Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,379
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How many VLS it will carry? Are they still projecting it as AAW frigate?
this is for the 143+M version.

but we ordered for the 140M variant....so maybe less ????
Ketar-ketir

Well mum, it still gonna happen and escalating quickly. Whether you like it or not.
as long as the Australians use their nuclear attack boats for educational and medical purpose we should not worry to much.;)

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
Ketar-ketir

Well mum, it still gonna happen and escalating quickly. Whether you like it or not.
Well mr and mrs. diplomat should now either (i) advise the govt to pick a side and become a reliable partner to whoever we choose to be bff with (and this should apply for the long run), and (ii) learn that in real world you have to carry a big stick if you want other people to listen to you carefully.

If they don't want to do both then that post is what i called as "mokondo"

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is SM400 Dutch or British radar?
CAMM opportunity is high now!

Also 16 vls but 1 equipped for 4 missiles = 64 missiles, still a juggernaut for me 👍
The tweet: "The real value will be..."
My meme-infected brain: "The real treasure was the friendship we made along the way..." 🤪

Italian Frigates, English (Danish) Frigates and hopefully Japanese Frigates deal soon

Indonesia aim is to compete against Australia and China high end surface combatant warships assets
FREMM + Maestrale, AH140, FFM30... All in all, if everything goes well, we'll have about, what? 14 new and 2 refurbished frigates after 2024?

Re: compete against China. Still not even close. Their shipyards churn out frigates and destroyers like peanuts or "kacang rebus" like there's no tomorrow.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Maybe he means *Refurbished

And disaster relief
it's not the first time we see a nuclear sub used for SAR / Disaster relief mission 😂

Russian Nuclear Submarine Rescues Sailors in Distress​

1631863680552.png

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
The tweet: "The real value will be..."
My meme-infected brain: "The real treasure was the friendship we made along the way..." 🤪

FREMM + Maestrale, AH140, FFM30... All in all, if everything goes well, we'll have about, what? 14 new and 2 refurbished frigates after 2024?

Re: compete against China. Still not even close. Their shipyards churn out frigates and destroyers like peanuts or "kacang rebus" like there's no tomorrow.

well in all fairness i believe not even the USA can compete with the pace of PRC's ship building 😵

at the very least we need to have the capability to welcome some trespassing ships and ram those ships if they decide to do something stupid and brings our big bully friends to gang up on them if they decide to retaliate 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,531
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
it's not the first time we see a nuclear sub used for SAR / Disaster relief mission 😂

Russian Nuclear Submarine Rescues Sailors in Distress​

View attachment 31318
"It's not uncommon for the Navy to rescue civilian ships"
WOW
*free tour to the sub i wanna one too

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
well in all fairness i believe not even the USA can compete with the pace of PRC's ship building 😵

at the very least we need to have the capability to welcome some trespassing ships and ram those ships if they decide to do something stupid and brings our big bully friends to gang up on them if they decide to retaliate 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️
i rather hope to never see US revived it's wartime industrial might again.

1631864850198.png

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Since factually, we have no hope of achieving even a "partial parity" with the juggernauts from the North, South, and from the other side of the globe within the next decade, we really need to be smart and develop something that at the very least can cause headaches for their generals and bloody noses for their naval assets should they dare to invade us.

Oh, I completely agree with that.

We still need to procure big ships for our navy, that's for sure. But in order to be able to cause a maximum hindrance in the shortest amount of time against the Northern juggernaut (and others as well if the situation reversed somehow), we need a lot more of smaller, fast, both ordinary and low observable boats armed with missiles.

And submarines! And MPA aircraft armed with AShM, torpedoes and sea mines! As well as medium transport, multi-role amphibious aircraft that can land and take off in adverse weather and sea conditions like the ShinMaywa US-2!

(Yes, I'm a fanboy of the latter. It's easy to see why despite its price tag, though).

In short: asymmetric sea warfare.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
pretty interesting stuff especially at 03:44 timestamp onwards, showing how much modularity this platform can handle, babcock actually even manage to design a mast for what's it's looks like an AN/SPY-6 radar(AEGIS).

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
pretty interesting stuff especially at 03:44 timestamp onwards, showing how much modularity this platform can handle, babcock actually even manage to design a mast for what's it's looks like an AN/SPY-6 radar(AEGIS).
replace VLS there? really?
make it to be 32 vls will be pretty easy then!

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Love the way he put the vls back after he realized there isnt enough room on the back of naval gun, at 2nd stage

So this is from canteen guard,
24 vls for aaw? 6 canister?
from his Video:

2 x 6 cells VLS for Medium range SAM
2 x 6 cells VLS for Long range SAM
2 x 8 cells VLS for AShM
2 x 76 mm oto melara
1 x CIWS 35 mm

so VLS for SAM will be 12 or 24 ?

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So, current confirmed upcoming ship for TNI-AL currently include:

To be built & receive:
- 6x FREMM frigate
- 2x Maestrale frigate
- 2x Arrowhead 140 frigate

In construction:
- 2x KCR-60 FAC
- 2x PC-60m Patrol vessel
- 2x OPV-90m
- 2x 60m MCM vessel
- 1x 125m Replenishment oiler
- 1x 123m Hospital assistance ship

Finishing phase (fitting out equipment):
- 4x 117m LST
- 1x 60m trimaran FAC
- 1x 123m Hospital assistance ship
------------------------------------------------------------- +
Total: 26 ship to be launched, fitted, and crewed for the next 5-15 years.

Also,

Current contract with unclear status:
- 3x DSME Submarine deal
- 1x 95m Replenishment oiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a lot of new crew that needed to man those vessel IMO.
How about interim submarine, money have been allocated for that right?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We are strengthening our military for self defense, they are strengthening their military to invade Taiwan and also because of territorial ambitions.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom