Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In a speech made by previous Minister of Industry, Mr. Varank at Arçelik factory, he said that they (State) will give all kinds of support to Koç family if they agree to invest in chip factory that is planned to be established in Ankara.

Now, together witth new industry minister, the heads of Koç group held a meeting with Mr. Erdogan. I think this meeting is for previously mentioned chip factory.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There will probably be a vacuum in the microchip universe that need to be filled now that China is sidelined.

fushkee

Reactions
4 212
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if we decide to establish a chip factory, how are we going to be able to buy chip production equipment? As I know that, there is only one initiative with Qatar for more than 90 nanometers diameter. ASML or others will seep the machine to us?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if we decide to establish a chip factory, how are we going to be able to buy chip production equipment? As I know that, there is only one initiative with Qatar for more than 90 nanometers diameter. ASML or others will seep the machine to us?
Most likely no, they won't sell. IMO we should also manufacture our own machines. I think we will probably adopt a production technique other than lithography. Lithography is very similar to the method of CNC machines, namely subtractive manufacturing. Looks like we're going to need additive manufacturing.

Last edited:

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye have some companies that produce machines to build things so if state help private companies and together they can study and produce those machines

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,598
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In a speech made by previous Minister of Industry, Mr. Varank at Arçelik factory, he said that they (State) will give all kinds of support to Koç family if they agree to invest in chip factory that is planned to be established in Ankara.

Now, together witth new industry minister, the heads of Koç group held a meeting with Mr. Erdogan. I think this meeting is for previously mentioned chip factory.

Hope they don't pull another TOGG

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our most fundamental and long-term industrial problem is that we cannot produce new knowledge. So our universities are not enough.

The main reason for this is that a significant part of the society still and still rejects critical and free thinking, despite all the disasters we have experienced!

For them, acquiring technology is enough, and critical and free thinking is dangerous. The same mentality in Russia as historical and Russia have incomparable resources with us. Now Russia is in the process of disintegration!

They did not learn from the disasters of the Ottoman Empire, we understood that, but do they not learn from the disaster of Russia that happened before our eyes? I definitely don't understand.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What we call industrial structure is basically a cybernetic structure. Cybernetic structures consist of 3 main components.

a) Low entropy knowledge, The most suitable examples for a) are mathematical equations and source codes.

b) Low entropy matter, I meaning, raw&source materials produced in industrial standards. For example, 99.999% pure iron.

c) Low entropy energy. They are heat or electricity sources whose flow rate does not change over time.

Our industry cannot produce them in the required quality and quantity, that is our problem.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Our most fundamental and long-term industrial problem is that we cannot produce new knowledge. So our universities are not enough.

The main reason for this is that a significant part of the society still and still rejects critical and free thinking, despite all the disasters we have experienced!

For them, acquiring technology is enough, and critical and free thinking is dangerous. The same mentality in Russia as historical and Russia have incomparable resources with us. Now Russia is in the process of disintegration!

They did not learn from the disasters of the Ottoman Empire, we understood that, but do they not learn from the disaster of Russia that happened before our eyes? I definitely don't understand.

I understand what are you implying.
But sometimes too much 'critical thinking' leads to stuff like 'critical race theory' and gender becomes 'fluid' and 'spectrum.'

Although, I am no expert but my impression is Türkiye is on the right path.

Given it is a newly industrialised country, it will probably take 1/2 more decades to become a world leading player in innovation and development of cutting edge technologies.
However, (unlike Russia) it is a democracy and stable. So I think, eventually it will get there.

Last edited:

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Most likely no, they won't sell. IMO we should also manufacture our own machines. I think we will probably adopt a production technique other than lithography. Lithography is very similar to the method of CNC machines, namely subtractive manufacturing. Looks like we're going to need additive manufacturing.

Didn't Pilatino claim that Turkey already started to build its own Lithography machine in one of its technoparks back on page 61?

Hope they don't pull another TOGG
Why not, what is wrong with TOGG?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Didn't @Pilatino claim that Turkey already started to build its own Lithography machine in one of its technoparks back on page 61?

There are two levels of lithography: One is the etching of the chip cores, the other one is the etching of the lines leading from the core to the chip's legs that connects the chip to the board it is to be installed on. So a lower tech is also needed to make the chip. We don't know which one we worked on.

Last edited:

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
There are two levels of lithography: One is the etching of the chip cores, the other one is the etching of the lines leading from the core to the chips legs that connects the board to the board is to be installed. So a lower tech is also needed to make the chip. We don't know which one we worked on.
At least work is being done; they will hopefully do both eventually.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,598
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why not, what is wrong with TOGG?
TOGG's fine. But Koç group was infamously uncooperative during TOGG's inception. Seems like they'd rather pimp out the labor of the Turkish worker to the lowest bidder instead of generating value for the motherland.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We don't need the cutting-edge equipment of ASML. There are several equipment producers for the nodes we want to produce. China is one of them.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom