Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 698
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Israel War Cabinet has apparently approved the use of retaliatory force on Iranian soil.

Things just keep escalating.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,389
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
It will mostly benefit Europeans and Ukraine, no? I don't see how it seriously helps Israel.
So it's a little complicated, but this is how it all fits together.

The U.S. has a supplemental aid package worth $95 Billion usd in the House of Representatives, waiting to be voted on (it already passed in the Senate). That package includes $11 Billion usd in military aid for Israel 🇮🇱 and $60 Billion usd in military and macro financial aid for Ukraine. The remainder of the package is aid for Taiwan 🇹🇼 and to replenish U.S. military stockpiles. The bill is being held up because Republicans are apprehensive about sending more aid to Ukraine and the Democrats are apprehensive about sending more aid to Israel. But the two are tied and Biden won't sign a package into law that doesn't address both simultaneously.

This is a proxy war of alliances. You have the EU / NATO, Australia, Israel and Ukraine on one side of the conflict, with strategic, but non-military support for South Korea and Japan. On the other side of the war is Russia, Iran and their proxies and North Korea, with strategic, non-military support from China.

Iran gets alot of its legitimacy and military support from Russia, and the Russians benefit from the Iranians in return. Russia is the "head of the snake", however, and if we want to see them defeated militarily, it's beneficial to see Iran tied up in conflict as well. Having Israel threatened will pressure the Republicans to allow a vote on the supplemental aid package that disproportionately benefits the Ukraine war effort vs Russia, but also provides vital funding to re-supply the Israeli war effort.

NATO + EU + Ukraine can handle Russia, but only if USA continues to be a major supplier of military aid for Ukraine in that coalition. They simply have enormous stockpiles of the exact type of equipment that Ukraine needs to fight that war. Simultaneously, a USA and Britain backed Israel ties Iran and its proxies up enough that they are not able to help Russia in any meaningful way.

If we want to cut the head off of the snake (Russia), it's much easier if Russia is embattled in its own conflict and can't afford to help supply the Russian war effort.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,389
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Israel War Cabinet has apparently approved the use of retaliatory force on Iranian soil.

Things just keep escalating.

That would be juicy. I'd like to see to see a saturation attack vs Iranian air defense to see how it comparatively handles such an attack. A large scale ballistic / cruise missile strike on Tehran would be interesting. Just to see how well Iran's air defense holds up. Raining fire down on the nerve center of the country seems like a reasonable retaliation.

I'll believe in when I see it though.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 698
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
NATO + EU + Ukraine can handle Russia, but only if USA continues to be a major supplier of military aid for Ukraine in that coalition.
results have to be proven 1st in order for continued funding from the US. Like when a major counter offensive is launched in spring 2023 that was supposed to lead them to Crimea as they claimed in their announcement I know Zelensky and Budanov are Jewish but Israel has more jews the U,S. has to protect than Ukraine. Guess who has high positions in Hollywood, Bidens cabinet, AIPAC and the western news media? I dont think anyone here has to explain to you how the world works.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 698
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Well I guess we know which country is getting the rest of the patriots with those SAMs after today, Tonight I will get drunk.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That would be juicy. I'd like to see to see a saturation attack vs Iranian air defense to see how it comparatively handles such an attack.

I'll believe in when I see it though.

I can see limied strikes using F35s supported by Tankers being successful. But Sending large numbers of 4th gen fighters in Iranian Airspace may not go well for Israel. Even though Israelis are well versed in SEAD/DEAD, Iran has vast network of AD systems in various layers, obviously they are not as good as the Western ones, still those could surprise us. And given the distance, Israel doesn't have sufficient supporting assets to sustain larges numbers of aircrafts in Iraninan Airspace.

Assuming it won't be a full fledged war and USA won't get involved, captured
pilot/downed jets won't look good for Israel. Even if it can do some damage to IRGC in the porcess.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom