Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Solid stock SS1 variant or FN FNC?

SS 1 V3 Pindad. FN FNC handguard is have horizontal serrations. All SS1 version using vertical serration to differentiate it with FN FNC
First batch/early production SS1 (probably some early SS1-V3 too) still uses FNC horizontal handguard before switching to the vertical ones.

The one on the video were the SS1-V3 due to it's polymer stock, vertical serration handguard and the absent of gas cut-off for rifle grenades as they are removed on SS1 series production. SS1-V3 were produce in limited number early on, mostly went to training/non frontline troops and also for Paspampres honor guards with special chrome-plating applied.

FN FNC only available with FN skeleton stock, they also got the gas cut-off flap for rifle grenade.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm sure Penerangan AD will upload it.

Meikarta again, same as Police few months ago. We have to admit, we don't have urban warfare training facility.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
antarafoto-latihan-ust-kodam-jaya-di-cikarang-180521-fm-6.jpg
antarafoto-latihan-ust-kodam-jaya-di-cikarang-180521-fm-4.jpg

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That guy in a top of vehicle, will be a fluffy target for rifleman, also what a nice black gear in tropic country 👍

Recently i am just noted that CT CV 3015 turret didnt have commander 360 periscope cupola, isit mean he will have less vision or will purely depend on Optonic system ?

I didnt know much about automobile, especially automatic transmission, but how good automatic transmission installed on military heavy duty vehicle such as tank, truck, and scout car?

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 610
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
uuu... Perhaps the top brass start to eye Iron Dome :v (lol)

or perhaps make S 60 as C-RAM.
Is there any other system alike Iron Dome?
or we are only eyeing its as only Short Range Missile system, maybe IRIS-T MEADS or MBDA Mica or more NASAMS??

And i dont think there is a chance for any "kefir" made missile system procurement nowadays since the conflict escalation

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Except if we want to make a new Operation Alpha like scandal. Third party Pinoy companies could help?
For me, i didnt much care from what country the system is.

As long as the user capable to keep secrecy of sensitive "alutsista", everyone already know how bad the secrecy system of TNI also the leakers have much eye and ear today.

A battery of Iron dome is cost about 50 to 60 US$, wich price per missile is beyond US$ 30,000.
Am sure thats not wise option to deploy this stuff beyond Capital and Vital Infrastructure.

Is there any other system alike Iron Dome?
or we are only eyeing its as only Short Range Missile system, maybe IRIS-T MEADS or MBDA Mica or more NASAMS??
If you reffering to its role (C-RAM) perhaps there one or two counterparts that user Ship CIWS as the base, such as US made C RAM, rheinmetall MANTIS, norinco RD 2000.

Else, there's no such system that use missile currently in C-RAM configurations like Iron Dome

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The only Kodam which is the main combatant units within solely comprised of Mechanized units

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Recently i am just noted that CT CV 3015 turret didnt have commander 360 periscope cupola, isit mean he will have less vision or will purely depend on Optonic system ?
kaplan2_1536221897.jpg

kaplan-mt-medium-tank-shows-at-pt-pindad-in-bandung-indonesia-on-4-picture-id1205046632

Using the 360 camera only I guess

hq720.jpg

The Turkish prototype using different turret
18451490_1021629001301938_8087898955448774615_o.jpg

I wonder what's the mast-like thing near the back of the turret
CollageMaker_20190501_204833378.jpg

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The only Kodam which is the main combatant units within solely comprised of Mechanized units

anyone know what kind of vest is that ? the black one that doesn't have any plate carrier , i think i also see those vest are very common sight in yonarmed personnel .
1621501707957.png

it kind off reminds me with ww2 assault vest

BBOn

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the black one that doesn't have any plate carrier , i think i also see those vest are very common sight in yonarmed personnel .
They take it out because too bulky, too heavy, too hot with it, too restrict their movements.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I didnt know much about automobile, especially automatic transmission, but how good automatic transmission installed on military heavy duty vehicle such as tank, truck, and scout car?
There is a real need for automatic transmission in military application. And even present days commercial automatic transmission is pretty good for dashing cross-country. Unlike sport / adventurer purpose, the only "off-roading" that military application typically need is cross-country rather than mud plowing or rock crawling.

If there is a need for off-road capable for military application (which is very limited) you can always rely upon Unimog (y)

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1621532966592.png

Why won't AD consider the Skyshield?

Is commonality between the branches not important anymore or what?

The dream of a more standardized and logistically efficient TNI shrinks by the minute thanks to choices like these.

Dear me....

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Joint Exercise Team MTT SFAB US Army and Mechanized Infantry Battalion 411 Kostrad TNI AD
E100J3yVcAAKASB.jpeg
E100J3oVgAQB1UJ.jpeg
E100J3rVoAIf-Bv.jpeg
E100J3uVgAI6APZ.jpeg

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom