Inkas titan S 4×4 APC enters service with Azerbaijani state border service in karabakh

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
20210307_140133.jpg

Pictures emerged in unofficial azerbaijani military page showing what looks like an emirati titan S 4×4 APC in service with azerbaijani state border service in karabakh and the following description in the picture was the following:
"Another local production TITAN S armored personnel carrier, newly added to the arsenal of the State Border Service, has started its service in our liberated territories."
Specifications of the the 4×4 apc made in uae by inkas:

ArmamentArmor
One 7.62mm or 12.7mm machine gunCEN Level B7 ballistic protection maximum
Country usersWeight
Middle East Countries and Africa4,820 kg
Designer CountrySpeed
United Arab Emirates110 km/h
AccessoriesRange
Emergency lights, police lights, siren and PA system, external video cameras, and more.750 km
CrewDimensions
2 + 6Length: 5.28 m; Width: 2.18 m; Height: 2.85
1615222328020.png

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
UAE was only talking to Armenia because of Turkey and relations seem to be going towards the path of normalization with Turkey soon after withdrawing from Libya.

I would prefer closer ties to Azerbaijan and for the UAE to invest in more oil production there if possible. Armenia is a doomed country imo at this point.

Also @Predator is this vehicle the Canadian Inkas or the Inkas copy from the UAE? He mentions local production but IIRC Inkas Canada was the only country who set up a local production facility in Azerbaijan not the UAE Inkas which is odd.

Last edited:

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Also @Predator is this vehicle the Canadian Inkas or the Inkas copy from the UAE? He mentions local production but IIRC Inkas Canada was the only country who set up a local production facility in Azerbaijan not the UAE Inkas which is odd.
Makes sense since that azerbaijan has joint venture called inkas which produces vehicles made by inkas but i said emirati because it showed pics of titan s made in uae

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Makes sense since that azerbaijan has joint venture called inkas which produces vehicles made by inkas but i said emirati because it showed pics of titan s made in uae
I'm not exactly sure at this point to be honest. If I was Azerbaijan I would not trust Canada anymore after they sanctioned Turkey's avionics for TB2.

I think it is the UAE Inkas though it looks different than the Inkas Canada vehicle. Not sure though, I find it quite funny though how they are separate entity but the UAE company seems to be copying the Canadian company.

1615226365380.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not exactly sure at this point to be honest. If I was Azerbaijan I would not trust Canada anymore after they sanctioned Turkey's avionics for TB2.

I think it is the UAE Inkas though it looks different than the Inkas Canada vehicle.
So,how does this make any sense?
The UAE was on the Armenian side yet,set up a jv with Azerbaijan for these Inka/Titans in Azerbaijan?

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
So,how does this make any sense?
The UAE was on the Armenian side yet,set up a jv with Azerbaijan for these Inka/Titans in Azerbaijan?
Well I think UAE wasn't really on the Armenian side per se but was trying to go against Turkey by talking more with the Armenians. Let me do some more research and check if its an Inkas CA or an Inkas UAE vehicle. UAE has more interest in Azerbaijan long term once normalization with Turkey occurs, Armenia has no natural resources and a bleak future likely.

It does seem to be an Inkas UAE vehicle though if you compare these images.

1615226572900.png

1615226585253.png

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well I think UAE wasn't really on the Armenian side per se but was trying to go against Turkey by talking more with the Armenians. Let me do some more research and check if its an Inkas CA or an Inkas UAE vehicle.

It does seem to be an Inkas UAE vehicle though if you compare these images.

View attachment 15594

View attachment 15595
The front looks Canadian but the rear looks UAE.
The front wheels look smaller then the back wheels.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here you go @Philip the Arab ,

INKAS® Armored presents its products together with AZCAN at ADEX-2016​

• September 28, 2016

Toronto, ON, September 28, 2016 – INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing, a Canadian-based company specializing in the production of armored vehicles for private, commercial and law enforcement purposes, has introduced its new line of armored personnel carriers together with AZCAN Defence Solutions, during the second Azerbaijan International Defence Industry Exhibition (ADEX 2016) in Baku on September 27-30.
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a co-founder of AZCAN Defence Solutions, which was established in Azerbaijan in order to commence the local production of armored multipurpose vehicles utilizing Canadian and Azerbaijani expertise and resources with the majority of vehicles intended for export. AZCAN primarily focuses on the design and production of special purpose peace keeping vehicles for law enforcement agencies, embassies and global corporations. Apart from armored personnel carriers, its product line also includes a wide range of other armored cars, such as executive SUVs, luxury sedans and cash-in-transit vehicles.
At ADEX-2016, INKAS® and AZCAN have presented a unique vehicle both in terms of technical characteristics as well as protection and comfort to its passengers. It can be configured into command and control, recon and surveillance or medical evacuation units depending on the client’s individual requirements. In addition to this new APC, companies demonstrated three other unique multipurpose armored personnel carriers and pickup trucks.
“At INKAS®, we are honoured to present our unique products together with AZCAN at ADEX in Baku. We truly believe that Azerbaijan is a unique country with enormous technological and innovative potential. We aim to significantly contribute to its economy by building a strong local manufacturing platform in order to produce high quality defense solutions within a competitive price range for global deployment,” – said David Khazanski, President, INKAS® Group of Companies.

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
Here you go @Philip the Arab ,

INKAS® Armored presents its products together with AZCAN at ADEX-2016​

• September 28, 2016

Toronto, ON, September 28, 2016 – INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing, a Canadian-based company specializing in the production of armored vehicles for private, commercial and law enforcement purposes, has introduced its new line of armored personnel carriers together with AZCAN Defence Solutions, during the second Azerbaijan International Defence Industry Exhibition (ADEX 2016) in Baku on September 27-30.
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a co-founder of AZCAN Defence Solutions, which was established in Azerbaijan in order to commence the local production of armored multipurpose vehicles utilizing Canadian and Azerbaijani expertise and resources with the majority of vehicles intended for export. AZCAN primarily focuses on the design and production of special purpose peace keeping vehicles for law enforcement agencies, embassies and global corporations. Apart from armored personnel carriers, its product line also includes a wide range of other armored cars, such as executive SUVs, luxury sedans and cash-in-transit vehicles.
At ADEX-2016, INKAS® and AZCAN have presented a unique vehicle both in terms of technical characteristics as well as protection and comfort to its passengers. It can be configured into command and control, recon and surveillance or medical evacuation units depending on the client’s individual requirements. In addition to this new APC, companies demonstrated three other unique multipurpose armored personnel carriers and pickup trucks.
“At INKAS®, we are honoured to present our unique products together with AZCAN at ADEX in Baku. We truly believe that Azerbaijan is a unique country with enormous technological and innovative potential. We aim to significantly contribute to its economy by building a strong local manufacturing platform in order to produce high quality defense solutions within a competitive price range for global deployment,” – said David Khazanski, President, INKAS® Group of Companies.

I saw this already while doing my searches but I'm still a bit befuddled about a few things. A few minor details throw me off that make me think this is a counterfeit from the Inkas in the UAE.

I'll try to edit the pictures together in a few minutes if possible.

Here is an Inkas Sentry
1615228097188.png

Notice the big difference in the wheel well between the vehicles? This is the biggest difference that makes me think the bottom vehicle is an Inkas Titan from a UAE company and the top vehicle is an Inkas Sentry.

1615228108614.png

The wheel well looks similar to this

1615228420476.png

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan

Video posted by azerbaijani state border service shows two inkas 4×4 apc vehicle in service and from the clear footage it looks like the emirati version made by inkas UAE
@Philip the Arab
Seems pretty good with B7 level protection against 7.62x51 NATO protection. PKM is a sufficient machine gun, but a 12.7mm would be better.

It should suffice as a border protection vehicle pretty well.

I wonder if this means UAE and Azerbaijan will have defence deals more or this is a one time thing.

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco

Another two emirati inkas titan S4×4 apc appeared in a video posted by Azerbaijani state border service in zangilan with snowy weather, it means that based on the two videos Azerbaijan operates four titanS apc (visually confirmed) only if there are other ones that already entered service
@Philip the Arab

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
@Predator
They are not the same vehicle, one is a different version of titan look at the back windows they are different.

The vehicle on the right is bigger than the one on the left.
Screenshot_20210312-140539_YouTube.jpg

Maybe one is Titan-DS because it has double doors like this vehicle and 3 windows on each side same as this one.

Last edited:

Philip the Arab

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
4 2,222
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Jordan
I found another video with them in it and it serms possible they were bought recently maybe in Feburary during IDEX?

It is 2 different versions one is on a Ford chassis and the other is on a Land Cruiser chassis I think.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom