Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,390
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Israel is likely simply showing Iran that it can strike into the heart of their country if need be. I doubt the attack is meant to truly escalate anything, in the same way that Iran's attack on Israel was largely just posturing.

According U.S. news, Israel told the Americans about the small scale attack before they launched the mission.

The ball is back in Iran's court now. They either escalate, or cooler heads will prevail.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,403
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Israel is likely simply showing Iran that it can strike into the heart of their country if need be. I doubt the attack is meant to truly escalate anything, in the same way that Iran's attack on Israel was largely just posturing.

According U.S. news, Israel told the Americans about the small scale attack before they launched the mission.

The ball is back in Iran's court now. They either escalate, or cooler heads will prevail.

Funnily enough, it's the U.S, not Israel itself who announced that IDF is behind the strike, so we'll likely see some IDF radars and comms getting blown by Iran via Hezbollah in the coming days.

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,390
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Funnily enough, it's the U.S, not Israel itself who announced that IDF is behind the strike, so we'll likely see some IDF radars and comms getting blown by Iran via Hezbollah in the coming days.
Probably. More insignificant attacks in the grand scheme of things. Neither country really wanting any kind of large scale war, for reasons that are understandable.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'm going to wait before I jump to any conclusions, but I will say this...

If Israel 🇮🇱 was able to simply slip some strike aircraft deep enough into Iran that they could strike the heart of the country, or accomplish a similar feat simply using drones, there is some significant explaining that people are going to have to do about Iran's "vaunted" air defense that has been discussed in this forum ad nauseum. I've been assured that Iran's air defense is significantly improved and it would be extremely difficult to cause serious damage to any of their key inland facilities with even a saturation attack, let alone a small scale strike.

It almsot like you are talking about me? Here's what I said two days ago.

The issue Israel faces here is that they cannot maintain significant persistent air presence in Iranian airspace to prosecute the war due to the distance. They don't have sufficient combat support service. I.e. Tankers. While F35s may get through, 4th gen fighter won't, (for stand-in interdiction) not easily in the same way. Yes, Israelis are well versed in EW and SEAD/DEAD but Iran has a very dense AD network and so many radars linked with each other that I don't think Israel can suppress them all while flying over such long distance and not being able to stay there persistently. However, stand off strikes are possible with F15s and F16s.

Again, I am talking about Israel's ability to carry out large scale protracted air war over Iran across the distance on its own. Not limited airstrikes with F35s and stand off strikes.

My position hasn't changed.

Reactions
2 75
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can Iran de-escalate tensions at this point?

Iran cannot stand it.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,541
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nothingburger, no explosions, no ""strikes", US blaming Israel in light speed pace.

If this is the "response" Israel has prepared it was an absolute disaster for them

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Those looks like explosions in the air. Dozens of them! 🤔

Relic

Contributor
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
11 2,390
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Nothingburger, no explosions, no ""strikes", US blaming Israel in light speed pace.

If this is the "response" Israel has prepared it was an absolute disaster for them
There was a limited strike (as many as 3) reported near the Iranian Air Force base in Isfahan. We'll see if anything significant occured when the dust settles. Make no mistake, Israel, in no way, attempted some devastating strike. What they did is prove to Iran that they have the capability to strike, at virtually any moment, deep into the heart of Iran, if they want to. That puts many of Iran's assets in play. Everything from military bases, to the network of oil refineries that keep Iran's economy moving.

Israel had no intentions of inflicting significant damage, or they would have made a genuine effort to do so, especially considering it doesn't appear that Iran's air defense systems weren't able to stop Israel from penetrating to the heartland of Iran proper. This was simply a psychological message from Israel that they are ready for war if Iran wants it. Not that dissimilar to the telegraphed strike Iran made on Israel previusly. Largely and attempt to show that serious damage could be inflicted if neccessary. Iran has what? 10-12 operational oil refineries. A planned, concurrent strike strike to those facilities could deeply damage Iran's fragile economy on hour 1 of a war. Israel just wanted Iran to know that they could facilitate that... Or at least make a quality attempt at doing so.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,403
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Before this, pro Israeli account be like... Flatten Iran, shock and awe bla bla

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I said this once and i will say it again . Iran has to retaliate ... Their regime's legitimacy are depended on it's respons .
Not to mention it was their consulates get attacked first . It's about delivering the messages to world at large . They were at the point of no return . Could they afforded it ?? Obviously not ... But , this is real politics ... Let's us see who is going to chickened out first ..

US doesn't need to create new enemy . Israel has made that choice for them ... Blatantly.
Israel is hell bent on dragging US feet into the abyss ...

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,403
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
. Iran has what? 10-12 operational oil refineries. A planned, concurrent strike strike to those facilities could deeply damage Iran's fragile economy on hour 1 of a war. Israel just wanted Iran to know that they could facilitate that... Or at least make a quality attempt at doing so.
Oh no haha, another attempt at economic wars.
How's that contra Russian economic war going on?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,052
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Middle East, Balkans and the Caucasus.

Turkiye is the middle of this. 3 of these regions are cursed with war.

Peace will only come to Turkiye if it controls 3 of its backyards.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,052
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye hasnt escaped any kind of spillover because these regions have become a playground for other countries and other powers.

Too little and too late.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia

There was a limited strike (as many as 3) reported near the Iranian Air Force base in Isfahan. We'll see if anything significant occured when the dust settles. Make no mistake, Israel, in no way, attempted some devastating strike. What they did is prove to Iran that they have the capability to strike, at virtually any moment, deep into the heart of Iran, if they want to. That puts many of Iran's assets in play. Everything from military bases, to the network of oil refineries that keep Iran's economy moving.

Israel had no intentions of inflicting significant damage, or they would have made a genuine effort to do so, especially considering it doesn't appear that Iran's air defense systems weren't able to stop Israel from penetrating to the heartland of Iran proper. This was simply a psychological message from Israel that they are ready for war if Iran wants it. Not that dissimilar to the telegraphed strike Iran made on Israel previusly. Largely and attempt to show that serious damage could be inflicted if neccessary. Iran has what? 10-12 operational oil refineries. A planned, concurrent strike strike to those facilities could deeply damage Iran's fragile economy on hour 1 of a war. Israel just wanted Iran to know that they could facilitate that... Or at least make a quality attempt at doing so.
You do realized Iran will strike back harder if there are more damages.
This is nothing.Just a small drones attack design to save israel face.

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 542
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
What was it?
How could Israel attack Iran using small drones? What small drones with bombs can fly more than 1000 km?
Or is this a local initiative?
Did the mother drone come and drop some drones on Iran? Or was it done, say, by an Israeli special aircraft?
Rockets?
F35?
Or was the Islamic Republic attacked by evil genies :devilish: and shaitans?
Unclear.

(Given the excessive superstitiousness of Iranians and their belief in all sorts of otherworldly possibilities, the latter version cannot be ruled out):)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom