TR Industry, Science and Technology

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
Turkey's First Hydrogen Valley HYSouthMarmara & South Marmara Hydrogen Coast Platform Signing Ceremonies

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-04-28 165724.jpg

Minister Varank stated that today, as the Ministry of Industry and Technology, they have signed the visionary projects that they will put into use on the development of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen production, which are of strategic importance, and continued his words as follows:

"The first of these is the Hydrogen Valley Project. What is the hydrogen valley: A cluster where hydrogen is produced, stored, consumed, where our companies both produce and use hydrogen. Hydrogen is an alternative energy source for many industrial applications. It is used in the chemical industry and many other production processes. For example, fertilizer and "We need hydrogen in the production of ammonia, which is the raw material of medicine. In oil refineries, hydrogen is used to improve fuel quality and reduce pollutants. There is a need for hydrogen in many other areas. Vehicles running on hydrogen are another important subject of this technology."

Hepdert

Reactions
6 753
Nation of residence
Turkey

View attachment 56782
Minister Varank stated that today, as the Ministry of Industry and Technology, they have signed the visionary projects that they will put into use on the development of hydrogen technologies and hydrogen production, which are of strategic importance, and continued his words as follows:

"The first of these is the Hydrogen Valley Project. What is the hydrogen valley: A cluster where hydrogen is produced, stored, consumed, where our companies both produce and use hydrogen. Hydrogen is an alternative energy source for many industrial applications. It is used in the chemical industry and many other production processes. For example, fertilizer and "We need hydrogen in the production of ammonia, which is the raw material of medicine. In oil refineries, hydrogen is used to improve fuel quality and reduce pollutants. There is a need for hydrogen in many other areas. Vehicles running on hydrogen are another important subject of this technology."
❌ In the near future, the good news of hydrogen sulfide may come from the Black Sea, which has made a name for itself with its natural gas reserves.

🇹🇷 The value of hydrogen sulfide, which is planned to be extracted by the method developed by Turkish scientists, is expressed in trillions of dollars...

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
A quick Wrap-Up on the chip production topic:

According to technology minister:

🟡250nm chip
Design and production in Türkiye. (Tübitak Yital)
Mainly for the defence industry

🟡65nm chip
designed in Türkiye
Production in Malaysia and, according to some, at TSMC in Taiwan.

If you want to learn more about chip production in Türkiye you can watch this video:

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,181
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Defense Industry GHOST Workshop was organized

The Workshop on Technologies to shape the Operational Environment of the Future (GHOST) was organized. With GHOST, the Turkish defense industry is preparing for the 2050s.

The Turkish defense industry, which has been making a show of strength with national projects in recent years, is preparing itself for the combat conditions of the 2050s with the Technologies that will shape the Future Operational Environment (GHOST) Workshop. The defense industry sector, TAF, academics and experts will prepare the Turkish army of the future for the operational environment together.

Under the coordination of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey Presidency of Defence Industries and with the participation of ASELSAN, TÜBİTAK, TAI, ROKETSAN, HAVELSAN and STM, a call for competition was opened within the scope of the GHOST Workshop in order to draw a picture of the future operational environment and to reveal new technologies. Members of the Turkish Armed Forces, employees of defense industry companies and academics working at research universities will be able to participate in the competition, which is open to extraordinary ideas and unimagined dreams."

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,730
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
"Defense Industry GHOST Workshop was organized

The Workshop on Technologies to shape the Operational Environment of the Future (GHOST) was organized. With GHOST, the Turkish defense industry is preparing for the 2050s.

The Turkish defense industry, which has been making a show of strength with national projects in recent years, is preparing itself for the combat conditions of the 2050s with the Technologies that will shape the Future Operational Environment (GHOST) Workshop. The defense industry sector, TAF, academics and experts will prepare the Turkish army of the future for the operational environment together.

Under the coordination of the Presidency of the Republic of Turkey Presidency of Defence Industries and with the participation of ASELSAN, TÜBİTAK, TAI, ROKETSAN, HAVELSAN and STM, a call for competition was opened within the scope of the GHOST Workshop in order to draw a picture of the future operational environment and to reveal new technologies. Members of the Turkish Armed Forces, employees of defense industry companies and academics working at research universities will be able to participate in the competition, which is open to extraordinary ideas and unimagined dreams."

That is some GOAT ad tbh

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,736
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
National Electric Train Set is open for visitors. It has all the necessary certificates and will start operating soon.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
As I read it the production of the 22nm is still continuing, but apparently only up to 100 mio pieces.

does that mean we’ll have something better when we get there ?
I believe they are saying that they are aiming for 100 million transistor inside 22nm manufacturing process with 1ghz speed, but the amount seems low to me.

22nm can contain about 1.3 billion transistors(ballpark I am not that well versed in transistors).

They know better then me I guess there is a reason they are aiming for 100 mil, maybe to reduce cost and the extra transistors are not needed.

But I believe they will exceed their aim.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because we are not producing a CPU for desktop applications. Those CPUs are for industrial applications comparing them to intel CPUs is a waste of time.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,153
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe they are saying that they are aiming for 100 million transistor inside 22nm manufacturing process with 1ghz speed, but the amount seems low to me.

22nm can contain about 1.3 billion transistors(ballpark I am not that well versed in transistors).

They know better then me I guess there is a reason they are aiming for 100 mil, maybe to reduce cost and the extra transistors are not needed.

But I believe they will exceed their aim.
They are small die size chips.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,736
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Transistor count means nothing. That depends on the size of the chip. What's important is the size of a single semiconductor node, which determines the transistor density. Node size of 22nm is the technology of 2011-2013, not 1996. It's a very good progress from 65nm.
Transistor count shows the PROCESSING ability of the chip. Node size is more about power requirement & how many nodes can be fitted to that certain die size. If you have a miniscule amount of transistors like 10 million, even if you made it with 1nm tech it would be pretty useless. World is closing up to 10 billion per commercial chip meanwhile Turkiye is at 10 million LOL.

Top Bottom