Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 627
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Looks like vrygate Merah Putih still gone mutant, but with better design rendering i thing i could accept it now

and looks like PT. Pal trying to converge both Sigma 10514 with Iver Huitfeldt design.
(*edit : this was the first attempt, look at the mockup, but then maybe they realize that it was ugly and unnecessary, so they only modified to add couple meter long to fit the vls, but still retain the second deck gun from original design, not from 10514))

20230703_063352.jpg

AH140_Defense Studies.JPG

My Commentary
The VLS number is way much more than the spec already shared, from the mockup itself (and the later rendering ((although it looks vague)) the forward vls is 8x6 (48 cells ((not counting the very behind naval gun)). But then the spec itself said
12 LR SAM
12 SR SAM
16 LR SSM

* i don't trust the spec shared tho,
because
1. The spec said doesn't match with the mockup made,
2. The spec for missile, it just doesn't make sense, for the SR SAM that kinda acceptable because Sigma 10514 did the same, 12vls VL MICA,

BUT, IF, if we go LR SAM, what missile canister could hold 12 launcher, if not 8+4 canister,

Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Looks like vrygate Merah Putih still gone mutant, but with better design rendering i thing i could accept it now

and looks like PT. Pal trying to converge both Sigma 10514 with Iver Huitfeldt design. View attachment 59042
View attachment 59043

My Commentary
The VLS number is way much more than the spec already shared, from the mockup itself (and the later rendering ((although it looks vague)) the forward vls is 8x6 (48 cells ((not counting the very behind naval gun)). But then the spec itself said
12 LR SAM
12 SR SAM
16 LR SSM

because
2. The spec for missile, it just doesn't make sense, for the SR SAM that kinda acceptable because Sigma 10514 did the same, 12vls VL MICA,

BUT, IF, if we go LR SAM, what missile canister could hold 12 launcher, if not 8+4 canister,
is that a freakin RBU-6000 just behind the second 76mm 💀 💀 💀 💀.

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

and looks like PT. Pal trying to converge both Sigma 10514 with Iver Huitfeldt design.
(*edit : this was the first attempt, look at the mockup, but then maybe they realize that it was ugly and unnecessary, so they only modified to add couple meter long to fit the vls, but still retain the second deck gun from original design, not from 10514))

View attachment 59042
View attachment 59043

My Commentary
12 LR SAM
12 SR SAM
16 LR SSM

because

they took a different angle to avoid the rudder jokes huh?
:cautious:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 59042
View attachment 59043

My Commentary
12 LR SAM
12 SR SAM
16 LR SSM

because

If they chose bhamos, well the missile is big and heavy and it will be placed behind the bridge and its quite high from the waterline and even though the missile is vertical but it still significantly change the CoG(closer to the water line), hopefully they already consider this and adjust the design so in the future when the ship is doing hard-turn it won't ngglimpang.
The Indian navy put their brahmos in the bow thus it is not located that high from the waterline.

they took a different angle to avoid the rudder jokes huh?
:cautious:
Because she doesn't turn, she drift.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw Navy HQ need to add more Arsenal center for Ammunition storage, Batuporon Arsenal in Madura currently is not adequate enough as Indonesian Navy already expanded their forward operation. In my opinion there is several places quite suitable for new Arsenal location

1, Morotai, they are strategically located in eastern region, safe from earthquake zones, the Allies and IJN in the past too realized the important of this place has offer.
2, Batam or Bintan area region, this place also strategically located near the hotspot of Natuna Sea and also located near the umbrella of Singapore Air Defense system, with cooperation deal Indonesia can benefitted to place Arsenal here safely.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator