Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is up to companies who want to invest. I don't think these countries are not allowing others to make investment.
For example, if it was profitable for Ford to open a factory in France, we would see it.
The reason why foreign investment is not in these countries is because they support national industry and the foreign companies can not see profit.

Unlike the only solution that occurred to comrade @TheInsider the solution to a national car manufacturing economy is to incentivize your domestic brands and make it prevail against foreign investment.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,081
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG and Ford Otosan do not even compete afaik. Ford Otosan is mostly producing commercial vehicles.
Ford Otosan is very much export focused. Every cent spend on an employee earning money, building the factory, R&D and at least 40% of the profits that are distributed (if at all) remain in Turkish hands.

Let companies do business, they are better at solving our problems than our government.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Let companies do business, they are better at solving our problems than our government.
There was no Turkish brand until government interfered and pressed for TOGG. Türkiye was categorically a third world country. That is what the Istanbul's investors made of Türkiye. To make things clear. Being fair matters.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,081
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was no Turkish brand until government interfered and pressed for TOGG. Türkiye was categorically a third world country. That is what the Istanbul's investors made of Türkiye. To make things clear. Being fair matters.

Turkey was never a Third World country, by its original definition or when it comes to the automotive industry. Going to have to stop your populism right there. Having a Turkish brand is good, but most of the local car brands are from joint ventures, so at least half domestic with r&d done here at place.

TOGGs too is going to have a very good chunk of their car sourced from abroad and only eventually aim for a high domestic input. TOGGs batteries are right now only assembled in Turkey and Ford Otosan will make them here. So from that perspective, Ford Otosan is ahead of TOGG. Also developing engines before it was cool.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey was never a Third World country, by its original definition or when it comes to the automotive industry. Going to have to stop your populism right there. Having a Turkish brand is good, but most of the local car brands are from joint ventures, so at least half domestic with r&d done here at place.

TOGGs too is going to have a very good chunk of their car sourced from abroad and only eventually aim for a high domestic input. TOGGs batteries are right now only assembled in Turkey and Ford Otosan will make them here. So from that perspective, Ford Otosan is ahead of TOGG. Also developing engines before it was cool.
That's now how the world sees it. Türkiye was a barren country where no car brands were born.

Anything you do under a brand you do for the power of that brand.
Anything under TOGG makes TOGG bigger no matter what the source.
Anything under Ford makes Ford bigger.
It is Mercedes that gets the credit no matter where its parts are made.

Profchaos

Reactions
1 278
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How do you guys say vatan haini in english?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,762
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Correct! Turkey IS a “ Developing Country”
Yet The CIA classifies Turkey as a developed country.

Although Turkey has its own economic struggles it is not a “third world country. The best way to describe Turkey is developed/developing. According to the CIA Factbook, Turkey is a developed (first-world) nation while on the other hand organizations such as FTSE classify Turkey as developing. The world bank labels
Turkey as an upper-middle-income country related to its GDP per capita.

(By the way this has been the case at least, since 1992)

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Correct! Turkey IS a “ Developing Country”
Yet The CIA classifies Turkey as a developed country.

Although Turkey has its own economic struggles it is not a “third world country. The best way to describe Turkey is developed/developing. According to the CIA Factbook, Turkey is a developed (first-world) nation while on the other hand organizations such as FTSE classify Turkey as developing. The world bank labels
Turkey as an upper-middle-income country related to its GDP per capita.

(By the way this has been the case at least, since 1992)

Yes. Developing County. Dont trust to much in this category. Its to much infectd by populism.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Back when I was in school my professor objected me when I said Turkey is a developing country and said there is no such thing and there is developed and underdeveloped countries and Türkiye was underdeveloped. The professor never received any respect from me but that was how it was.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,851
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Back when I was in school my professor objected me when I said Turkey is a developing country and said there is no such thing and there is developed and underdeveloped countries and Türkiye was underdeveloped. The professor never received any respect from me but that was how it was.
Your Prof think their is no middle category between underdeveloped countries like Uganda and developed like USA?

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@TheInsider

Do you perhaps know what is going on at TEI because the employee jump seems extraordinary.

1647622878287.png

1647622897786.png

Almost 50% growth in 6 Month for a 37 Year old Company.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your Prof think their is no middle category between underdeveloped countries like Uganda and developed like USA?
It is like you either go to heaven or to hell, isn't it, like 0 and 1 in computing nothing in between.
You either make a car or not.
When there is no brand there is no car.
When there is no car there is no being developed.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear members please avoid off-topic posts. We do not want valuable informations to be obscured by such discussions on this subject where very important issues are discussed.

Thanks

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@TheInsider

Do you perhaps know what is going on at TEI because the employee jump seems extraordinary.

View attachment 41179
View attachment 41180

Almost 50% growth in 6 Month for a 37 Year old Company.
TF-6000 is a real project and it is going on full steam(i heard good news about TF-6000 but there is still a lot of time needed before something can be demonstrated) ahead with TS-3000 and TS-1400(military variant is a thing now). Other than that it might be related to recent TF-X turbofan developments. TEI will get a huge work package from RR-SSB deal and might need extra hands to fulfill all orders. Another possible reason might be the employment of Ukrainian engineers. I guess a combination of the above caused the recent hike in employees. Apart from those, I don't know what other reasons there might be.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
TF-6000 is a real project and it is going on full steam(i heard good news about TF-6000 but there is still a lot of time needed before something can be demonstrated) ahead with TS-3000 and TS-1400(military variant is a thing now). Other than that it might be related to recent TF-X turbofan developments. TEI will get a huge work package from RR-SSB deal and might need extra hands to fulfill all orders. Another possible reason might be the employment of Ukrainian engineers. I guess a combination of the above caused the recent hike in employees. Apart from those, I don't know what other reasons there might be.

What is the expected thrust of TF-6000? 6000 lbf?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is what a 6.000 lbf engine looks like.

Rolls-Royce-F405-Adour.jpg

and it can power a plane like the Boeing T-45 Goshawk

T-45-Goshawk.jpg

See how the guy puts his hand in the back of the engine

Last edited:

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
To your knowledge, how quickly could such an engine be ready for MIUS and other platforms?
From videos in youtube made at the end of 2021 year and asking questions about all type engines to TEI Genel Müdürü Akşit.
He answared that we should able to see 3-4 new engines used as propeller in 2022 and for jet engines at best case 1-2 of them at end of 2022 or next year 2023

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
To your knowledge, how quickly could such an engine be ready for MIUS and other platforms?
i try to find out one of the videos where question is asked and he anwers but there were other videos "never the less" here you go
video time question at start of time 7:34

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom