to how the weapon is pointing rather than any technicality of the weapon itself (although I personally would prefer different weapon platform with piston than direct impingement)
  • Overall, the IDF operate in hot & dry environment (desert climate). This factor alone seem to dictate the way they choose their equipment and also how they use it. Obviously for those of us in tropical climate to use their style of equipment or operational doctrine will be a serious blundered. Although we could learn one or few trick from them.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't think anyone care about weapons or something technical anymore. Because I'm talking about small arms, so I think here will welcome. Just gonna talking about guns.
This whole place is more a place for sales rep who's unlikely care about whether the end user will be able to coming back alive or in one piece. Furthermore, you should know that some 🇮🇩 members here are either sympathizer or affiliated to some forbidden organizations.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,383
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Headgear system. I really love how they put the battery pack behind the helmet and connecting it to their NVG. The placement made the battery pack to act as counterweight of the front heavy NVG. Although the weight of the battery pack is not much compare to the NVG, but the presence of any counterweight there is definitely appreciable during combat patrol. Moreover, it did give me an idea for my own use (why the heck I've never though about that kind of simple solution)
Ya, all of the people have to know about that field things called "counterweight". And i also learn some local Israeli term like "ADI", I don't know actually is that local term or not, but that video was my first time I heard term "ADI".

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom