Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Misleading?
We'll have to listen and read carefully to bu Retno's statement first to be really sure what the agreement really means from Indonesian perspective.

Personally, I feel like everyone now - including us - has already started to put their own chess pieces to the board. For real, this time.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,426
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do FONOP against Chinese and in return you will get FONOP from Chinese.
Yup, we shouldn't play tough guy with giants like China, only respond when threatened.

a conflict with China is hardly our interest.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No need for that at this moment, lets not get caught in US & China games of world dominance. One particular fact we have to consider is China & US trade is increasing despite all those tariffs war. What does that tell us? ;)
So does German & France during inter-war period. And we all know how that end up.

Choosing side doesn't mean we suddenly went openly hostile toward any side. But it's about WHERE & HOW we're positioning ourselves in the grand scheme of things. Which is why this "talk" was done by the Chief of Diplomat rather than by the Chief of Military establishment.

Personally, I feel like everyone now - including us - has already started to put their own chess pieces to the board. For real, this time.
yeach that's how it's look like. At least we are making our position clear. It will pave the way for things to come

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
yeach that's how it's look like. At least we are making our position clear. It will pave the way for things to come
And China already foresaw that we will lean more toward the West. They had the option to not making moves that will make us do so in the North Natuna Sea and elsewhere - even within our own territorial waters with their "research ships" which "accidentally" turned off their locator - but they choose not to.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And China already foresaw that we will lean more toward the West.
I strongly doubt that. So far they doesn't seem to anticipated JKW stern position of defending 🇮🇩 EEZ around Natuna. Moreover, I recall their 🇮🇩 Ambassador was making serious diplomatic faux de pass several years back (forgot what it was all about). Their line of thinking seem to assumed that we will cave in to their pressure at Natuna thus "surrendering" our part of EEZ under trade & vaccine pressure.

Anyway, I'm more worried of their persistent "cyber efforts:" And I wasn't referring to those troll & buzzer here, but the more technical things of cyber efforts, along with their Fifth Column

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
At this current stage, whether for good or ill, 🇮🇩 will have to choose a side. It's simply something that we have to take the risk, because the other option is just unpalatable.
So does German & France during inter-war period. And we all know how that end up.

Choosing side doesn't mean we suddenly went openly hostile toward any side. But it's about WHERE & HOW we're positioning ourselves in the grand scheme of things. Which is why this "talk" was done by the Chief of Diplomat rather than by the Chief of Military establishment.
To me choosing a side = taking a side = belong to the certain side

That inter-war era of German & France are gone, todays game is different.

I am abit confuse; so we can choose side while not being hostile to position ourselves? First of all just by choosing side can be consider acting hostile to their national interest or perspective. Even by not taking side can be consider hostile as well. Secondly; if its about where & how we are going to position ourselves then it should be done before we choose a side right?

Anyway I already share my point of view on this things in ID External Affair. I hope we all can look it from geopolitic perspective to have better feel of this issue and discuss more there and not derailing too much here. 😁

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There's no way we can choose sides. China will always be there up north with their huge military power. We'll always be here within their missile range (and soon fighter range).

Unless we can ask help from Solomon to move the whole China to other side of the globe, there's no way we can avoid China.

So it's not in our best interest to provoke China in any way. That's why we've been zigzagging between US and China all these years.

Having said that, smart diplomatic move by the new regime in 2024 is severely needed.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There's no way we can choose sides. China will always be there up north with their huge military power. We'll always be here within their missile range (and soon fighter range).

Unless we can ask help from Solomon to move the whole China to other side of the globe, there's no way we can avoid China.

So it's not in our best interest to provoke China in any way. That's why we've been zigzagging between US and China all these years.

Having said that, smart diplomatic move by the new regime in 2024 is severely needed.
China Has Been Generous

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Prepared to embark KRI TELUK YOUTEFA

227711762_3873107636130884_5777553717962842921_n.jpg
224908646_3873107676130880_717047001202818853_n.jpg
224792081_3873107722797542_7216532727228619177_n.jpg

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indian OPV? That's new...
Second hand submarine or submarine rescue and OPV, which one do you guys prefer?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indian OPV? That's new...
Second hand submarine or submarine rescue and OPV, which one do you guys prefer?
This guy.....Is he going to publish everything without at least analyzing the possibility or at the very least asking him self why?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom