Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Captain Wales

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, what i can say ?
This tank build not inteded to do longtime fighting. And still hold te role of AMX 13 both doctrine and function.

Anyhow, did you can confirm if this tank could fire 105 mm ammo build for Royal Ordnance L7 and its derivatives ?
It just say it can fire nato standard munition

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, what i can say ?
This tank build not inteded to do longtime fighting. And still hold te role of AMX 13 both doctrine and function.

Anyhow, did you can confirm if this tank could fire 105 mm ammo build for Royal Ordnance L7 and its derivatives ?

Both use 105 mm NATO standard ammunition, this differ from 105 mm French gun used on our AMX 13

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
CMIIW here

the cockerill 105mm gun from what i see and found on the web, when the round in the turret are empty they must reload from the outside.
View attachment 21507
from pindad and cockerill website that it can store about 12 round on the turret and 26 round on the hull.
It's possible, They do it from outside because the rounds are outside too (they carry the from a truck)

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
i think any tank, light or MBT, will have to reload from outside the vehicle if the ammo stored within the vehicle have been expended. Main difference would be how many ammo can be carried within and that I believe relates to the overall dimension of the vehicle itself

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i think any tank, light or MBT, will have to reload from outside the vehicle if the ammo stored within the vehicle have been expended. Main difference would be how many ammo can be carried within and that I believe relates to the overall dimension of the vehicle itself
Yes and no.
What we talking here is about total ammount of ammo, and how many Ammo ready-to-use is available, since its autoloader we discuaa how to reload the autoloader mechanism.

And no, vehicle dimension and ammo dimension do but still can be augmented, if you look From Pz 4G with longer gun and ammo could carry much more ammo than Pz 4D with shorter gun an ammo.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
Yes and no.
What we talking here is about total ammount of ammo, and how many Ammo ready-to-use is available, since its autoloader we discuaa how to reload the autoloader mechanism.

And no, vehicle dimension and ammo dimension do but still can be augmented, if you look From Pz 4G with longer gun and ammo could carry much more ammo than Pz 4D with shorter gun an ammo.
well there's so much you can do anyway before you ran out of ammunition and have to resupply.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Experienced Loader and auto loader will empty ready-to-use ammo under 5 minutes in ibtense firing conditions.

Lucky, if you use Autoloader there's little to none chance to retrieve the already chambered munition.
well there's so much you can do anyway before you ran out of ammunition and have to resupply.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom