Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My wish for NSM as a standarized missile strike armament while we licenced the atmaca and manufacture it here for a coastal defence batteries .. as precursor for our own indigeneous Ashm .

My wish ...

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My wish for NSM as a standarized missile strike armament while we licenced the atmaca and manufacture it here for a coastal defence batteries .. as precursor for our own indigeneous Ashm .

My wish ...
Hopefully if the NSM live firing test is successful the Navy will equipped those AH140s and FREMMs with NSM.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You guys can continue here.
Now that's a smart move. So NSM for our future ship standard missile.

Kongsberg need to do more maneuver to enter Indonesian market, won't be easy to compete against MBDA(exocet) product here.

I am okay if we keep using exocet, unless...

There will be exocet,Taseo,NSM , and posibly Harpoon ( bawaan platform if they given away it to ,but it is a big if ).and i still waiting and hoping for another upcoming big deal for the ID navy.

Destroyer

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
One of them are LRAD and MERAD system, but some influence planner though it is better to procure high end Frigates and Destroyer especially one with ABM Defense capability to handle such task
So they want more than AAW "IVER" vrygate?
Now on the 2nd question, what class being offered by SoKor solution if i may know?or the tonnage

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So they want more than AAW "IVER" vrygate?
Now on the 2nd question, what class being offered by SoKor solution if i may know?or the tonnage

Still on discussion and proper planning, never knew if there is another cross over in the final Laps. What i can said, even the US is very eager to sold their Arleigh Burke class,one Made in their own yards to foreign customer, expect unexpected.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
US is very eager to sold their Arleigh Burke class
If they give us Aegis, seems like they want that ALRI to join their PLAN "chain" containtment

Also thanks to you my imagination gone berserk🤣
Oh boii, finally they take the north seriously. Well the topic remindme when JSDF choose to added more aegis destoyer, rather than land based aegis

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,570
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still on discussion and proper planning, never knew if there is another cross over in the final Laps. What i can said, even the US is very eager to sold their Arleigh Burke class,one Made in their own yards to foreign customer, expect unexpected.
The contender is SK and US?
Does JP also interested offering something other than 30FFM?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,570
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What offerings are under consideration for the AShM induction?
Not Brahmos that is for sure, its for a small trimaran after all.
But IMO the winner have high possibility to be used on the new frigate also.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 853
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Not Brahmos that is for sure, its for a small trimaran after all.
But IMO the winner have high possibility to be used on the new frigate also.
French I suppose since you're inducting a fair bit of French aerial and naval platforms while I don't expect the F-15EX deal to go thru...the French also have an extremely powerful defence lobby

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
even the US is very eager to sold their Arleigh Burke class

Just like Eagle 2, they'd quote us with a huge price if we dare to ask them about Arleigh Burke.

Unfortunately, our option is limited. CMIIW, but apart from the U.K., the European countries don't seem to operate the destroyers at the level that MoD wants.

Sejong with European weaponry/systems would probably be a bit cheaper.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,563
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the European countries don't seem to operate the destroyers at the level that MoD wants.
Sadly yes, horizon class and type 45 limited to the 48 vls, while i believe their PAAMS capability having BMD. If we could wait for another decades (which we cannot) Italian DDX or type 83 would be on par or higher than Arleigh Burke

And talk about Sejong, the batch i is super on par with type 55 in term of vls num, but i hink they will reduced the vls number for the next batch, and mixed with their K-VLS.

If we could get Sejong the Great, well its cruiser classified as destroyer

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I move the discussion here.
Btw there is still several must have item in which doesn't know they can proceed nowadays or must waiting after current shopping spree ended. One of them are LRAD and MERAD system, but some influence planner though it is better to procure high end Frigates and Destroyer especially one with ABM Defense capability to handle such task. One of prominent reason is Naval assets much more mobile, more strategic , can carry other stuff beside those SAM system and can cover many of our big coastal Cities and vital assets when needed. In principil i am kinda agreed with them, after all countries like Indonesia is a maritime country afterall.
But that could possibly burden our Navy. What if they have to stuck protecting some area when in a same time they are possibly needed somewhere else?

(Like becoming air defense umbrella for a task force maybe)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom