Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,498
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,625
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I personally hope that this "when" question will not getting answer like "until the pigs cows fly".

I think we don't need something as fancy as Japanese Izumo-class or South Korean Dokdo-class yet, as long as that computer render above can be created - because it was based on PT PAL's STAR 50 cargo ship - it's already good enough for a first step to eventually create something like those two classes of LHD I just mentioned.

RajaSultanKing

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I personally hope that this "when" question will not getting answer like "until the pigs cows fly".

I think we don't need something as fancy as Japanese Izumo-class or South Korean Dokdo-class yet, as long as that computer render above can be created - because it was based on PT PAL's STAR 50 cargo ship - it's already good enough for a first step to eventually create something like those two classes of LHD I just mentioned.

Lol, jokes aside, it would be better to increase our support ships (like LST, Oiler, Sub-tender) and the likes as well as a corvettes or OPVs that can act as their protector with proper SAM, Radars and guns

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nah, our gov only cares about 4.0 industrial "hype".

Don't buy that bullshit and hypes . Action speak louder than words . Unless they totally overhauled their old top management i don't put much of my stocks on them ...
If only that was the case. Unfortunately about 3 months ago I've been asked to write 10 pages long PowerPoint for explaining the so-called Industry 4.0 particularly regarding the capital cost of implementing it, because there is strong rumour (wacana) that it will be made mandatory for businesses to adopt Industry 4.0. Suffice to say, the capital cost of implementing Industry 4.0 in small-medium size local industry that still operating in a mix of Industry 2.0 and Industry 3.0 is just too much (beyond reach)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Coming soon Majapahit class...
If this naming convention is to be adhered, then "Majapahit" would be a Kapal Pendarat Material

vpOznzQ.jpg

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I was not talking about what the Israelis been doing in the Palestine. I was focusing on your claim that the politicians have been barking loudly about our military procurement from Israel.

I admit I'm not really active in Indonesian social media environment. Heck, I even set the Twitter trending in my account to UK. But even simple quick google search doesn't show this "political elites barking loudly about military procurement from Israel" claim of yours.

Look, military stuff for most people is not really entertaining. Only few people actually interested in this military stuff. All of us members here are the minority bunch. I'm pretty sure that those politicians would prefer to use other Jewish products to "bark loudly" about Israel and leave the military procurement as the least preference:ROFLMAO:. That's why I made a point that the government will find it very easy to play and muddle the narrative if they start to bark about our military pro
Sometime things are escalated not in the media main channel
If only that was the case. Unfortunately about 3 months ago I've been asked to write 10 pages long PowerPoint for explaining the so-called Industry 4.0 particularly regarding the capital cost of implementing it, because there is strong rumour (wacana) that it will be made mandatory for businesses to adopt Industry 4.0. Suffice to say, the capital cost of implementing Industry 4.0 in small-medium size local industry that still operating in a mix of Industry 2.0 and Industry 3.0 is just too much (beyond reach)

I only believe it when i see it ....

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
@Indos

don't know why but at other forum you seems so confused or spreading your own agenda and can't differentiated between LoI and effective contract deal

even the Shipyard itself had mentioned it was a contract which already been signed, not LoI or other stuff like preambule contract

Trieste, June 10, 2021 – Fincantieri, one of the most important shipbuilding groups in the world, and the Ministry of Defense of Indonesia, have signed a contract for the supply of 6 FREMM class frigates, the modernization and sale of 2 Maestrale class frigates, and the related logistical support.

The order represents a success for Fincantieri and for the Country, which has a fleet of 10 FREMM ships. The agreement is of the utmost importance to strengthen the collaboration between two Countries in a strategic area of the Pacific.

https://www.fincantieri.com/en/medi...cantieri-will-provide-8-vessels-to-indonesia/

Fincantieri will be prime contractor for the entire program. The construction of the frigates will ensure significant employment benefits not only for several Italian shipyards of the Group in the next years, but also for other companies in the sector, namely Leonardo, as well as numerous small and medium-sized national companies, and will see the collaboration of the local PT-PAL shipyard (Java island). The modernization of the two Maestrale class vessels, which Fincantieri will acquire from the Italian Navy once decommissioned, will also be carried out in Italy.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From PT DI admin,new CN 235 MPA serial production number N70 for TNI AL

Screenshot_20210803_190606.jpg

This clearly different from previous contract of five units CN235 MPA back then during SBY administration. As they are already delivered back then in 2018

Not even Penjaga kantin Kemhan mentioned the deal for this current batch of CN 235 and exact number being ordered

Last edited:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,625
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait, what? I thought the UGCV is being developed by PT Ansa Solusitama with Balitbang Kemhan for TNI-AD? Or is this a different project altogether?

If yes, it means there are two similar projects currently running. This is still okay if the Navy's version has a different sets of planned capabilities - let's say, amphibious - but if not... well, it's just mean that the old habit is still here then.

You know, the good old 'country of 1001 prototypes' habit... :rolleyes:

Abarky

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Geezzz an open source microcontroller board? C Language for programming? OMG todays open technology at your disposal and here we are still stuck in the middle age? Where all those programmer graduate goes to?

I happen to have a computer hobby in my college year and work as technical support to fill my poor dompet mahasiswa. It wasnt my major in school, it was just like a hobby. Tho Iam not updated with current tech but those things he mentioned is like an empty book waiting to be filled. They shoulda create a programming scholarship for their internal purpose or recruit one. Anyway well done to him, I bet his supperior has no clue what he is talking about first time he started the project 😬

Anyway I kinda a miss my old hobby; creating a bot for room chat war, hijacking peoples room using bot, online games, hacking the games to be "Dewa" :LOL:. Getting a knock from US Mashal and homeland security for being an ex local Indonesian student association (9/11 era). Memories... 😁

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
WOOOW Robot Perang Karya Anak Bangsa🤓 Tidak kalah canggih dengan robot perang Amerika

Geezzz an open source microcontroller board? C Language for programming? OMG todays open technology at your disposal and here we are still stuck in the middle age?
Hey now there is nothing wrong with using open-source architecture and writing in C++, each language have its place. I also use open-source architecture to great effect.

Where all those programmer graduate goes to?
The talented one, usually working for some Middle Eastern, or European firm of course.

They shoulda create a programming scholarship for their internal purpose or recruit one.
Waste of money for negligible gain.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
on the 12.7 mm topic, it is the ultimate ffbnw weapon. Although not listed in the specs, i believe the installation itself is quite simple as it only requires welding a mounting at designated positions, so in no time we can have the ship bristles with 12.7 mm (or FN MAG if you prefer it to the ma deuce)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
on the 12.7 mm topic, it is the ultimate ffbnw weapon. Although not listed in the specs, i believe the installation itself is quite simple as it only requires welding a mounting at designated positions, so in no time we can have the ship bristles with 12.7 mm (or FN MAG if you prefer it to the ma deuce)

Navy or Army both use STK 50 right now as Pindad Made it by license. Ma Deuce if they can get on hand some special order

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
WOOOW Robot Perang Karya Anak Bangsa🤓 Tidak kalah canggih dengan robot perang Amerika
Never underestimate the power of ARDUINO.

Easy, and cheap to build 😎

At first glance it just like Mount a GPMG on a line-tracing robot.

Is there any info about how strong encription for the UCGV.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom