Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Translation

The Power Division, through the Turbine Component Factory in Cilegon, exported power plant components on Friday, April 16, 2021. This time, PT Barata Indonesia (Persero) exported the components of the Silo Combustion Chamber power plant to Zhoushan, China.

The main component of the gas turbine (Combustion Chamber) will be used in Zhejiang Petrochemical Co.'s Zhoushan GT 20 project. Ltd. Do you know #baratizen, all components are made using high quality steel raw materials supplied by local companies. This is in line with the company's mission to continue to improve the competitiveness of the national manufacturing industry through a commitment to the use of high local content.

Hopefully it's just a kick start...because we still have a long miles to go to be a gas turbine manufacturer.

The Silo type-combustor is a fabrication components, not a precision component compare to cold machining components. For example, some dimensional error tolerance for fabrication components on this silo combustor size can be in 0.5 to 1 cm still acceptable. More than a decade ago, I was many times checking the dimension of this silo-type combustor (made by Siemens Power Generation) during maintenance outage of the power plant.

But, for precision machined components , a micron (1/1000 milimeter) scale of error can make big impact. This is for the cold precision machinery products.

Imagine for the components with the same precision but to be used in more than 1200 degree celcius. We should also take into account its thermal growth dimensions when the materials heated up from ambient temperature up to thousands degree celcius. And do consider, this material will not just very hot and standstill , but it will spin at very high RPM. You can find gas turbine engine for aircraft or helicopter which has nominal speed up to 33,000 RPM. Thus, For the fighter jet, this engine will be brought turned upside down in a high G- maneuver.

We cannot feel satisfy too fast with this achievement at very early stage of gas turbine manufacturing ( and even more headache : gas turbine design)

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
We should treat the offering very carefully. I'm not saying the missile is bad or something (it's a brand-new type of missile). 🇵🇰 is a very close ally if not client state of 🇨🇳. And do remember against whom we intend to use that missile if we ever decide to procure them.

I'm going to repeat myself:

1. Buy drones from 🇨🇳 that is encroaching and claiming your EEZ.
2. Be paranoid about a far-fetched compromise of a brand-new AShM that you may or may not end up buying, by a friend🇨🇳 from a friend🇵🇰from a friend🇹🇷, even-though the host nation🇹🇷 was kind enough to invite your military in the first place to witness a live-fire of said AShM.
3. ????
4. Profit!!! (meaning Indonesia not even reaching the middle income trap because of the above mentioned Indonesian mentality that is preventing it from deep cooperation)

Now I'm really starting to understand the type of mentality present in Indonesia...

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hopefully it's just a kick start...because we still have a long miles to go to be a gas turbine manufacturer.

The Silo type-combustor is a fabrication components, not a precision component compare to cold machining components. For example, some dimensional error tolerance for fabrication components on this silo combustor size can be in 0.5 to 1 cm still acceptable. More than a decade ago, I was many times checking the dimension of this silo-type combustor (made by Siemens Power Generation) during maintenance outage of the power plant.

But, for precision machined components , a micron (1/1000 milimeter) scale of error can make big impact. This is for the cold precision machinery products.

Imagine for the components with the same precision but to be used in more than 1200 degree celcius. We should also take into account its thermal growth dimensions when the materials heated up from ambient temperature up to thousands degree celcius. And do consider, this material will not just very hot and standstill , but it will spin at very high RPM. You can find gas turbine engine for aircraft or helicopter which has nominal speed up to 33,000 RPM. Thus, For the fighter jet, this engine will be brought turned upside down in a high G- maneuver.

We cannot feel satisfy too fast with this achievement at very early stage of gas turbine manufacturing ( and even more headache : gas turbine design)

For the material I suspect they get it from Krakatau Posco, Krakatau Steel also have another JV with Japanese companies (2 JV), but for JV with Japanese I think they focus on automotive industry

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
New or old? When was the photo taken?

IMG_20210626_070726.JPG

In the Pindad mockup, the front of the Tank is made lower, I don't know if it is realized or not.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

2. Be paranoid about a far-fetched compromise of a brand-new AShM that you may or may not end up buying, by a friend🇨🇳 from a friend🇵🇰from a friend🇹🇷, even-though the host nation🇹🇷 was kind enough to invite your military in the first place to witness a live-fire of said AShM.
3. ????
4. Profit!!! (meaning Indonesia not even reaching the middle income trap because of the above mentioned Indonesian mentality that is preventing it from deep cooperation)

Now I'm really starting to understand the type of mentality present in Indonesia...
Actually, you get it all wrong. And I won't expect non-Indonesian to ever understand our way of thinking and the domestic political context of the situation.

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

3. ????

I wish things were so clear cut and simple as you're insinuated to be . Without our highest regard to the Turks we won't bother to spectating such demonstration at all . In case you haven't noticed . That CH 4 and it's derivatives were the latest ever big item tickets we were ever procured from them . Ever ... !!

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

FIN Komodo Bledhex​

Indonesia offroad electrical car

hadeeeh abal2x opo maneh iki :rolleyes::unsure:. EV powererd off roading is still kinda far away prospect due to energy density of the battery. When your offroading you need as much energy density as possible. That is the primary reason vehicle such as Toyota Land Cruiser, Hilux, Mitsubishi Triton, Pajero, etc have larger fuel tank for their size compare to road going vehicle

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
https://www.inka.co.id/berita/852

27 June 2021

INKA Group, as an integrated rail and land transportation manufacturer in Indonesia, was awarded a contract for the procurement of 262 container flat top wagons for Kiwi Rail, New Zealand. The project is expected to be completed in 18-20 months. This was conveyed by the Marketing General Manager of PT INKA (Persero) Wai Wahdan, Sunday, June 27, 2021.

"This project is expected to be a big step for INKA Group to return to its role in the Oceania rail market as was the success in supplying 224 blizzard center sills for BradkenRail, Australia, previously," said Wai.

Kiwi Rail as an end customer is a New Zealand state-owned enterprise (BUMN) which is engaged as a rail transportation operator and also as the largest inter-island ferry operator in New Zealand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do you guys think inka should've atleast try to open subsidiaries for defense industries ??? i see their management is one of the healthiest for SOE

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
https://www.inka.co.id/berita/852

27 June 2021

INKA Group, as an integrated rail and land transportation manufacturer in Indonesia, was awarded a contract for the procurement of 262 container flat top wagons for Kiwi Rail, New Zealand. The project is expected to be completed in 18-20 months. This was conveyed by the Marketing General Manager of PT INKA (Persero) Wai Wahdan, Sunday, June 27, 2021.

"This project is expected to be a big step for INKA Group to return to its role in the Oceania rail market as was the success in supplying 224 blizzard center sills for BradkenRail, Australia, previously," said Wai.

Kiwi Rail as an end customer is a New Zealand state-owned enterprise (BUMN) which is engaged as a rail transportation operator and also as the largest inter-island ferry operator in New Zealand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do you guys think inka should've atleast try to open subsidiaries for defense industries ??? i see their management is one of the healthiest for SOE

Noooooo!!!!

INKA should do what they are doing today and perfected that roles into the most finest detail and instead spent more for acquisition of new technology in railway system (by buy license, buy right to use and so on) and cooperated with whatever railway company and research technology institution in the world can give them slight edge compared to their competitor in railway making and assembly. Thus i believe it was the best course of them.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Puskod Baranahan Kemhan Menyasar Industri Nasional Untuk Lakukan Kodifikasi Material​

Senin, 28 Juni 2021

Jakarta
tmp_13216-IMG-20210628-WA00411013753458.jpg
– Badan Sarana Pertahanan Kementerian Pertahanan (Baranahan Kemhan) sebagai salah satu badan di Kementerian Pertahanan (Kemhan) mempunyai tugas melaksanakan pengelolaan sarana pertahanan dengan salah satu fungsinya adalah melaksanakan tugas di bidang pengelolaan sarana pertahanan, meliputi pengadaan, jasa konstruksi dan sarana pertahanan, kodifikasi material, dan pengelolaan aset atau barang milik negara di bidang pertahanan.

Salah satu fungsi Baranahan Kemhan yaitu kodifikasi material dan asistensi teknis koordinasi data kodifikasi materiil yang dilaksanakan oleh Pusat Kodifikasi Baranahan Kemhan (Puskod Baranahan Kemhan) dengan sasaran ke industri-industri nasional yang mendukung Pertahanan.

Beberapa
tmp_13216-IMG-20210628-WA00401649133471.jpg
kegiatan yang dilakukan Puskod Baranahan yang dipimpin langsung Kepala Pusat Kodifikasi (Kapuskod) Baranahan Kemhan Laksma TNI Janter Elias Manik, M.Si (Han) adalah melakukan beberapa kegiatan ke sejumlah industri pertahanan.

Kegiatan tersebut bersifat teknis dan terkait dengan peraturan-peraturan terbaru dalam pengelolaan data-data yang sangat diperlukan, serta mekanisme/proses penerbitkan sertifikat NATO Commercial and Governmental Entity (NCAGE) code dan katalog materiil Sistem Nomor Sediaan Nasional (NSN).

Kegiatan asistensi sangat penting dilaksanakan, guna mendukung dan meningkatkan peran Puskod, dan industri nasional bidang pertahanan, meningkatkan pemahaman dan peran industri nasional, mendukung ketersediaan materiil, menerbitkan dan menyajikan data kodifikasi yang berkaitan erat dengan ketersediaan materiil pengganti (substitution and interchangeable part). Selain itu juga untuk menyediakan Katalog Materiil Pertahanan dan availability manufacture dalam Manajemen Logistik Materiil Pertahanan.

Asistensi teknis koordinasi data kodifikasi materiil Sistem Nomor Sediaan Nasional (NSN) dilakukan Puskod Baranahan Kemhan berkerjasama dengan industri pertahanan nasional seperti PT Elektronika Utama ITB Bandung, PT Daya Radar Utama Lampung dan PT Bintang Timur Samudera Surabaya. Yang kegiatannya telah berlangsung di tiga industri pertahanan tersebut serentak tanggal 28 Mei 2021.(Biro Humas Setjen Kemhan)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Puskod Baranahan Kemhan Menyasar Industri Nasional Untuk Lakukan Kodifikasi Material​

Senin, 28 Juni 2021

Jakarta
tmp_13216-IMG-20210628-WA00411013753458.jpg
– Badan Sarana Pertahanan Kementerian Pertahanan (Baranahan Kemhan) sebagai salah satu badan di Kementerian Pertahanan (Kemhan) mempunyai tugas melaksanakan pengelolaan sarana pertahanan dengan salah satu fungsinya adalah melaksanakan tugas di bidang pengelolaan sarana pertahanan, meliputi pengadaan, jasa konstruksi dan sarana pertahanan, kodifikasi material, dan pengelolaan aset atau barang milik negara di bidang pertahanan.

Salah satu fungsi Baranahan Kemhan yaitu kodifikasi material dan asistensi teknis koordinasi data kodifikasi materiil yang dilaksanakan oleh Pusat Kodifikasi Baranahan Kemhan (Puskod Baranahan Kemhan) dengan sasaran ke industri-industri nasional yang mendukung Pertahanan.

Beberapa
tmp_13216-IMG-20210628-WA00401649133471.jpg
kegiatan yang dilakukan Puskod Baranahan yang dipimpin langsung Kepala Pusat Kodifikasi (Kapuskod) Baranahan Kemhan Laksma TNI Janter Elias Manik, M.Si (Han) adalah melakukan beberapa kegiatan ke sejumlah industri pertahanan.

Kegiatan tersebut bersifat teknis dan terkait dengan peraturan-peraturan terbaru dalam pengelolaan data-data yang sangat diperlukan, serta mekanisme/proses penerbitkan sertifikat NATO Commercial and Governmental Entity (NCAGE) code dan katalog materiil Sistem Nomor Sediaan Nasional (NSN).

Kegiatan asistensi sangat penting dilaksanakan, guna mendukung dan meningkatkan peran Puskod, dan industri nasional bidang pertahanan, meningkatkan pemahaman dan peran industri nasional, mendukung ketersediaan materiil, menerbitkan dan menyajikan data kodifikasi yang berkaitan erat dengan ketersediaan materiil pengganti (substitution and interchangeable part). Selain itu juga untuk menyediakan Katalog Materiil Pertahanan dan availability manufacture dalam Manajemen Logistik Materiil Pertahanan.

Asistensi teknis koordinasi data kodifikasi materiil Sistem Nomor Sediaan Nasional (NSN) dilakukan Puskod Baranahan Kemhan berkerjasama dengan industri pertahanan nasional seperti PT Elektronika Utama ITB Bandung, PT Daya Radar Utama Lampung dan PT Bintang Timur Samudera Surabaya. Yang kegiatannya telah berlangsung di tiga industri pertahanan tersebut serentak tanggal 28 Mei 2021.(Biro Humas Setjen Kemhan)
This is a move in the right direction, a good start indeed. Hopefully the platform development & deployment can be executed within acceptable parameters, of which I kinda doubt, but still hoping they will succeed nonetheless.

My only dismay of this, is they seem to insist with "Karya Anak Bangsa", thus will hamper both development & deployment. Companies such as SAP AE, Microsoft, Oracle, and Fujitsu already have ready-made integrated solution for this kind of application. It will be cheaper and faster to deploy compare to developing untested & unproven "Karya Anak Bangsa"

Last edited:

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
A question: does Indonesia have any (independent) defense journalists and think tanks?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom