Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't know, depend on budget and negotiation. They want to build Cavalry brigade (Heavy) for Kodam Jaya Sakti, built third Cavalry brigade equipped with MBT for Kostrad Third Infantry Division and maybe to completed Kostrad Cakra Brigade at the same time if budget permitted.

There is order for Harimau Hitam and Pandur my best bet they would be allocated for Kodam jaya.
Don't forget about Anoa, Anoa have place within our cavalry.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Harimau equipped with 30mm turret from Cockerill should be enough to create the tracked IFV needed for the purpose
A nerfed version of Medium Tank, and unable to carry extra personnel like marder or puma.

But Pindad plan to make IFV/APC variant I think, maybe they will change the engine position.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,019
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Interesting notes, Army seems eager to use bigger caliber weapon system for their new purchase. Literally they replaced Mountain gun 76 mm from Kostrad units with CAESAR system. Replaced 105 mm AMX Howitzer with M109 BE from Kodam units, and so on. They even halt the purchase of Nexter LG I and instead opt for more bigger caliber gun when the budget permitted.

223980052_3855969441178037_5499292067796049485_n.jpg
220197376_3855969551178026_8975480236392579836_n.jpg
222664535_3855969527844695_4490452061709677405_n.jpg

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
A nerfed version of Medium Tank, and unable to carry extra personnel like marder or puma.

But Pindad plan to make IFV/APC variant I think, maybe they will change the engine position.

wasn't Harimau have some space for 2-4 person in its back, a more compact turret or maybe a heavy RWS like those fitted in Puma may provide and increase space for infantry carrying purposes

Interesting notes, Army seems eager to use bigger caliber weapon system for their new purchase. Literally they replaced Mountain gun 76 mm from Kostrad units with CAESAR system. Replaced 105 mm AMX Howitzer with M109 BE from Kodam units, and so on. They even halt the purchase of Nexter LG I and instead opt for more bigger caliber gun when the budget permitted.

I remember during the first year of M109 BE introduction and training there were a lot of confusion in operating the system since most of the unit wasn't familiar with the all-english semi-automated system, hopefully this also comes with the training and basic english prep

I kind of like the Nexter LG-1, why does the Army previously chose KH-178 instead of those

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,148
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 26830 View attachment 26831 View attachment 26832

It's a bloody god damn time for starting it . Outgunned and outperformance were never a pleasant experiences to have with . If the training time alone have allready tell the differences all more the reason for the pussen to upgunning all of their inventory that's matter for the future ...
I kind of like the Nexter LG-1, why does the Army previously chose KH-178 instead of those
Kickback !! That is why .....

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 26830 View attachment 26831 View attachment 26832
As much the move toward bigger calibre is a welcoming move, there is still a need for adding quantity and mobility. A key advantage of having lightweight 105mm is they can be sling loaded by helicopter, which will significantly improve mobility over jungle terrain.

Last edited:

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As much the move toward bigger calibre is a welcoming move, there is still a need for adding quantity and mobility. A key advantage of having lightweight 105mm is they can be sideloaded by helicopter, which will significantly improve mobility over jungle terrain.
Well MoD should ask for M777 instead tho.

Otherwise ask for free M2, trully that oldschool stuff still serve well here. Although M2 RoF didnt go anywhere near Semi-auto LG 1 Mk 3

Also, this kind of weaponery will result in " proyek padat karya " for the unemployed AF personel.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well MoD should ask for M777 instead tho.

Otherwise ask for free M2, trully that oldschool stuff still serve well here. Although M2 RoF didnt go anywhere near Semi-auto LG 1 Mk 3

Also, this kind of weaponery will result in " proyek padat karya " for the unemployed AF personel.
i like the "padat karya" reference lmao , but seriously , our army still not try to bat an eye on 120mm mortar solution ? some of the nowadays 120mm mortar munition can match that 105mm howitzer range.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i like the "padat karya" reference lmao , but seriously , our army still not try to bat an eye on 120mm mortar solution ? some of the nowadays 120mm mortar munition can match that 105mm howitzer range.
Too heavy and unwieldy to be carried around by infantry. We are fighting in the jungle and mountainous jungle. Every gram of weight reduction matter a lot.

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am glad if they can get Puma or the likes like Ascod
Rheinmetall also has Lance turret system, here's picture that I took during Abu Dhabi's IDEX 2011. It's quite precision that a coin size target can be neutralized from a distance. Effective for both aerial protection (minus missile) and land target in urban warfare to accompany such cavalry brigade. I believe could fits on Marder platform.
Another lighter option from Rheinmetall are Field Ranger family series, which could possibly implanted onto Marder platform as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 60

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As much the move toward bigger calibre is a welcoming move, there is still a need for adding quantity and mobility. A key advantage of having lightweight 105mm is they can be sling loaded by helicopter, which will significantly improve mobility over jungle terrain.
Indian Army still using a lot of these 105mm for their highland theater, especially across the LOC bordering with Pakistan and China, despite of the large caliber canons still the become the backbone of their LOC defense system.
Do remember that our country has tremendous mountain range which could be our stronghold in case of massive enemy invasion. Such weapons system are needed for high mobility for any troops movement or maneuvers.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,375
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will US bring blackhawk and apache like in the past?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom