Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
as for israeli stuff, i seek their SPIKE-SR which based on my research, probably the lightest weight shoulder fired ATGM with fire and forget + top attack capability at only 10kg weight (launcher and missile included), currently there's no other option like that in the market CMIIW.

*correction there's MBDA Enforcer but i don't know if they had top attack capability or not.

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
as for israeli stuff, i seek their SPIKE-SR which based on my research, probably the lightest weight shoulder fired ATGM with fire and forget + top attack capability at only 10kg weight (launcher and missile included), currently there's no other option like that in the market CMIIW.

*correction there's MBDA Enforcer but i don't know if they had top attack capability or not.
For short range I'll choose NLAW anytime of the day, what urgent is we need to arm our army with cheap missile/rocket system like RPG 7 or Carl gustav, i wonder why don't pindad license built carl Gustav

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
those French MMPs look a lot more compact and lighter compared to Javies

considering our relationship with French nowadays, why not have them brought it here to be tested, see if it's comparable or maybe better than Javies and/or Raybolt

as for Israeli Spike, i think all Matra can use every Spike types depending on their needs (AD : SR + MR) (AL : ER II + NLOS) (AU : LR II + ER II) since its range and types are very wide compared to other manufacturers

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
It appears as though Javelin and NLAW tandem has been effective in the recent conflict, I think we made a good choice having both as our main infantry ATGMs. We can expect wowo to observe their use and then decide to invest that money for more ATGMs . Looking at how we have the exact same loadout as Ukraine, coincidence? or did we use the same military advisor?

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,389
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or develop and mass produce our own

We've reached 600m for range. If after watching this Russian invasion and the higher ups didn't invest more money for development and mass production, then that's that.
This Dahana SLT is not an ATGM. ATGM requires seeker etc. if just about this SLT thing, IS group can even made their own once they were in Mosul.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This Dahana SLT is not an ATGM. ATGM requires seeker etc. if just about this SLT thing, IS group can even made their own once they were in Mosul.
Yeah, and so is Panzerfaust 3 that Germany is sending to Ukraine.

If we learn anything from the currently ongoing war over there, is that by having the ability to mass produce infantry-portable anti tank rocket launcher by our own is still better than keep buying things that we can actually make our own from abroad. Or to put it in different way, ATGMs will be allocated for better trained and seasoned soldiers while those in Komcad, for example, will be getting those rocket launchers when the need arise.

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yeah, and so is Panzerfaust 3 that Germany is sending to Ukraine.

If we learn anything from the currently ongoing war over there, is that by having the ability to mass produce infantry-portable anti tank rocket launcher by our own is still better than keep buying things that we can actually make our own from abroad. Or to put it in different way, ATGMs will be allocated for better trained and seasoned soldiers while those in Komcad, for example, will be getting those rocket launchers when the need arise.
For the best result at any conflict we can manage to acquire this best product (spike) for our special force units in limited amount necessary. As for much wider operators such as Kostrad & Marinir, we should to get any of these NLAW, Javelin, Panzerfaust 3, Carl Gustav, etc , by locally mass-produced in license-agreement from original manufacturers.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NLAW and Javelin would have additional order, but not coming so soon. European and US would prioritized them to Ukraine, the UK even take out their own inventory to replenished the ones being spent in the war

And i hope Taiwan too can take a lesson here. Hope they are much better prepared

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
with our new Pandur II IFV with ares UT30MK2 already equipped with COAPS commander sight, we might aswell upgraded all of our Leopard 2 old commander sight with Elbit COAPS.

1646034325502.png

1646034430727.png

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Or harimau's CMI commader sight (if posible?)
well, what i must say.
Oprtonics suite are easy to implement. Just plug and play like gun sight in a rifle.

As i mention before, i hope both commander & gunner have its own sight (Thermal, IR, NV) thus can increase situational awareness while in battlefield

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
well, what i must say.
Oprtonics suite are easy to implement. Just plug and play like gun sight in a rifle.

As i mention before, i hope both commander & gunner have its own sight (Thermal, IR, NV) thus can increase situational awareness while in battlefield
Hunter-killer optronic equipment is a basic neccesity/must have items nowaday . Anybody say otherwise was either he lives in a lala lands or never ever connected to internet for his whole life .. Ever!!

☕☕

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hunter-killer optronic equipment is a basic neccesity/must have items nowaday . Anybody say otherwise was either he lives in a lala lands or never ever connected to internet for his whole life .. Ever!!

☕☕
Ironically most of 🇮🇩 armored vehicle lack of such hunter killer - target tracking computer.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Imho our Pandur IFV UT30MK2 turret with COAPS is better than our neighbour's AV8 Gempita with the LCT30 turret which its commander sight is still FFBNW. Have not seen any on them yet.

Last edited:

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Imho our Pandur IFV UT30MK2 turret with COAPS is better than our neighbour's AV8 Gempita with the LCT30 turret which its commander sight is still FFBNW. Have not seen any on them yet.
Correct. Such panoramic periscope and multi view optronics not only usable at skirmish mode. But also very usefull in navigating upon the field.

Well if you said AV 8 gempita, and any other APC in SEA region. It's save only Terrex and Pandur have configuration such complete Optronics and computer ballistic mission

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But could we even put Elbit periscope on Leopard?
I bet Rheinmetall still hold their guarantee. I doubt Brazilian Elbit can do integration work for our Leopards. Are there even plan to upgrade their panoramic periscope? I highly doubt it.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does the new tank we bought from Russia for marine that already arrived have Hunter/killer feature like you mentioned?

Nope , they doesn't .... That is why the big chief are quite blunt in pointed it out in front of the marines honchos ... After all it's their own boys who will get the shorter end of the stick in case they should meet a peer enemy up north today .
Ironically most of 🇮🇩 armored vehicle lack of such hunter killer - target tracking computer.

Sigh ... Let us be positive . We still have the time for gradual fix and upgrade . Small window of time but provided they choose the right partner it would bring boon and learning chance for our local defence industri too .

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom