Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because we are confronting a country like India. It seems to be against our economic and political interests...
Under any other circumstance, I'd agree with you. This isn't that circumstance though.
Modi's current nationalistic bunch are, and I'm being diplomatic here, buttfuck insane. Don't think we could establish anything meaningful with them.
Truly a shame. :/

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Under any other circumstance, I'd agree with you. This isn't that circumstance though.
Modi's current nationalistic bunch are, and I'm being diplomatic here, buttfuck insane. Don't think we could establish anything meaningful with them.
Truly a shame. :/
I don't like Modi and his party either, but they think the same about us. This is what I always see in the comments of Indians. Countries do not depend on individuals. The interests of the country come before governments and individuals.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The interests of the country come before governments and individuals.
You're quite right, but I have my doubts on the individuals making up the government. They don't seem like the bunch who can make rational decisions in the name of the country they're running.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
any idea when will those chip making fabs will start producing them? i think chip is the most important thing left in Turkish army industry these days

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TUBITAK and Qatar Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) will cooperate to establish a "chip production facility" in Gebze. The required machinery will be provided by HBKU. Production facility, clean rooms and management will be made by TÜBİTAK BİLGEM

• 65nm chip production facility will be established in Gebze together with Qatar HBKU. Qatar will purchase all the machines and Turkiye will supply technology and production methods.

If 65nm chip production facility is established in Gebze, I think we can target 45nm in bigger chip and wafer factory to be established in Ankara.

Btw, Thank you Qatar for their support.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great news and a good first step. While it is a technology and node that was first launched in 2006 its still in use in many smart devices, IoT. If we can get Vestel, Arcelik & other electronic companies to use these chips it could become a commercial success. Defense alone wont be enough to make a profit.

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is still a great demand for 65 nm and it will continue some time into the future. Household appliances, automobiles, and really all kinds of electronics except computers, smartphones and data centers still use 65 nm or above. Besides, Europe produces only a fraction of their microchip demand and they want to diversify geographically, so there is a very good opportunity to export. If we could also get 45 nm in Ankara, we would be golden for most military and industrial applications.

For chips that need to do heavy computations or things like AI applications you would still need the cutting edge chips but the demand should be relatively low in number.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,001
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
The minister mentioned that the current Turkish designed chips are manufactured in Malaysia currently.
I guess this means that our cooperation with Malaysia maybe didnt work out.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,075
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The minister mentioned that the current Turkish designed chips are manufactured in Malaysia currently.
I guess this means that our cooperation with Malaysia maybe didnt work out.
As far as I could find out Malaysia does not have 65nm process, they have 180nm. Çakıl processor is manufactured in Taiwan.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
23 2,027
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A very important development. Although 65 nanometers is a 25-30 years old technology, IMO we can go down to the 5 nanometer level very quickly with unorthodox methods.

Because with the 65 nanometer production method, we will be able to produce not only chips, but also ion ray masks at 65 nanometers level. 65/5=13, 5 nanometer chips can be produced indirectly with 13 separate masking.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 970
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A very important development. Although 65 nanometers is a 25-30 years old technology, IMO we can go down to the 5 nanometer level very quickly with unorthodox methods.

Because with the 65 nanometer production method, we will be able to produce not only chips, but also ion ray masks at 65 nanometers level. 65/5=13, 5 nanometer chips can be produced indirectly with 13 separate masking.
65 nm has been commercialized in 2004-2005, Not 30 years old technology. And it is relatively modern node that is still used/suited in many industrialized like automotive and Machinery. And Depending on photo lithography machines They chose, It is possible that same lithography machines can be improved to 28nm process node. I doubt this facilty will be used in large scale manufacturing outside of military industy but This Know-how is extremely valuable and It makes it possible to establish large scale manufacturing facility for modern semiconductor industry.

limits-of-lithography-the-most-advanced-lithography-technology-extreme-ultraviolet-lithography-relies-on-light-with-a-wavelen.jpg

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
19 8,152
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
  • 65nm chip production facility will be established in Gebze together with Qatar HBKU. Qatar will purchase all the machines and Turkiye will supply technology and production methods.

If 65nm chip production facility is established in Gebze, I think we can target 45nm in bigger chip and wafer factory to be established in Ankara.

Btw, Thank you Qatar for their support.
The question would be: How much is Qatar's share in the ownership? Any info?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can go down to 10/7nm node starting from 65nm node. It is chosen for a reason. The use of phase-shifting masks started with this node and with careful multi-patterning, you can go smaller and smaller down to 10/7nm.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom