Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Jhie_Oeng

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i thought we already buy this amphibious plane....

Attachments

• CL-415.png
    CL-415.png
    571.5 KB · Views: 110

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The Monsun Gruppe role was mostly to establish a supply route for critical raw war materials from Sumatra & Java by trading the latest of German equipment for Dai Nippon. And disturbing Allied supply route in Indian Ocean.

Type IX can reach Malaca Strait (Penang) with refuelling in the middle of the Atlantic by Milch Cows (Type XIV) and / or by conventional tanker (commercial) in the middle of Indian Ocean (usually east of Madagascar) with and the later Type IXC/40 & Type IXD2 can cruise directly to either Penang or Batavia, albeit by going slow (9 kts - 10 kts) to maintain fuel economy.

The Mediterranean is off limit to u-boat. This is what happen if u-boat try to sneak in to the Mediterranean

I won't call it more advance or any is better than the other. Its more about doing it in different way (methods & procedures). For example US boats have Position Keeper to help keeping track of contact, while U-boats link their UZO (U-Boot-Zieloptik / U-Boat aiming optic) and both of their periscope directly to the Torpedorichtungsweiseranlage (Torpedo Fire Control)

This is the typical u-boat convoy attack modus operandi

Due to the nature of underwater environment, ASW is best done by aerial unit rather than having another underwater asset doing it. There just too many uncertainties in underwater warfare.
I'd love the "Crash Dive" scene. When the commander start screaming "Alarm...!". Also our former sailor do the same back then when the whiskeys are in servisce, since whiskey were sucessor for Type XXI subs.

I wonder do we still do the same with our current subs ?

You right, submarine still posses a dangerous threat to surface combatant, and yet our navy asset still far from proper equipped to counter this threat. I know dipping sonar is great, but if we has sono buoys it will be great. This remember me to red october ASW scene, when A seahawk deliver torpedo.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,571
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'd love the "Crash Dive" scene. When the commander start screaming "Alarm...!".
Sus

Must be because of a man that running full speed with exposed butt.

I know dipping sonar is great, but if we has sono buoys it will be great.
It will be great to have fixed wing ASW asset rather than just suno-buoys.
Both dipping sonar and suno-buoys are good, dipping sonar and suno-buoys from helicopter can get extra noise from the loud engine and rotor blades, suno-buoys from planes won't get much noise from the planes and more importantly planes can cover wider area.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The greatest assets to hunt Submarine pack is aerial ASW platform. This already being proven long time a go during Great hunt in the near Coast of Atlantic area, and accompanied them with Surface platform who had ASW capability they are force to be acknowledge

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Must be because of a man that running full speed with exposed butt.
😂 I didn't ever think you remember that detailed scene.

German Type VII has 2 toilet, compared to Whiskey that have none. This lead me to the consclusion that Soviet made warmachine aren't made for crew comfort at all.
The greatest assets to hunt Submarine pack is aerial ASW platform.
Somehow i'd love to admit your statement is true?

But hey. Is there any news of fixedwing ASW platform procurement is bring to the surface ? Or even being materialize?

All news that i ever heard we play an eye to so called Poseidon, but all of the sudden it's dissapeared.

In other hand European counterpart of Poseidon are currently in development, wich use A330 as its base, same fuselage that made A330 MRTT.
wich again coincidently meet our need 'bout Transport & Tanker, and Maritim Patrol Aircraft.

So WDY guys, wich is better for us is it Airbus A330, or Boeing if there's allocated budget ?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Both dipping sonar and suno-buoys are good, dipping sonar and suno-buoys from helicopter can get extra noise from the loud engine and rotor blades, suno-buoys from planes won't get much noise from the planes and more importantly planes can cover wider area.
Dropping sonobuoy is the domain of fixed wing asset. Although surface vessel & helicopter can also do it, but not as effective as fixed wing in terms of speed (coverage area). While ASW helo with dipping sonar pinpoint the contact and prosecute it.

But hey. Is there any news of fixedwing ASW platform procurement is bring to the surface ? Or even being materialize?

All news that i ever heard we play an eye to so called Poseidon, but all of the sudden it's dissapeared.

In other hand European counterpart of Poseidon are currently in development, wich use A330 as its base, same fuselage that made A330 MRTT.
wich again coincidently meet our need 'bout Transport & Tanker, and Maritim Patrol Aircraft.

So WDY guys, wich is better for us is it Airbus A330, or Boeing if there's allocated budget ?
Anything that is available and doesn't have suicidal flight computer is a great choice.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I suppose talking about Das boot and ww2 u boat mission counts as one.
Then how we will explained some wreck of U-boats at java sea?
Isn't it still in Navy teritory?

Bout some movie, i think its the only visual reference we got about how subs work. Since We barely know how subs work until to the recent days when youtube is available. If there only focused on indonesian navy perhaps next day i'll never ask about past 10 September 1945 topics.

At first place My appology,if there any of my words that insult you.
Please, correct me if i wrong.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,487
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Then how we will explained some wreck of U-boats at java sea?
Isn't it still in Navy teritory?

Bout some movie, i think its the only visual reference we got about how subs work. Since We barely know how subs work until to the recent days when youtube is available. If there only focused on indonesian navy perhaps next day i'll never ask about past 10 September 1945 topics.

At first place My appology,if there any of my words that insult you.
Please, correct me if i wrong.
No problem, it's just my intention that we stop some discussion before it's got derailed too far.

Top Bottom